Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:31 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,788,646 times

Advertisements

No kidding. 2009 will be bad....
And now with a TRILLION DOLLAR "stimulus" package being foisted on the tax payer.....I wonder how many Illegal Immigrants will be lining up for all those (short term - temporary) jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM

68 posts, read 147,263 times
Quote:
No kidding. 2009 will be bad....
And now with a TRILLION DOLLAR "stimulus" package being foisted on the tax payer.....I wonder how many Illegal Immigrants will be lining up for all those (short term - temporary) jobs?
My thoughts exactly whenever I hear about this "infrastructure" bill.

People aren't talking about our strained social infrastructure. What about our public school and healthcare systems? Where's the investment there? My state of Maryland is so burdened by its "undocumented workforce" (and their fast-burgeoning progeny) that it's turned to freaking slot machines because the taxpayers are in open revolt. Montgomery County (Md.) is barely recognizable from what it was even 15-20 years ago.

This country has its head in the sand.

--a lapsed liberal

Last edited by AmericanAnomie; 01-07-2009 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: better English

Old 01-07-2009, 12:13 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,125,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAnomie View Post

People aren't talking about our strained social infrastructure. What about our public school and healthcare systems? Where's the investment there? My state of Maryland is so burdened by its "undocumented workforce" (and their fast-burgeoning progeny) that it's turned to freaking slot machines because the taxpayers are in open revolt. Montgomery County (Md.) is barely recognizable from what it was even 15-20 years ago.

--a lapsed liberal
You think it's bad now, wait until Obama starts his public works projects. Three quarters of the workers will probably be illegals while the citizens are still being laid off by the tens of thousands and losing saved benefits and retirement funds left and right.

Im 21 years old and there are parts of Long Island that in just a few years have become like a different planet almost. We have some very heavily Hispanic populated communities where every single sign on a particular street will be in Spanish and their will be El Salvadoran, Honduran, Dominician etc flags flying from the houses as if we were in San Salvador or Santo Domingo.

500,000 Americans lost their jobs in November and Congress responds by approving 550,000 additional visas for 2009, that's like rubbing salt in our wounds

Old 01-07-2009, 12:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,188,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
You think it's bad now, wait until Obama starts his public works projects. Three quarters of the workers will probably be illegals while the citizens are still being laid off by the tens of thousands and losing saved benefits and retirement funds left and right.

Im 21 years old and there are parts of Long Island that in just a few years have become like a different planet almost. We have some very heavily Hispanic populated communities where every single sign on a particular street will be in Spanish and their will be El Salvadoran, Honduran, Dominician etc flags flying from the houses as if we were in San Salvador or Santo Domingo.

500,000 Americans lost their jobs in November and Congress responds by approving 550,000 additional visas for 2009, that's like rubbing salt in our wounds
In all fairness: since Obama is already enraging the extreme left wingers----------he may actually turn out to be a decent President.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:28 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,125,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: since Obama is already enraging the extreme left wingers----------he may actually turn out to be a decent President.
Now that I read your post I must admit that based on what I have seen so far in regards to his Cabinet picks, he is not as bad as I expected ... now of course the real test is yet to come but so far Obama is actually looking pretty much so so in my view - something I never thought I would say in late October and the days immediately leading up to the election.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:43 PM

378 posts, read 627,556 times
There is no such "immigration nightmare." The U.S. Government doesn't have to let anyone onto their property they don't want, they can also kick anyone in their country out. It's not a nightmare... the U.S. Government knows exactly what it's doing by deliberately bringing in millions of illegal aliens. If they suddenly changed their mind, it's their own fault for putting them here in the first place.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:31 PM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
There is no such "immigration nightmare." The U.S. Government doesn't have to let anyone onto their property they don't want, they can also kick anyone in their country out. It's not a nightmare... the U.S. Government knows exactly what it's doing by deliberately bringing in millions of illegal aliens. If they suddenly changed their mind, it's their own fault for putting them here in the first place.
The US Govt isn't feeling the pain, the tax payers are. The fence would have been built 20 years ago if it wasn't for all the opposition by......you guessed it.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:33 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,141,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAnomie View Post

--a lapsed liberal
I gotta go with u on that. My brother lives in Columbia MD. He has been hit 4 times(in his car) by illegals. 3
had MD drivers licences, but, no insurance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration