Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:34 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times

Advertisements

How many boats weren't intercepted? They know our economy is tanking, but continue to come for the coveted tax-funded freebies.

Quote:
SAN DIEGO (CNS) -- Twenty-three undocumented immigrants were discovered Monday morning aboard a fishing vessel about four miles off the coast of Torrey Pines, authorities said.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents intercepted the vessel around 3 a.m., according to Lauren Mack, a spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Monday's discovery was the third of its kind since Saturday morning. Around 9 a.m. Saturday, the U.S. Coast Guard stopped a northbound 17- foot boat crossing into U.S. waters and found two illegal immigrants and two resident aliens aboard.
23 undocumented immigrants discovered on fishing vessel off coast of Torrey Pines near San Diego - 2/02/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=6636970&rss=rss-kabc-article-6636970 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How many boats weren't intercepted? They know our economy is tanking, but continue to come for the coveted tax-funded freebies.

23 undocumented immigrants discovered on fishing vessel off coast of Torrey Pines near San Diego - 2/02/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=6636970&rss=rss-kabc-article-6636970 - broken link)
The illegals do not care: most of them have the de facto emotional maturity of 6 YO's.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:12 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,218 times
BAAAAD navigation on the part of whatever 'saltwater coyote' was running this operation. TORREY PINES ???.....I'm afraid outsiders simply AREN'T encouraged in Torrey Pines. SOME of the families there have been having "immigrant" problems for generations..the Irish..the Italians...the (gasp) Czechs. NONE of these people are REALLY encouraged to "land" in Torrey Pines.

Do these illegals know lawn bowling? How about tennis? Croquet? NO? Then what EVER were they thinking, landing in Torrey Pines? In Torrey Pines, we simply DO NOT...under ANY circumstances...countenance 'lawbreakers'. And we ALWAYS dress for dinner.....ties encouraged. And we CERTAINLY never 'drop in' on each other at THREE A.M. !!!!

Next time, I'd advise these illegals to set course for Oceanside...or Dana Point...or Long Beach...or ANYWHERE but Torrey Pines !! My GAWWWD....the very IDEA !!!

I'd have a SERIOUS discussion with my 'coyote', if I was in the 'same boat' as they are...He must not know the coast very well.

Get a map (errr..'chart')....

Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM

50,490 posts, read 47,262,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
BAAAAD navigation on the part of whatever 'saltwater coyote' was running this operation. TORREY PINES ???.....I'm afraid outsiders simply AREN'T encouraged in Torrey Pines. SOME of the families there have been having "immigrant" problems for generations..the Irish..the Italians...the (gasp) Czechs. NONE of these people are REALLY encouraged to "land" in Torrey Pines.

Do these illegals know lawn bowling? How about tennis? NO? Then what EVER were they thinking, landing in Torrey Pines? In Torrey Pines, we simply DO NOT...under ANY circumstances...countenance 'lawbreakers'. And we ALWAYS dress for dinner.....ties encouraged.

Next time, I'd advise these illegals to set course for Oceanside...or Dana Point...or Long Beach...or ANYWHERE but Torrey Pines !! My GAWWWD....the very IDEA !!!

I'd have a SERIOUS discussion with my 'coyote', if I was in the 'same boat' as they are...He must not know the coast very well.

Actually, under the cover of darkness and as the crow flies this is the perfect setup. the areas they are heading to are in part directly in from that area and a little bit North. They could make it on foot to there overnight if not the next night. They need to post up more DHD on the night shift for the water border areas. Heck EVERY boat should be identified this time of year. I bet theres only 40 vessels a night cross North at night.

It does prove that a land crossing is getting extremely hard.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:

Do these illegals know lawn bowling? How about tennis? Croquet? NO? Then what EVER were they thinking, landing in Torrey Pines? In Torrey Pines, we simply DO NOT...under ANY circumstances...countenance 'lawbreakers'. And we ALWAYS dress for dinner.....ties encouraged. And we CERTAINLY never 'drop in' on each other at THREE A.M. !!!!

What, no racquetball? Geez!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What, no racquetball? Geez!
Almost PRIMITIVE, I'm sure you'd agree. No racquetball, indeed !! INTOLERABLE !! And I fully intend to pursue this matter !....

Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 PM

If you take a ballon ride there ( I recommend the champagne cruise) you'll see thousands of squatters living in the canyons. Now that track homes are being built all around these vinyards and fields this is where the crime is coming from.

The first time the shuffleboard lanes get tagged, it's on.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If you take a ballon ride there ( I recommend the champagne cruise) you'll see thousands of squatters living in the canyons. Now that track homes are being built all around these vinyards and fields this is where the crime is coming from.
During my time in the Public Water field, I occasionally came across camps in Encinitas, Oceanside, and the area, in which few people spoke Spanish. Lots of these folks (some living in shipping containers...some under tents of Nursery shadecloth) spoke Nahuatl, or other idioms from Oaxaca, Chiapas, etc. I'd have to get THEM to find a Spanish-speaking 'intermediary' so that I could talk to HIM...and he could then talk to THEM....

Old 02-02-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
During my time in the Public Water field, I occasionally came across camps in Encinitas, Oceanside, and the area, in which few people spoke Spanish. Lots of these folks (some living in shipping containers...some under tents of Nursery shadecloth) spoke Nahuatl, or other idioms from Oaxaca, Chiapas, etc. I'd have to get THEM to find a Spanish-speaking 'intermediary' so that I could talk to HIM...and he could then talk to THEM....
So, you are well versed in the history of the area. Somewhere in that time span it went from people coming here to work, then go home, to people coming here for the freebies. That was also about the time of the start of the vegetable scares due the lack of sanitation.

We went from "hot house" tomatoes to "out house" tomatoes.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, you are well versed in the history of the area. Somewhere in that time span it went from people coming here to work, then go home, to people coming here for the freebies. That was also about the time of the start of the vegetable scares due the lack of sanitation.

We went from "hot house" tomatoes to "out house" tomatoes.
I'm fully convinced (and always have been) that 97% of ALL tainted vegetables, AND fruits, domestic OR imported, are the result of contaminated irrigation water.

We've got a pretty good 'system' here in California...yet STILL, things happen...runoff from a hog ranch gets into a canal....geese 'camp' in a holding pond... certain individual pickers are 'less than tidy'....etc etc etc.

IMPORTED veggies? MUCH more risk. FAR less 'control' on our part.

WASH your fruits and vegetables, folks....ALL of them..even melons !! EVERY TIME. It's only common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration