Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:06 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,614,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Two wrongs make a right in your world, apparently.
People here don't like to consider they might be wrong. Instead, they try to redirect to something else. Typical.
And apparently, you think its normal for Mexicans to rape children.
It's bigotry, and a cruel stereotype against a good people.

I have no desire to speak with you anymore.
Now who is making assumptions? I never said it is normal for Mexicans to rape children. However, the age of consent in Mexico is 12. In the U.S., we consider that pedophilia. Thus, the cultural difference.

If you have no desire to speak with me again, that is certainly your prerogative. I shall lose no sleep over your decision. Peace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 03:11 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,293,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Now who is making assumptions? I never said it is normal for Mexicans to rape children. However, the age of consent in Mexico is 12. In the U.S., we consider that pedophilia. Thus, the cultural difference.

If you have no desire to speak with me again, that is certainly your prerogative. I shall lose no sleep over your decision. Peace!
Well, you did refer to a claim that Mexican consider it normal to rape children as just "stating cultural differences".
The article was mean spirited, extremely anti-Mexican and you know it.

If you looked more closely, you'd see an asterisk that says the age of both partners are considered, and must be within a few years of each other.

Please don't act like you know what you're talking about. It's a very ignorant thing to say about a people.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:18 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,496,432 times
[quote]
Quote:
Two wrongs make a right in your world, apparently.
People here don't like to consider they might be wrong. Instead, they try to redirect to something else. Typical.
And apparently, you think its normal for Mexicans to rape children.
It's bigotry, and a cruel stereotype against a good people.

Quote:
I have no desire to speak with you anymore.[/
QUOTE]
Make up your mind...

Old 12-04-2008, 03:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,614,425 times
Quote:
Well, you did refer to a claim that Mexican consider it normal to rape children as just "stating cultural differences".
The article was mean spirited, extremely anti-Mexican and you know it.

If you looked more closely, you'd see an asterisk that says the age of both partners are considered, and must be within a few years of each other.

Please don't act like you know what you're talking about. It's a very ignorant thing to say about a people.
I don’t know what on earth you are referring to. I made no such claim. I merely stated that there are cultural differences between the U.S. and Mexico. At no time did I explicitly nor implicitly accuse Mexicans of being child rapists. This is really getting ridiculous.

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states

Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 PM

3,920 posts, read 3,658,664 times
I myself would really like to know what exactly is the stance of the pro illegal crowd. There are a few of you who feel you have to defend these criminals on every thread pertaining to illegals yet I never see any reason given for your enthusiastic support. Do you empathize with the plight of these people, or do you just feel US laws are not important and should be broken if it fits certain criteria.

I myself am a US citizen born and raised, and I have had first hand encounters with our legal system. And I have always had to follow the law or face the consequences. Why should illegals be any different? Why should we defend people who do not respect us? Why should we be the ones to change for people who don't even belong here? Answers to these questions would be great. Maybe then I will understand the need some users feel to defend this invading foreign culture.

PS For all who really care to know, many(not all) of these people do not care about this country nor do they respect the citizens of this country. I personally see the anti American grafitti and deal with the snarky remarks on a daily basis. America needs patriots, not antagonists.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I myself would really like to know what exactly is the stance of the pro illegal crowd. There are a few of you who feel you have to defend these criminals on every thread pertaining to illegals yet I never see any reason given for your enthusiastic support. Do you empathize with the plight of these people, or do you just feel US laws are not important and should be broken if it fits certain criteria.

I myself am a US citizen born and raised, and I have had first hand encounters with our legal system. And I have always had to follow the law or face the consequences. Why should illegals be any different? Why should we defend people who do not respect us? Why should we be the ones to change for people who don't even belong here? Answers to these questions would be great. Maybe then I will understand the need some users feel to defend this invading foreign culture.

PS For all who really care to know, many(not all) of these people do not care about this country nor do they respect the citizens of this country. I personally see the anti American grafitti and deal with the snarky remarks on a daily basis. America needs patriots, not antagonists.
Excellent post Reads2MUCH

Old 12-04-2008, 03:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,938,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

It is hard to discuss this issue with people who love illegals and think illegals are wonderful law-abiding people.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It is hard to discuss this issue with people who love illegals and think illegals are wonderful law-abiding people.
That's their main intention.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:07 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,938,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post

Old 12-04-2008, 06:10 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,293,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The fact that said comment was made by someone who believes Wikipedia is a reputable source is comical to say the least.
Anyone with half a brain could figure out that you could determine what's valid on wikipedia and what isn't by check it's cited with a reputable source at the bottom. Check it out.

But then again, this is from someone who reads Frosty Wooldridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration