Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,688,656 times

Advertisements

"I am not buying her "story" either, those on her side of her argument have been known to make up a lot of things. Just check out the immigration section on snopes.

Btw, would you be so kind to tell us what particular neighborhood this is?"

I don't know the name of her neighborhood but I will tell you the ones I'm familiar with and those would be Five Points and Park Hill in Denver and a few houses in Old Town Hutto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Good grief! What rock did you crawl out from under? You need to do some homework on this...underage prostitution among illegals is RAMPANT.

With regard to my post being an "essay"...I'll take that as a compliment.

I mean, please...just because I'm capable of composing a coherent post, with coherent thoughts, don't assume that it's some essay copied and pasted from somebody else's writings.

My posts are 100% my own words, and are a result of my own experiences.
"

I think blackknight needs to try living in Laredo. Let him see some of this stuff first hand.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:03 PM

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
For what I see, this seems to be a problem related to your own socio-economic status, rather than a racial situation, everywhere in the United States will you see run-down neighborhoods like the ones you mention, they can be predominantly Hillbillie, or african-american, asian, black, etc.
the common denominator there is poor socio-economic status. Hispanics in fact are the only one of the major population groups in the United States
with decreasing povery levels, and decreasing crime rates.
The "so called" "white anglos" in contrast are the ones that fill our sidewalks and train-stations homeless, and hopeless, truly worse than thirld world picture. If the "so callled" "white anglos" are so great why don't they help their own families, it is a disgrace, they shoul learn family values from hispanics, italians, etc.
"

The Black people in Park Hill and five points keep up their houses and yards pretty well. You'd never know whether they were having financial problems or not. If you live in a border state, especially near the border you wouldn't agree about decreasing crime rates. Police are being threatened and killed on a daily basis and beheadings are increasing. People are beginning to get caught in the crossfire. Even innocent Mexicans escaping from Mexico to come North to get away from it. Homeless people come in all colors. When someone has an untreated mental illness, try as you may, sometimes you just can't stop them from running off. Remember, there really aren't any mental health hospitals or homes that will keep them locked away. Many of them hit the streets. Hispanics and Italians don't hold gold medals over anyone else as far as family values. I know tons of white families that have elderly relatives living with them and won't turn them over to nursing homes or the streets. They have their grown kids living with them and siblings.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:47 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I'm not accusing you of lying but do you any proof of what you claim? You must have pictures of the animals or the trash everywhere. The police had to be called a few times. Do you have copies of the police reports?
You are the exact reason this country is going down the tubes fast. Why would you ask for proof?

I'm willing to be you are one of the people who say " they do jobs Americans don't want to do". Tell that to the IT guy who just delivered my pizza. Meanwhile the illegals are down the street all over the contruction site painting, laying bricks, etc. Yep, no unemployed American would want those jobs!

Well,my wish to you is that your neighborhood becomes "diversified" just like FormerCaliforniaGirl's did.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
You are the exact reason this country is going down the tubes fast. Why would you ask for proof?

I'm willing to be you are one of the people who say " they do jobs Americans don't want to do". Tell that to the IT guy who just delivered my pizza. Meanwhile the illegals are down the street all over the contruction site painting, laying bricks, etc. Yep, no unemployed American would want those jobs!

Well,my wish to you is that your neighborhood becomes "diversified" just like FormerCaliforniaGirl's did.
Easy there: Bostonian123 is actually quite anti illegal immigration; he may have been trying to be an 'honest broker', as it were.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:49 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,320,744 times
I have a similar story to share, about how my town, Westbury, has been "invaded". I used to live by the train station, and when I first moved in everything was fine. But then slumlords started buying up buildings, including mine, and illegals started moving in. Loud music, fights, drunkedness, gang activity came to the neighborhood, all within a few years. After a stabbing in the apartment next door (6 guys in a single bedroom apt) where the police found machetes I knew it was time to leave.
I moved to a better part of town, which I now worry, will be changing too. This is what has happened to many neighborhoods on LI. It spreads, almost like a disease. People sell their homes as the neighborhood's quality of life declines, slumlords buy them up and throw 20-30 men in there.
The current Village government is a complete and utter joke. They have a zoning and building department to condemn these overcrowded flophouses, yet they do nothing saying "it's a police issue".
And they loiter all over town. But many towns have it far worse than ours, like Freeport, Hempstead, Farmingville, Brentwood and Riverhead, which have 100s of day laborers loitering on the streets all day.
Hicksville has been getting bad too, used to be nice, until the factories started hiring them and ppl started leaving, now everything along W.John street is full of them.
It really isn't about the color of their skin, it's about their behavior. First they break the law and sneak into the country. Then they invade our neighborhoods and bring the same 3rd world conditions they fled. They behave like complete animals, getting drunk, littering, and treating the streets like toilets. They tag gang signs, MS-13, 18th street and Surenos are pretty common tags to see, at least here in Westbury.
The anchor baby problem is bad too, the school district is being bombarded, and often it is the churches that HELP them by providing free programs and help to illegals. And its so bad most citizen parents with kids have to send their kids to private school. Another thing that will drive down home values. There really aren't many Long Island communities that dont have illegals.
Most of the middle class have left Long Island, to be replaced by the rich folks in McMansions and the illegals they hire. One thing's for sure, this aint the same place I felt safe in growing up. I have to watch my back pretty much wherever I am and lock the deadbolt and windows.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,108 times
Have you ever thought about getting involved in politics and changing things instead of just running away from the problem? I am from Chicago and we have a huge illegal alien population. Large cities and even college towns usually have a good number of illegals, but as Americans we have to get involved at a grass roots level to reverse these trends. The Mexican, Central and South American governments don't seem to be able(or willing)to stop their citizens from going Stateside. There are lots of things we need to fix, but we as Americans have to work together to achieve the result we want.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM

563 posts, read 1,448,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpags85 View Post
Have you ever thought about getting involved in politics and changing things instead of just running away from the problem? I am from Chicago and we have a huge illegal alien population. Large cities and even college towns usually have a good number of illegals, but as Americans we have to get involved at a grass roots level to reverse these trends. The Mexican, Central and South American governments don't seem to be able(or willing)to stop their citizens from going Stateside. There are lots of things we need to fix, but we as Americans have to work together to achieve the result we want.
It would help when our elected representatives recognize and admit publicly that there is a problem. Polititians and the mainstream media. They choose to ignore the very problems you speak of.
Mexico encourages their poor and criminals to move north. Mexico dictates our policies at the border.
Keep reading...keep learning. Thank goodness you see the problem.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:50 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
It would help when our elected representatives recognize and admit publicly that there is a problem. Polititians and the mainstream media. They choose to ignore the very problems you speak of.
Mexico encourages their poor and criminals to move north. Mexico dictates our policies at the border.
Keep reading...keep learning. Thank goodness you see the problem.
We're headed for a "Sudetenland" situation here in the southwest.:-(

Old 04-02-2009, 10:27 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,942 times

I mean I guess it all depends on the community. Here is a shot from online for my parent's area. It's roughly 30-40% White non-Hispanic (about 20% Black, 40-50% Hisapnic). It's clean, nice, VERY SUBURBAN. This is Sunnymead Ranch with a private lake and clubhouse located next to three or four other master planned communities. All of these communities are nearly majority Hispanic. All are safe, painfully quiet, and California sterile.

A friend of mine had grand parents who immigrated here illegally. He went to college. He parents worked hard to provide for him. So it's possible as long as we put an emphasis on education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration