Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,333,738 times

Advertisements

That is wonderful news. Illegal aliens deserve nothing but a one-way ticket home!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,911,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You need to grow up.
I need to grow up because I feel that nobody should pay the outrageous amounts of tuition needed to obtain a post secondary education?

Illegal or legal, more people obtaining post secondary education helps the overall nation. I think that out of state tuition is too high in most schools (it only a few thousand less at a UC than it does at USC for out of staters...and a small percentage of money is public funds for many of the nation's public universities. The majority of UC's money is private, I don't know about Colorado, but this is the trend with most major pulbic institutions).

I'm just saying, once again, the entire system sucks. Eliminating out of state tuition would benefit legals and illegals alike.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:34 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I need to grow up because I feel that nobody should pay the outrageous amounts of tuition needed to obtain a post secondary education?
Go start a discussion on the Education Form. We have already had one thread closed by a moderator today for veering way off topic.

Quote:
Illegal or legal, more people obtaining post secondary education helps the overall nation. I think that out of state tuition is too high in most schools (it only a few thousand less at a UC than it does at USC for out of staters...and a small percentage of money is public funds for many of the nation's public universities. The majority of UC's money is private, I don't know about Colorado, but this is the trend with most major pulbic institutions).
Are you aware of the significant drop the stock market has experienced in the last number of months? Whatever it is, UC's endowment has probably taken a hit, just like the endowments of other universities. If they were rolling in cash before, they most likely aren't now.

Quote:
Illegal or legal, more people obtaining post secondary education helps the overall nation.
Now this is the most amazing thing........how is an illegal alien completing the course of study to become a teacher, an accountant, a geophysicist or a lawyer going to help the US? Has it ever occurred to you that once they graduate, they are still in the US illegally and they are not going to be able to get a job. No one is going to hire a teacher without a SS# and I strongly suspect no future lawyer is going to be permitted to take the Bar Exam without one.

It is not difficult for me to guess what your solution to the problem is going to be. (drumroll) Grant them amnesty, a path to citizenship or whatever you want to call it. This is called backdoor amnesty. Once the illegal alien is granted amnesty, they can then begin sponsoring numerous relatives, who typically have no education or job skills at all, and bringing them over to the US. How does gaining one teacher benefit the US if we also gain 5 people with 7th grade educations?

Quote:
I'm just saying, once again, the entire system sucks. Eliminating out of state tuition would benefit legals and illegals alike.
Illegals can do one of two things:

1. return to their home country and apply for admission to a US college just like all our other international students do

2. get an education in their home country then apply to come to the US legally.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:46 PM

595 posts, read 2,744,229 times
It's pretty scary how close of a call that was, though.

Good for Colorado for doing something, atleast.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:29 PM

27 posts, read 26,614 times
It's remarkable this is even being brought to a vote. Show's you how out of whack the left is. They're up in arms over the loss as well. Go to a liberals home, break in and make yourself at home, see how excited they are to see you when they arrive.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:27 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Now this is the most amazing thing........how is an illegal alien completing the course of study to become a teacher, an accountant, a geophysicist or a lawyer going to help the US? Has it ever occurred to you that once they graduate, they are still in the US illegally and they are not going to be able to get a job. No one is going to hire a teacher without a SS# and I strongly suspect no future lawyer is going to be permitted to take the Bar Exam without one.

It is not difficult for me to guess what your solution to the problem is going to be. (drumroll) Grant them amnesty, a path to citizenship or whatever you want to call it. This is called backdoor amnesty. Once the illegal alien is granted amnesty, they can then begin sponsoring numerous relatives, who typically have no education or job skills at all, and bringing them over to the US. How does gaining one teacher benefit the US if we also gain 5 people with 7th grade educations?
You nailed it. Why all the fuss to give illegal aliens in state tuition for an education that they can't get a job with anyway? Well, as you said, the pro illegal hispandering Democrats DO expect these illegal, future Democratic voters, to be able to use that education just as soon as the pro illegal hispandering Democrats can get the illegals amnestied. The pro illegal hispandering Democrats have figured out that why have these illegals sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for an amnesty before they get their education when they can go ahead with their education now and be ready when the supposed amnesty comes.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:34 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Denver, in the course of 15 or so years developed some jacked up areas. Five points used to be the only scary sector of town but now that the Illegals have populated a good portion of the City that has really taken a toll on the Police and social services.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times
Peraonlly I thnik taht illeagls shpuld not be able to attent our school. Its like teh governamnt allowing and abetting violations of the law.If we just star by equating that a child born of american parents in a foreign country are citizens as now to those that are born of mexican citzens in thsi country are mexican citizens the problme will solve itself. those children of illegals are illegal along with their parents.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 PM

8 posts, read 12,761 times
These kids are not in anyway Chinese/Mexican/Brazilian/Iranian/Canadian/Argetinian mentally or culturally. They have grown in a country of which they considered, theirs. Though paperwork says otherwise, why would you deny the next Einstein, Newton or Schwarzerneger the opportunity to get a higher education if they obtai a loan then they will pay with interests to that particular state and helping out the overall economy. Think about it, why would 20+ states allowed this if it wasn't profitable and positive for their economy?

Old 03-20-2010, 12:37 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,874,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekarl17 View Post
These kids are not in anyway Chinese/Mexican/Brazilian/Iranian/Canadian/Argetinian mentally or culturally. They have grown in a country of which they considered, theirs. Though paperwork says otherwise, why would you deny the next Einstein, Newton or Schwarzerneger the opportunity to get a higher education if they obtai a loan then they will pay with interests to that particular state and helping out the overall economy. Think about it, why would 20+ states allowed this if it wasn't profitable and positive for their economy?
How do you put an IDIOT like Schwarzenneggar in with Einstein and Newton?By the way these Illegals are only helping themselves out to what they have NO right to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration