Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is absolute BS! If they want to sue someone, perhaps they should sue their parents. Their parents chose to live in this country illegally, and they chose to subject their children to their illegal lifestyle and eventual deportation. There are millions of US-born children of legal parents who are incarcerated. Why? Because they broke the law.

I hope this lawsuit exposes, and leads to the swift deportation of all of the parents of these ingrates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I have nothing to add except: Bravo!
Yup.

I have nothing more to add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 09:57 PM

200 posts, read 349,794 times
In my opinion, After they deport the parents the Anchor Babies can go to Orphanges to be raised like true Americans. Raising one child is better than raising the whole illegal alien family and their relatives. I have always thought it is unhealthy for the illegal aliens children to be raised in a household of 15 - 20 men. While their illegal parents are away at work who knows what goes on? Why do they have so many teen pregnancies? I would call that child neglect and child endangerment.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:53 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is absolute BS! If they want to sue someone, perhaps they should sue their parents. Their parents chose to live in this country illegally, and they chose to subject their children to their illegal lifestyle and eventual deportation. There are millions of US-born children of legal parents who are incarcerated. Why? Because they broke the law.

I hope this lawsuit exposes, and leads to the swift deportation of all of the parents of these ingrates.
Isn't it a little different when a hard working person goes to jail leaving behind his kids rather than a person who stole or murdered a person? Yes, they both broke the law, but our immigration system is horrible. It really should not break up the family unit like this.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:14 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So they want there to be exceptions....mainly for themselves. Talk about entitlement! My parents are criminals but they deserve citizenship? And they will sue the POTUS to get their way?

If ever there was a reason to stop birth right citizenship when the parents are not citizens (and most especially when they are here illegally) this would be it.

*******s.
*******s?

Sorry, just trying to find out what banned words fit in there. Hate to pry, but what exactly did you call them?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:24 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Isn't it a little different when a hard working person goes to jail leaving behind his kids rather than a person who stole or murdered a person? Yes, they both broke the law, but our immigration system is horrible. It really should not break up the family unit like this.
Boo hoo:

If the family is that concerned about being broken up: maybe the children should leave with the parents to the latter's home country. I see no problem with that.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
*******s?

Sorry, just trying to find out what banned words fit in there. Hate to pry, but what exactly did you call them?
I called them azzholes. They lucked out in getting a birthright citizenship that I don't think would have been awarded them anywhere else in the world - including their parents home countries. Then to demand that their parents also be awarded citizenship based on squatters rights....well, that strikes me as the behavior and thought process of arrogant azzholes.

Still, I shouldn't have called them a name, that is low and I do apologize for allowing my temper to get the best of me.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
This brings up a 'tru-ism' that's always applied, and probably always will...and it has VERY little to do with immigration, with Hispanics, or with ANYTHING except 'life'....and that is, WHEN PARENTS GET INTO TROUBLE, THE CHILDREN ALWAYS SUFFER...period.

I've heard this over and over and over again, from all SORTS of angles, and it's always the same..."I was doin' OK, until the (cops; school officials; judge; caseworker; you name it) came into the picture and 'broke up my home'. I had to evict a renter one time..why? Because he hadn't paid me (nor returned my phone calls) in almost 5 months..and BINGO !..you guessed it...I was informed that I was "breaking up his home".

Sorry, but when YOU (as an adult) put yourself in legal jeopardy, YOU 'break up your home', and YOU put your kids in the middle of a mess....no one else can cause these difficulties, unless you let them...by your actions, or your failure to 'act'.

Now, having gotten THAT off my chest, let's go back to scolding the illegals...OK? Who's next?.....

Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This brings up a 'tru-ism' that's always applied, and probably always will...and it has VERY little to do with immigration, with Hispanics, or with ANYTHING except 'life'....and that is, WHEN PARENTS GET INTO TROUBLE, THE CHILDREN ALWAYS SUFFER...period.
I've heard this over and over and over again, from all SORTS of angles..."I was doin' OK, until the (cops; school officials; judge; caseworker; you name it) came into the picture and 'broke up my home'.

Sorry, but when YOU (as an adult) put yourself in legal jeopardy, YOU 'break up your home', and YOU put your kids in the middle of a mess....no one else can cause these difficulties, unless you let them...by your actions, or your failure to 'act'.

Now, having gotten THAT off my chest, let's go back to scolding the illegals...OK? Who's next?.....

Absolutely. Too many times when a criminal gets arrested, they immediately beg for leniancy because of 'elderly parents, dependent children ect..'. Odd how their children didn't seem to matter so much when they committed their crime, eh?
And that is what this mess boils down to. The parents knowingly and deliberately entered a sovereign nation illegally with the intent to work and live illegally. The fact that they managed to have children while here illegally does not negate their crime. A crime by the way, that is recognized as such by all countries in all the world. Lets do away with the myth that only the big, mean, racist, nativist US has immigration laws. Immigration laws serves a purpose and should not be put away because nominal citizens want their parents to be rewarded with citizenship soley based on their ability to procreate while living illegally in another country.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 AM

200 posts, read 349,794 times
The illegal alien parents knew the concequenses when they illegally entered to the United States. They knew if they were caught they would be deported. The illegal aliens are popping out babies just so they can Anchor themselves to the United States. They don't have their children out of love they have their childrens so, they can save their own skin! The Anchor Babies are just a meal ticket to their illegal alien parents.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:23 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I called them azzholes. They lucked out in getting a birthright citizenship that I don't think would have been awarded them anywhere else in the world - including their parents home countries. Then to demand that their parents also be awarded citizenship based on squatters rights....well, that strikes me as the behavior and thought process of arrogant azzholes.

Still, I shouldn't have called them a name, that is low and I do apologize for allowing my temper to get the best of me.
Ohhhhhh....something else fit there and I was mistaken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration