Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:19 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,457 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I missed some of your wonderful quotes when I skimmed through it the first time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Anchor baby is a derogatory term for a child born in the United States to immigrants or other non-citizens, regardless of the immigration status of the parents.
????
Anchor baby is a term for a child born on US soil by NON US CITIZENS. If LEGAL IMMIGRANTS have a child on US soil, that child is NOT and anchor baby.

Quote:
Jus soli is common in developed countries that wish to increase their own citizenry, as well as in countries of the Western Hemisphere who sought to increase their populations through settlement.

We are overpopulated. We are running out of natural resources. We don't need to add to our population by the millions.

Quote:
You "Anchor baby" haters should go to school and get educated.
Nice flame. Read the TOS.

Quote:
The whole issue here is that the anchor babies of the last few decades are not European, they are Amerindian Mexicans. This whole issue is a racist issue.
Who said none of the anchor babies are European? Or that they're all Mexican? Think about that and figure out who's really racist.

Quote:
Any U.S. citizen born in U.S. whose parents were not U.S. nationals are anchor babies. If you are a third generation U.S. American that means that your grandparent was an anchor baby.
No, it absolutely does not. My grandparents came to America from Norway LEGALLY, which means when my father, aunt and uncles were born, they were born to US CITIZENS, and they were NOT anchor babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 01:29 PM

9 posts, read 28,354 times
I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR ILLEGAL BABIES (ANCHOR BABIES) PERIOD !! I am so sick of this whole situation it makes me wanna puke! 3-5 years ago we never had this problem and now we have to wonder how our Children & Grandchildren are going to survive as LEGAL CITIZENS with Our Given Right as Americans at stake. Some americans can hardly make ends meet now with this resession because of the mexican trash coming across the border to have thier babies. Hell they cant even get married Legally here or get drivers liscense and Insurance in the USA so they are all mostly Unwed Mothers getting Medicaid/WIC & Foodstamps while living with the Father / Fathers of the babies and driving nice cars in those Anchor babies Names & Social Security Numbers AND our kids / grandkids Names & Social Security numbers being used. Have you had your credit ruined by an Illegal Alien YET?? I have Twice and my husband 3 times something has to give and soon !

Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
The way the 14th amendment is being used today is ABUSE, plain and simple. Even those who still need to "go to school and get educated" can see that. But hey, sit there and cry "racist", it apparently hasn't been worn out yet.
Abuse ..why? the primary purpose of using such method (Jus Soli> birthright citizenship) is that the government wanted to increase our population through settlement.

We would change our laws if the majority of our citizens were against birthright citizenship. That`s not the case because we have always wanted to increase our population (labor force) to remain competitive in the global market. We succeded..we are the only world empire. The only country that is both an economic and military superpower.

Again, this whole issue is a racist issue. We would be totally happy if anchor babies looked like Nicole Kidman.

I am not a Mexican related. I have Spaniard/Western European ancestry (grandparents). I think that the average Amerindian is not very good looking. But still, they are the new immigrantion wave. Europeans don`t like the U.S. as a destination to relocate anymore. George Bush did a hell of a job scaring everybody from here. Now, we basically have a terrible economy thanks to the previous war on "terror" (oil greedy politicians) and we also have more war enemies. Europeans want peace, that`s why they love Obama, and that`s why the British kicked Tony Blair`s behind in 2007. Europeans won`t relocate here anymore in the following few years.

Last edited by Eduardo983; 06-25-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Abuse ..why? the primary purpose of using such method (Jus Soli> birthright citizenship) is that the government wanted to increase our population through settlement.
You honestly think that people coming across the border at nine months pregnant, giving birth FOR FREE, and then getting welfare and other social services on that child is not ABUSE? REALLY?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM

Anchor baby is a derogatory term for a child born in the United States to immigrants or other non-citizens, regardless of the immigration status of the parents.

The offprings of non-U.S. citizens (illegal aliens, green card holders, and any type of tourist visa or work visa holders) are anchor babies.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
You honestly think that people coming across the border at nine months pregnant, giving birth FOR FREE, and then getting welfare and other social services on that child is not ABUSE? REALLY?
We should keep their children and deport the illegal parents back to their homelands. Those children are U.S. citizens. If we separate their children from them, they will stop coming across the border at nine months pregnant.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
The offprings of non-U.S. citizens (illegal aliens, green card holders, and any type of tourist visa or work visa holders) are anchor babies.
Yes, they are. I thnik what most people are concerned about is the people on above list who's sole purpose for giving birth here is to make their child a citiizen.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
We should keep their children and deport the illegal parents back to their homelands. Those children are U.S. citizens. If we separate their children from them, they will stop coming across the border at nine months pregnant.
If we changed the 14th amendment they will stop coming across the border to give birth. The amendment should be that at least one parent has to be a citizen for the child to become a citizen. I don't see how that's unreasonable.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:15 PM

I agree, at least one parent should be a U.S. citizen.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:44 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,252 times
Quote:

We would change our laws if the majority of our citizens were against birthright citizenship. That`s not the case because we have always wanted to increase our population (labor force) to remain competitive in the global market. We succeded..we are the only world empire. The only country that is both an economic and military superpower.

Again, this whole issue is a racist issue. We would be totally happy if anchor babies looked like Nicole Kidman.

I am not a Mexican related. I have Spaniard/Western European ancestry (grandparents). I think that the average Amerindian is not very good looking. But still, they are the new immigrantion wave. Europeans don`t like the U.S. as a destination to relocate anymore. George Bush did a hell of a job scaring everybody from here. Now, we basically have a terrible economy thanks to the previous war on "terror" (oil greedy politicians) and we also have more war enemies. Europeans want peace, that`s why they love Obama, and that`s why the British kicked Tony Blair`s behind in 2007. Europeans won`t relocate here anymore in the following few years.
I wish more would look like Nicole Kidman also. She is a looker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration