Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Passage of the DREAMAct?
Yes, they were brought here are innocent children 37 24.03%
No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals 117 75.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM

43 posts, read 112,728 times

Advertisements

Absolutely not! Why would we extend citizen rights to illegals? If a robber has become rich off of stealing from people, and later goes to college and graduates using that stolen money should he be awarded for his accomplishments or should he go to jail? It's the same thing.

These people came here illegally, broke our laws. Steal our jobs, money and take up living spaces. They should not be given anything more than a 1-way ticket back home.

Think of all the people that try and come here legally. Waiting and waiting, but they do it the right way. So we're going to prioritize and award the ones who illegally do it? That would do nothing more than make more of them want to come over here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 03:52 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,539,141 times
I heard about this on the news just this morning.

I heard it said that we should help these "students" if they have been in the US (illegally) for at least 5 years and have finished high school. Also, anyone brought to the US at age 16 or older does not qualify under the DREAMie act.

What part of NEVER do our leaders not understand? Criminals deserve no special treatment... EVER - NEVER.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I heard about this on the news just this morning.

I heard it said that we should help these "students" if they have been in the US (illegally) for at least 5 years and have finished high school. Also, anyone brought to the US at age 16 or older does not qualify under the DREAMie act.

What part of NEVER do our leaders not understand? Criminals deserve no special treatment... EVER - NEVER.
The bill is a joke. They can be 35 and still qualify. Plus, they aren’t even required to actually graduate from college. How many illegals will admit they entered this country after age 16, or crossed the desert last week? Given their propensity for document fraud, every illegal age 35 and under will produce “proof” they entered at age 6.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Nope. Only thing they deserve is a boot in pants back to where they came from, along with their parents.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
I say when the terrorist illegals get into a large group and protest on our land we have our military and law enforcement right there to arrest every single one of them who cannot show proof of citizenship.

We need to deport them all and we need to end the anchor baby laws.

The best way to rid ourselves of these terrorist is to grab thousands of them at one time while they are breaking our laws protesting in our streets.

Operation grab and deport begins!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:11 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,539,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The bill is a joke. They can be 35 and still qualify. Plus, they aren’t even required to actually graduate from college. How many illegals will admit they entered this country after age 16, or crossed the desert last week? Given their propensity for document fraud, every illegal age 35 and under will produce “proof” they entered at age 6.
Is this a trick question?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,759 times
I don't understand the numerous logic statement mentioned on this form that "illegal immigrant children follow their parents" - so are you saying that all the criminal "parents" here in America who are legal citizens will lay "criminal" kids and we should all deport those kids too? This entire concept is WHACK, plus it completely goes against the entire basis of molecular biology in general.

It just amazes me how ignorant most of the people here can be. Why is it that people can't just, even for a moment, step outside of their own shoes and think about this from another perspective?
Tons of illegal immigrant children come here when they are two, three. Most of the parents have harmlessly come here, hoping for a new life after escaping war or some other national crisis from their respective countries. The Dream Act will only allow students who have behaved and not broken any of America's laws to be given a second chance, to live a new life as Americans. What is so wrong about that? I don't think you guys will be saying, "Oh let's deport everyone who's illegal" if YOUR parents came here illegally, would you?

And please don't bring the whole "Illegal immigrants are taking our money, resources, jobs" because that's just a load of crap. I see hundreds of LEGAL hobos and druggies everyone on the streets who don't work and contribute to the better of society. America is an independent type of society. If YOU don't bother to work hard for your dreams, then no one will do it for you. Aside from the fact that most of these illegal immigrants contribute SO MUCH more to America then you'll ever imagine. It's one of the dumbest decisions to deport all these talented mathematicians, scientists, doctors out of our country after we educated them to serve in other countries where most can't even SPEAK their cultural countries' language because they have been living in America since two or three years old.

DREAM ACT MUST PASS ON. It's the only way for economies to go up, for new jobs and fields to open up, for those who wish to serve the country join military and tax be paid.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:27 PM

233 posts, read 439,940 times
They ALL need to be deported, including ALL the children of any illegal parents. If they want to come back I would think they could apply to come back legally without penalty if they were under the age of 5 or so when their parents brought them here, for the parents I would say a 20 or so year penalty before they would be able to apply to come here again, and no visitation visa during those wait times either. That way the children who had no say in wether they were brought here would be able to apply right away to return as long as they follow proper paperwork and rules, and wait the same as every other LAW ABIDING want to be immigrant does, file the paperwork, pay the fees and wait their turn, also no bringing over the whole family, cousins and aunts uncles and anyone else who cares to tag along. I also think that any property the parents have accumulated, real estate and such should be turned over to the government unless they can prove without a shadow of a doubt that they have been working and paying all due taxes for the time they have been in the country, and not been recieving WIC or any other social service programs, after all we do confiscate property of criminals all the time, why should they get to keep their ill gotten gains, with the proceeds from the sale of all this we would bolster up those services to be able to help the citizens and legal immigrants who need it now.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancaketowers View Post
I don't understand the numerous logic statement mentioned on this form that "illegal immigrant children follow their parents" - so are you saying that all the criminal "parents" here in America who are legal citizens will lay "criminal" kids and we should all deport those kids too? This entire concept is WHACK, plus it completely goes against the entire basis of molecular biology in general.

It just amazes me how ignorant most of the people here can be. Why is it that people can't just, even for a moment, step outside of their own shoes and think about this from another perspective?
Tons of illegal immigrant children come here when they are two, three. Most of the parents have harmlessly come here, hoping for a new life after escaping war or some other national crisis from their respective countries. The Dream Act will only allow students who have behaved and not broken any of America's laws to be given a second chance, to live a new life as Americans. What is so wrong about that? I don't think you guys will be saying, "Oh let's deport everyone who's illegal" if YOUR parents came here illegally, would you?

And please don't bring the whole "Illegal immigrants are taking our money, resources, jobs" because that's just a load of crap. I see hundreds of LEGAL hobos and druggies everyone on the streets who don't work and contribute to the better of society. America is an independent type of society. If YOU don't bother to work hard for your dreams, then no one will do it for you. Aside from the fact that most of these illegal immigrants contribute SO MUCH more to America then you'll ever imagine. It's one of the dumbest decisions to deport all these talented mathematicians, scientists, doctors out of our country after we educated them to serve in other countries where most can't even SPEAK their cultural countries' language because they have been living in America since two or three years old.

DREAM ACT MUST PASS ON. It's the only way for economies to go up, for new jobs and fields to open up, for those who wish to serve the country join military and tax be paid.
Wow. Just wow. Was that you posting a reply on here, or Obama? That's some pretty tasty kool-aid you got there.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancaketowers View Post

You've got to be kidding. There is not good reason whatsoever to reward anyone for breaking our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration