Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:32 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
Nope...the only coyotes in this neighborhood are the ones I hunt every morning. Just a hunting license, a .22 with a scope, no tag required and no limit.
As far as tweekers go, there are more in YOUR neck of the woods, my dear.
Mexicans LOVE color! It's part of their rich culture. In some older neighborhoods, the homes are a festive compilation of lovely yellows, bright, electric blues, shocking reds, oranges and lime greens. Stunning!
The brightly colored homes don't bother me at all. I'd rather a house be painted some bizarre festive color than to be left to deteriorate like this.

Doing the best with what you got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 07:35 PM

563 posts, read 1,449,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That sticker would not go over very well in Mexico---------especially in the Polanco section of Mexico City
That's so true! You should hear all the radio ads these days on the top 40 stations advertising vacations in beautiful Mexico! Their tourist industry is booming!

I have some friends that lease (US citizens are not allowed to own land in Mexico) lots on the Baja Peninsula and have built lovely homes there, right on the beach! No building codes, permits and the lot taxes are less than $700/year. However, the Federales can confiscate the homes at any time.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
The brightly colored homes don't bother me at all. I'd rather a house be painted some bizarre festive color than to be left to deteriorate like this.

Doing the best with what you got.
The pic does make the buildings look as though they are a natural brick red...not a shocking in-your-face painted red. Nice PhotoShop Hue Intensity job, though...
Yes, deteriorating buildings are a health hazzard and very dangerous for the tweekers who may be cooking crystal in there...isn't that in LA?

Last edited by DezertGirl; 01-23-2009 at 07:55 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 08:27 PM

62 posts, read 140,182 times
Default You are no liar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
'

Okay...I must admit I'm growing a bit weary of being called a liar.

My story is true. My experiences were real. It was as bad as I described. And I am 100% certain that the majority of my nightmare Hispanic neighbors were living in this country illegally. Take that as you will.

It's funny...I just read an article the other day on the CNN website that was about an illegal immigrant from Guadalajara (living in California) who went to the police to report that the man he sold his 14-year-old daughter to, never paid up. He sold her to a 20-year-old man for $16,000, numerous cases of beer and cigarettes, and food. In the article the police officer said that the man genuinely had no idea he'd done anything wrong....that this sort of thing is commonplace where the man is from.

If you don't believe me. Google it. Just use search words "Man sells daughter for $16,000 and beer in California" It will pop up.
Just because the naysayers have not shared your experiences is no reason to not believe you. Many in my valley have expressed dismay at the very same thing happening in their neighborhoods. The middle class hispanics, who are legal citizens, express the same exasperation.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
I still maintain that California will need to be kicked in its (financial) 'jewels' before it wakes up and starts taking decisive action.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I still maintain that California will need to be kicked in its (financial) 'jewels' before it wakes up and starts taking decisive action.
Yes. A kick in the financial jewels. Well, if any time is that kick, it's now. And still they don't see. Instead of addressing this problem (among many others), the Glorious State Legislature has decided to tax the legal citizens some more - doubling already enormous DMV fees (how's $450/year for an '05 Dodge 2500 sound? Now double that), increasing the sales tax (we are one of the highest sales taxed states out there) and adding more gas taxes and increasing many more "fees".
If you are poor, you're screwed.
If you're middle class, you're really screwed.
If you're rich, you're somewhat screwed.
If you're illegal, you're going to benefit, because they will never turn off the welfare faucet. There will just be a little less day work available as Californians tighten their belts and leave the state.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Yes. A kick in the financial jewels. Well, if any time is that kick, it's now. And still they don't see. Instead of addressing this problem (among many others), the Glorious State Legislature has decided to tax the legal citizens some more - doubling already enormous DMV fees (how's $450/year for an '05 Dodge 2500 sound? Now double that), increasing the sales tax (we are one of the highest sales taxed states out there) and adding more gas taxes and increasing many more "fees".
If you are poor, you're screwed.
If you're middle class, you're really screwed.
If you're rich, you're somewhat screwed.
If you're illegal, you're going to benefit, because they will never turn off the welfare faucet. There will just be a little less day work available as Californians tighten their belts and leave the state.
Points all very well taken.

And I repeat: when not if; California's problems hit the fan-----------the repercussions of which will be severe and I would not wish to be any species of illegal alien in that state.

Precedent for sudden implosions have already been set in the finance industry, housing market, car/truck sales, etc. I see no reason why the same will not happen vis a vis the welcome mat for illegal aliens.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:05 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
(US citizens are not allowed to own land in Mexico) .
Another lesson to be learned from Mexico, 5 million homes that went into BK were bought by Illegal Aliens that should never have been able to obtain a loan for them.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 PM

67 posts, read 99,461 times
You forgot to mention how they like to cram about 5 families in each house.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
"WOW OUR VERY OWN CARMEN SAN DIEGO!!!!
seems you did some serious intel. but how exactly did you ascertain all your neighbors citizenship status? did you ask them?
how are you sure they were illegal? or did you just assume?

you seem to inject quite a few "latinas" and "hispanics" in there. do you use those terms interchangeably with illegals?

i will say this much, i live amongst many many latinos, some might even be here illegally. i have NEVER experienced what this woman speaks about!

this is such a cartoon! such an exageration.
some neighbors might have cooing pidgeons or other birds, but to let them roam freely?

i am gald the that neighbors i have are all respectful of our street. they are many latinos, and they are the kind i wish this country had more of."

I wish it was an exaggeration, but unfortunately it's not. I know plenty of legal americans of Mexican descent and some recent legal immigrants from South America. They assimilate if they just got here, or didn't grow up throwing garbage all over their yards and letting animals run loose. Yes, some people keep cooing birds, but illegals? Most of the illegals that live in my town have chickens running loose. And there are too many families crammed into one house. A lady down the street from me lives next door to one. They have all the windows boarded up, let the grass die and have junk everywhere. She said the little kids are always out unsupervised (and they are VERY young, like 2 and 3 yrs old). People who followed the laws to get here know that things like that are unacceptable here. I lived in Park Hill in Denver as well and it was just as bad there in the heavily hispanic areas.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration