Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:38 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,726,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
No it is not hard to demand that, what you describe is Amnesty though or some sort of visa program. Anti-illegals would be furious!
Doesn't it stand to reason that if we were to remove all these illegal aliens, the labor component of agriculture, to name one area, would rise significantly? Who ultimately will pay for this? Is this still a small price to pay compared to the healthcare, education and other costs of having these aliens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Doesn't it stand to reason that if we were to remove all these illegal aliens, the labor component of agriculture, to name one area, would rise significantly? Who ultimately will pay for this? Is this still a small price to pay compared to the healthcare, education and other costs of having these aliens?
So?

If this nation is such a bunch of pansies that we 'need' illegal aliens to survive; especially with this deep recession--------we do not deserve to exist.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
So?

If this nation is such a bunch of pansies that we 'need' illegal aliens to survive; especially with this deep recession--------we do not deserve to exist.
Our workers are notorious for union affiliations and thus drastically higher labor costs. Look at the ghost town Detroit has become. I don't think it's that we are pansies so much as that we have had too much of a taste of the Western "good life". China is feeling this now as the average standard of living is beginning to rise faster that they can develop infrastructures.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:32 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,549,428 times
Quote:
In any war: a few battles will be lost before final victory.

In war, there is typically a code of "no women no children", in this case its the American Born children that are hindering the deportation of these illegal aliens. Not much to do with votes or the economy, but trying not to give the appearence of trampling on these american born citizens constitutional rights. Sad, unfair but true.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,485,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It appears "Team Amnesty" is winning right now, I have them way ahead.
The anti-illegal playbook is old, too easy to counter with racism, xeno and hate.

You better hope for OT.
The one thing that it is not easy to counter the anti-illegal playbook with is 'facts'. That will win out in the end.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:49 PM

Born here? Then you are a US citizen regardless of the circumstance. Entitled to educational and health benefits. Es mucho dinero!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:07 PM

365 posts, read 757,123 times
Quote:
In any war: a few battles will be lost before final victory.
i think that quote is not applicable here and I think its quite stupid..if you ask me...

if you applied that statement or that quote in a real war...any general or chief of staff you could say make mistakes but readjust because what we want is less casuelties correct?

so why do ice are letting illegals go...why is obama, and macain both offer some kind of immigration reform...

if this is a reform war...well let me tell you were kind of clueless of how to fight it..

and this I know...there might be a LOT OF ANTI-IMMIGRANTS...
BUT I DONT know one politician who has a majority that would be willing to say hes against illegal immigration..

and that is tancredo...and where is he at? did he run for president? does he have more influence then the current lobby in the republican and democrat talking about a reform...

so again...thats a military quote that is kind of dumb to use with these analogy

Old 04-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
i think that quote is not applicable here and I think its quite stupid..if you ask me...

if you applied that statement or that quote in a real war...any general or chief of staff you could say make mistakes but readjust because what we want is less casuelties correct?

so why do ice are letting illegals go...why is obama, and macain both offer some kind of immigration reform...

if this is a reform war...well let me tell you were kind of clueless of how to fight it..

and this I know...there might be a LOT OF ANTI-IMMIGRANTS...
BUT I DONT know one politician who has a majority that would be willing to say hes against illegal immigration..

and that is tancredo...and where is he at? did he run for president? does he have more influence then the current lobby in the republican and democrat talking about a reform...

so again...thats a military quote that is kind of dumb to use with these analogy
Just remember:

Legal immigrants are welcome here.

Illegal aliens are criminals and need to leave--------or, they will be tossed out.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
In war, there is typically a code of "no women no children", in this case its the American Born children that are hindering the deportation of these illegal aliens. Not much to do with votes or the economy, but trying not to give the appearence of trampling on these american born citizens constitutional rights. Sad, unfair but true.
Yeppers-----------and, all the more reason to eliminate birthright citizenship unless at least one parent is here in the USA legally.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:04 PM

365 posts, read 757,123 times
Quote:
Just remember:

Legal immigrants are welcome here.

Illegal aliens are criminals and need to leave--------or, they will be tossed out.

who is they? big brother has not penelize no one ...in favorable numbers...and has let these problem become a huge problem..

was their intention bringing them and them legalized them..
or creating a unstable southwest full of riots and disorder?
I choose the first one all logic goes to that one
so that answer does not count...
next..just kidding..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration