Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:21 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,095 times

Advertisements

“Illegal immigrants are clearly changing the landscape of the United States--making it UNRECOGNIZABLE as the country I grew up in. I grew up in Texas and I remember communities that had a similar culture. I know there were people that weren't white among us but I couldn't tell you how many or what colors they were as they were well assimilated. In fact, my best friends during school in a very affluent Dallas suburb were black, Filipino and Indian (from India). Yet, we shared the same values, the same culture, the same language, the same everything because we were all just "American".

“Fast forward about 10-15 years and I became a teacher. And I discovered that our schools had changed dramatically. I ultimately decided that I would never send my own children to any of these failing pre-prison environments. After a failed attempt to help my community and start a charter school, I decided to home school my own children.

Frosty Wooldridge -- I Admire Your Tenacity - Fighting A Losing Battle on Immigration

Fairly long but excellent article. Definitely worth the read

Last edited by JDubsMom; 12-04-2008 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
“Illegal immigrants are clearly changing the landscape of the United States--making it UNRECOGNIZABLE as the country I grew up in. I grew up in Texas and I remember communities that had a similar culture. I know there were people that weren't white among us but I couldn't tell you how many or what colors they were as they were well assimilated. In fact, my best friends during school in a very affluent Dallas suburb were black, Filipino and Indian (from India). Yet, we shared the same values, the same culture, the same language, the same everything because we were all just "American".

“Fast forward about 10-15 years and I became a teacher. And I discovered that our schools had changed dramatically. I ultimately decided that I would never send my own children to any of these failing pre-prison environments. After a failed attempt to help my community and start a charter school, I decided to home school my own children.

Frosty Wooldridge -- I Admire Your Tenacity - Fighting A Losing Battle on Immigration

Fairly long but excellent article Definitely worth the read
JDubsMom: you reminded me of something there.

Growing up in the Wash DC area 35 years ago we had E Indians, Jamaicans, Argentines, Mexicans, generic Asians, Iranians, etc. yet as a group they did their damnedest to become simply Americans.

Note though all of the above typically had strong Middle Class values AKA First World ways of doing things----------unlike those insolent aliens with the mentality of 3 YO's trying to come here illegally.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
JDubsMom: you reminded me of something there.

Growing up in the Wash DC area 35 years ago we had E Indians, Jamaicans, Argentines, Mexicans, generic Asians, Iranians, etc. yet as a group they did their damnedest to become simply Americans.

Note though all of the above typically had strong Middle Class values AKA First World ways of doing things----------unlike those insolent aliens with the mentality of 3 YO's trying to come here illegally.
Growing up my experiences were very similar. There was a mixture in my neighborhood, jewish, arab, white and black. Everyone spoke English (at least in public) and those here from other countries did everything they could to assimilate and be proud Americans. My how times have changed . . . .

Old 12-04-2008, 12:03 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,289,207 times
I can't believe anyone quotes Frosty Wooldridge. The man is disgusting, and a phony.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:41 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,454,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I can't believe anyone quotes Frosty Wooldridge. The man is disgusting, and a phony.
That's a matter of opinion. At least the man knows what he's talking about,,,,,,unlike most Pro-Illegals on this forum...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 PM

Do you guys not see how obviously fake his testimonials are?

Quote:
As always, my nemesis, Commandante Pedro writes gritty letters telling me how Mexico continues its reconquest of the United States. Pedro said, “Oh Mr. Frosty! Can't you see the writing on the wall? Don't you see the signs of the times? The politicians know who to kowtow and cater to. The White vote is irrelevant. That was proven on 11/04. We are the future; therefore it is our bottoms which must be kissed. The fools in the Congress realize that within 20 years it is the Latinos who will be calling the shots, and that is the reason why they prostrate themselves before us in slavish devotion. I personally believe that deep down, most of these fat crackers feel guilty for the oppression that their ancestors visited upon the indigenous peoples, and this is their pathetic attempt at making amends for the White Man's crimes.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[LEFT]Did you know that at the southern Mexican border, those who attempt to enter Mexico illegally are shot on sight? It is lucky for us that the decadent gringos who run this nation are so soft and weak that they are incapable of enforcing the laws currently on the books. We will go down in history as the mighty conquerors of America, and we will do it without firing a shot. You gringos are truly pathetic. I feel emboldened to state this freely because I know that nothing will be done to stop us, we have already won. It is all over save for the shouting. In the meantime continue with your quixotic warnings, they make for an amusing read. Feliz Navidad!” Subcommandante Pedro, MeCHA Brown Berets Infiltration Brigades,LA, Alta CA Aztlan (Occupied CA)[/LEFT]
Wow, that was just a little convenient that the member of MeCha, not MeCHa, says all the things the most extreme of anti-illegals use as their arguments.
This guy is so cheesy, and too stupid to be a convincing "journalist".
I don't know why you guys bother reading his tripe. Just because he says what you like to hear doesn't mean you have to buy into it.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,583,589 times
Quote:
An ad hominem tactic won’t work. If it’s the truth (which it is), I don’t care if SpongeBob is the source.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
An ad hominem tactic won’t work. If it’s the truth (which it is), I don’t care if SpongeBob is the source.
The guy making up his own "testimonials" and "letters" is enough.
What's the truth? All the anti-Mexican propaganda this guy puts out? This guys is racist towards Latinos, or ethnicist, or whatever helps you guys sleep at night. And that's no empty accusation. I can't believe you guys will read this man's material and accept it just because he's on your "side".
I would think you guys would have better judgment over this kind of thing.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:08 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,583,589 times
Quote:
The guy making up his own "testimonials" and "letters" is enough.
What's the truth? All the anti-Mexican propaganda this guy puts out? This guys is racist towards Latinos, or ethnicist, or whatever helps you guys sleep at night. And that's no empty accusation. I can't believe you guys will read this man's material and accept it just because he's on your "side".
I would think you guys would have better judgment over this kind of thing.
It’s not an issue of him being on my "side.” Nor does his opposition to illegal immigration qualify him as being a racist. I vehemently oppose illegal immigration, and I am certainly not a racist. I have witnessed the devastating impact of illegal immigration on neighborhoods in this country. My opinion of this man does not negate the truth he speaks.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s not an issue of him being on my "side.” Nor does his opposition to illegal immigration qualify him as being a racist. I vehemently oppose illegal immigration, and I am certainly not a racist. I have witnessed the devastating impact of illegal immigration on neighborhoods in this country. My opinion of this man does not negate the truth he speaks.
Did I say his opposition to illegal immigration qualified him as being a racist? Do you you usually make assumptions like you have the last few times you've responded to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration