Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,892,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I would expect illegal immigration to continue to fall in 2009. There are no jobs to come for anymore! I read many heartwarming stories about illegals returning home with no plans to return to the US because of this situation.
Jobs don't really matter as long as giving birth gets them more welfare handouts than they could have dreamed of.

If an unwed girl has a baby in Mexico, she will have to work to support that child, if she makes it over the border to give birth here, she never needs to worry about money again in her life.

In Mexico they have free public schools but not with the free breakfasts and lunches. They don't have WIC, food stamps, they aren't given free housing.

Then there's the exuse some will have that there's too much violence in their own country so they will insist they should live here instead of doing anything about the problems of their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 12:41 AM

956 posts, read 3,008,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Sorry, but it's hard to take woolridge seriously when he bases his own article on research done by documented racist john tanton.
Do you need to constantly attempt to derail threads with ad hom attacks?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Derailing threads and ad hom attacks is much easier than coming up with justifications and explanations on exactly why one group of people should not be expected to abide by our immigration laws when this country has by far the highest levels of legal immigration of any other country in the world.

It's easier to attack others than to explain why the USA should be the only nation with no laws regarding immigration, and why there should be no limits of any kind placed on immigration. Why the USA should be a free-for-all, with completely uncontrolled population growth by billions of impoverished people moving in.

The pro-illegals want no restrictions of any kind, no limits. They want an immigration free-for-all at least for the people of their own "race" which of course is a very racist attitude they take. Some believe it's fine to impose some kind of limits on those of just some countries, but they believe that if someone is of the "Mexican race" there should be no standards, no limits, no regulation whatsover.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:20 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,293,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Derailing threads and ad hom attacks is much easier than coming up with justifications and explanations on exactly why one group of people should not be expected to abide by our immigration laws when this country has by far the highest levels of legal immigration of any other country in the world.

It's easier to attack others than to explain why the USA should be the only nation with no laws regarding immigration, and why there should be no limits of any kind placed on immigration. Why the USA should be a free-for-all, with completely uncontrolled population growth by billions of impoverished people moving in.

The pro-illegals want no restrictions of any kind, no limits. They want an immigration free-for-all at least for the people of their own "race" which of course is a very racist attitude they take. Some believe it's fine to impose some kind of limits on those of just some countries, but they believe that if someone is of the "Mexican race" there should be no standards, no limits, no regulation whatsover.
Find proof of your accusations, and share them.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Find proof of your accusations, and share them.
All your posts and the posts of the other pro-illegal immigration posters on here.

You want limitless illegal immigration from Mexico but I never see you try to justify unlimited illegal immigration from Haiti or other countries that aren't hispanic.

I suspect you are fine with having Africans, Haitians, Chinese, and Europeans required to abide by the laws of this country. It seems there is one group and one group only that you believe should be exempt from our laws.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:39 AM

More proof is that when anyone says that ALL people of ALL backgrounds ALL races and from ALL countries should obey the immigration laws of this country and that immigration laws should be fair and balanced and should not be completely biased in favor of just those from Mexico, you guys will say that person is a racist.

You want nothing less than one-way open borders with Mexico, completely unrestricted immigration from Mexico (however we would still be required to obey THEIR immigration laws) where 100% of that country can choose to pack up and come here. No need for them to ever try to reform their country, no limits, no waiting in line with those who from other nations.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,768,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
How am i derailing the thread when i made a factual statement concerning that article? Go do some research on John Tanton, the guy the author based his whole article on.

Quote:
Echoing his 19th-century nativist forebears who feared Catholic immigrants from Italy and Ireland, Tanton has often attacked Catholics in terms not so different from those used by the Klan and the Know-Nothing Party of the 1840s. In the WITAN memos, for instance, he worried that Latino immigrants would endanger the separation of church and state and undermine support for public schooling. Never one to miss a threatening and fertile Catholic, Tanton even reminded his colleagues, "Keep in mind that many of the Vietnamese coming in are also Catholic."
The leaked memos caused an uproar. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Walter Cronkite quit the board of a group Tanton headed, U.S. English, after the memos became public in 1988. U.S. English Executive Director Linda Chavez — a former Reagan Administration official and, later, a conservative commentator — also left, calling Tanton's views "anti-Hispanic, anti-Catholic and not excusable."

SPLCenter.org: The Teflon Nativists

I know the truth hurts but this is the guy who founded all these so called "anti-illegal groups".

Old 01-03-2009, 07:28 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,768,718 times
Quote:
All your posts and the posts of the other pro-illegal immigration posters on here.

You want limitless illegal immigration from Mexico but I never see you try to justify unlimited illegal immigration from Haiti or other countries that aren't hispanic.

I suspect you are fine with having Africans, Haitians, Chinese, and Europeans required to abide by the laws of this country. It seems there is one group and one group only that you believe should be exempt from our laws.
Once again, making accusation that are not grounded in reality. I support all decent hardworking immigrants, regardless of color or nationality. I keep laying out this challenge but no one is willing to accept it. Look through my post history and find out when i have made a post advocating for limitless illegal immigration from mexico and discriminating against non-hispanic immigrants.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Once again, making accusation that are not grounded in reality. I support all decent hardworking immigrants, regardless of color or nationality. I keep laying out this challenge but no one is willing to accept it. Look through my post history and find out when i have made a post advocating for limitless illegal immigration from mexico and discriminating against non-hispanic immigrants.
Okay, then maybe you're one of the few who believes that no one from any country should be expected to respect our laws, that the entire world should be able to just move on over, no limitations whatsoever. You might be one of those bleeding hearts who believe that the American taxpayers should be expected to provide a comfortable life for the entire 2 billion poor people of the world should they decide to pack up and come here.

Immigration must be orderly, fair, and legal. The whole world might like to move here, the whole world cannot.

The USA has by far more legal immigration than any other nation on this planet. We cannot take in the whole 2 billion poor of the world. Immigration needs to be about what's right for this nation, what benefits our citizens. We should not be the flop house of the world, that doesn't benefit our people.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:46 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,293,000 times
Quote:

Such as.......?

This post, and the post after it are just more accusations.
You can go to the alleged posts you are accusing of us, and there is a function where you can copy the entire post.
<---looks like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration