Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:52 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sadly, only the anti-illegal law-abiding citizens of this country. They stand in line to kowtow to the others. It’s sickening.
indeed it is.
We have X amount of dollars and we have millions of legal citizens in need. And yet they want to pass amnesty for 10 million criminals or more who at the very least have no respect, no loyalty for our country and very few moral values. Well that pretty much describes your average politician. Birds of a feather stick together I have been told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,771,805 times
The last time i checked the only human rights i've heard of are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Immigration is not a divine or human right it is a privilege and privileges can be withheld.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,018,166 times
I think we need to start a movement called SITS -- Send Illegals To Spain. (Only the ones from Latin America, of course, but that comprises the vast majority, anyway.)

Think about it -- Spain once controlled these countries; Spain set up their classist, two-tier system that still exists, taught them Spanish, etc. So, I think that Spain needs to take responsibility for them, just as England has a special relationship with her former empire countries. They'd be much happier in Spain, too, as they wouldn't have to learn a new language.

We need to tell the Spanish government that they need to step up and make it much easier for the Latin American poor to emigrate to their mother country. We can even help provide transportation.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:33 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
WOW

So when the parent leaves the child at home with relatives to come to the US that isn't breaking up the family? MORONS

Old 03-29-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
WOW

So when the parent leaves the child at home with relatives to come to the US that isn't breaking up the family? MORONS
EXCELLENT point! And they'll even entrust their children to coyotes to bring them here! When I lived on the Border, there were always stories about little children being caught crossing illegally and they'd have to find the parents. Of course, the media covered it in sob story fashion, about a joyful reunion between parents and kids, NEVER questioning why in the heck the parents left them in the first place and then paid a coyote to smuggle them across!

Old 03-29-2009, 02:24 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
EXCELLENT point! And they'll even entrust their children to coyotes to bring them here! When I lived on the Border, there were always stories about little children being caught crossing illegally and they'd have to find the parents. Of course, the media covered it in sob story fashion, about a joyful reunion between parents and kids, NEVER questioning why in the heck the parents left them in the first place and then paid a coyote to smuggle them across!
Even 20 years ago the warning signs were up at freeways that were more infamous than the "Shamwow" guy with the family running across dragging the kid. In most cases it is just the man running across after leaving the wife and/or kids. How is that not "breaking up the family" by abandoning your family. There are countless stories about how the man, who came to the US, met some other female and ended up with her. Is that our fault too?

Old 03-29-2009, 03:08 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,139,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Even 20 years ago the warning signs were up at freeways that were more infamous than the "Shamwow" guy with the family running across dragging the kid. In most cases it is just the man running across after leaving the wife and/or kids. How is that not "breaking up the family" by abandoning your family. There are countless stories about how the man, who came to the US, met some other female and ended up with her. Is that our fault too?

Let me try this again. It pretty pathetic isn't it. (the illegal's that leave thier famlies) I think the way it works is, Other woman + countless spawn = welfare money ,public housing, ect. ect. Almost makes me sick. I can't rep. you on that post 1AngryTaxPayer, but, I wish I could.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
I think we need to start a movement called SITS -- Send Illegals To Spain. (Only the ones from Latin America, of course, but that comprises the vast majority, anyway.)

Think about it -- Spain once controlled these countries; Spain set up their classist, two-tier system that still exists, taught them Spanish, etc. So, I think that Spain needs to take responsibility for them, just as England has a special relationship with her former empire countries. They'd be much happier in Spain, too, as they wouldn't have to learn a new language.

We need to tell the Spanish government that they need to step up and make it much easier for the Latin American poor to emigrate to their mother country. We can even help provide transportation.
Something tells me that would go over like a lead balloon in Spain.

Ironically; even White Argentines are not all that welcome to live in Spain anymore let alone Mestizos from Mexico, etc. Read that Spain is not exactly New World Hispanic friendly.

The immigrants that Spain prefers are Italians and Romanians for some reason

Old 03-29-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Something tells me that would go over like a lead balloon in Spain.

Ironically; even White Argentines are not all that welcome to live in Spain anymore let alone Mestizos from Mexico, etc. Read that Spain is not exactly New World Hispanic friendly.

The immigrants that Spain prefers are Italians and Romanians for some reason
LOL, I know. Spain is very elitist and that's why the "ruling class" in Mexico established itself as it did, with no regard for the poor. This, of course, makes it even more relevant to Spain and they should take responsibility for what they created.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
LOL, I know. Spain is very elitist and that's why the "ruling class" in Mexico established itself as it did, with no regard for the poor. This, of course, makes it even more relevant to Spain and they should take responsibility for what they created.
That I will respectfully disagree with.

The Spaniards today had nothing to do with Mexico's misfortunes when Mexico fought/won its war of independence back in 1821 to use just one example.

Just like I resent some Blacks blaming me simply because I am a White American for what happened during Jim Crow. I had no control over that situation one way or another---------plus I was still a minor when the last of those idiotic ordinances went away ca. 1967.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration