Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Passage of the DREAMAct?
Yes, they were brought here are innocent children 37 24.03%
No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals 117 75.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,331,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancaketowers View Post
I don't understand the numerous logic statement mentioned on this form that "illegal immigrant children follow their parents" - so are you saying that all the criminal "parents" here in America who are legal citizens will lay "criminal" kids and we should all deport those kids too? This entire concept is WHACK, plus it completely goes against the entire basis of molecular biology in general.

It just amazes me how ignorant most of the people here can be. Why is it that people can't just, even for a moment, step outside of their own shoes and think about this from another perspective?
Tons of illegal immigrant children come here when they are two, three. Most of the parents have harmlessly come here, hoping for a new life after escaping war or some other national crisis from their respective countries. The Dream Act will only allow students who have behaved and not broken any of America's laws to be given a second chance, to live a new life as Americans. What is so wrong about that? I don't think you guys will be saying, "Oh let's deport everyone who's illegal" if YOUR parents came here illegally, would you?

And please don't bring the whole "Illegal immigrants are taking our money, resources, jobs" because that's just a load of crap. I see hundreds of LEGAL hobos and druggies everyone on the streets who don't work and contribute to the better of society. America is an independent type of society. If YOU don't bother to work hard for your dreams, then no one will do it for you. Aside from the fact that most of these illegal immigrants contribute SO MUCH more to America then you'll ever imagine. It's one of the dumbest decisions to deport all these talented mathematicians, scientists, doctors out of our country after we educated them to serve in other countries where most can't even SPEAK their cultural countries' language because they have been living in America since two or three years old.

DREAM ACT MUST PASS ON. It's the only way for economies to go up, for new jobs and fields to open up, for those who wish to serve the country join military and tax be paid.
Most of the ancestors of those of us posting on this forum came here legally. It is irrelevant anyway because one is only responsible for their OWN actions not the actions of their ancestors. You might want to educate yourself on the negative statistics of illegal immigration starting with our laws and common sense first. No one has the right to come here illegally for economic purposes.

Every country has their share of druggies and hobos but that doesn't negate their right to have and to enforce their immigration laws.

No, to the Dream Act under no circumstances!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 PM

233 posts, read 440,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancaketowers View Post

And please don't bring the whole "Illegal immigrants are taking our money, resources, jobs" because that's just a load of crap. I see hundreds of LEGAL hobos and druggies everyone on the streets who don't work and contribute to the better of society. America is an independent type of society. If YOU don't bother to work hard for your dreams, then no one will do it for you. Aside from the fact that most of these illegal immigrants contribute SO MUCH more to America then you'll ever imagine. It's one of the dumbest decisions to deport all these talented mathematicians, scientists, doctors out of our country after we educated them to serve in other countries where most can't even SPEAK their cultural countries' language because they have been living in America since two or three years old.

DREAM ACT MUST PASS ON. It's the only way for economies to go up, for new jobs and fields to open up, for those who wish to serve the country join military and tax be paid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something as someone who has worked with those so called "LEGAL hobos and druggies". Do you ever imagine that some of those same people you put down are the same ones who worked all their lives until something you could never imagine happened to them? Maybe they witnessed their whole family perish before their eyes and could do nothing about it, maybe they are the veteran with medical issues that we can no longer help them with because the line for help is so long, thanks in part to the social service system helping all these illegals, IILEGALS sure know how to milk that system, I've had to deal with them too. Maybe if we didn't have to dish out the money for these ILLEGALS , well then just maybe there would be more help available to the CITIZENS you seem to begrudge any help to. By all means if we have in any way paid for or aided in the education of these DRs., mathematicians, scientists or such highly skilled graduates that are here illegally well then I think they should be kept here until their responsibilities to pay back all the $$$ invested in said education is paid back, until then any money they make should be garnisheered, maybe with that money we will be able to aid more of this countrys CITIZEN students, at the point the ILLEGALS student costs have been repaid they should be deported immediatly. And any one who doesn't have a degree in those studies you sited should be deported immediately.........does that work better for you? I truthfully see no more need for so many unskilled larborers when so many of those said jobs have moved into the ILLEGALS countrys and left us with a large dependant glut of unskilled labor at this point in time, if these people don't have those highly skilled degrees you talk about at this point in time then ship them home right now.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,755,698 times
Whatever happened to polls with straight up yes or no choices without the addition of the OP's own little qualifiers?

No DREAM Act. No Amnesty. Nothing.

Zip, zilch, nunca!

No, no, no, no, NO!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 876 times
You cannot blame a person for wanting to succeed. Immigrants come here from other countries simply because they want to LIVE SUCCESFULLY. Their "home countries" do not allow them the freedom or do not provide any jobs. The majority of immigrants that come here do not want to rob you, kill you, or commit any other type or crazy crimes, these people just want a BETTER LIFE. I mean, isn't that what we all want anyway? Why do people go to school- better life, Why do people spend crazy hours at work-better life? Why do people go to other countries to work- better life. I think it's completely getting blown out of proportion. The Dream Act would be a perfect beggining to start mending our broken immigration system. Why deprive children (who were brought here by their parents) the right to live out their dreams? After all, it is this very country that has shaped them.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:20 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,849,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Alcantara View Post
You cannot blame a person for wanting to succeed. Immigrants come here from other countries simply because they want to LIVE SUCCESFULLY. Their "home countries" do not allow them the freedom or do not provide any jobs. The majority of immigrants that come here do not want to rob you, kill you, or commit any other type or crazy crimes, these people just want a BETTER LIFE. I mean, isn't that what we all want anyway? Why do people go to school- better life, Why do people spend crazy hours at work-better life? Why do people go to other countries to work- better life. I think it's completely getting blown out of proportion. The Dream Act would be a perfect beggining to start mending our broken immigration system. Why deprive children (who were brought here by their parents) the right to live out their dreams? After all, it is this very country that has shaped them.

The ONLY thing "broken" about the immigration system is a LACK of enforcement of the immigration LAWS.

Please stop with the disingenous calling those here ILLEGALLY "immigrants".

Old 11-22-2010, 01:26 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,530,732 times
They have shown quite clearly that they are more
interested in working the system like having others
push this through like the health care deal

So, Why have they not taken the time to become
a citizen and have no problems lining up for the free ride

Old 11-22-2010, 02:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,331,919 times
Quote:
First, they aren't immigrants. They are illegal aliens regardless that their parents brought them here. It isn't our countries obligation to care for other countries citizens who don't care for their own by importing them all here for a better life. That is why we have a legal immigration system or we would be overwhelmed with the whole world's poor coming here for a better life. It would be killing the goose that laid the golden egg so to speak.

Foreigners when not eligible to come here will just have to have the courage to fix their own countries and make a better life for themselves in their homelands. We are not the sponge for the whole world's destitute.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
They can pursue their dreams elsewhere. While I agree it is not their fault they were brought to this country by their parents, it is also not our obligation to support them. When people rob banks, do we open bank accounts and deposit thousands for their children? Of course not, that would be absurd. Then, why should we reward the children of immigration violators with a path to citizenship?

Old 11-22-2010, 03:44 PM

50,412 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:

A better life by trespassing, stealing an identity, not paying taxes and leeching off of social services? I don't want a better life at the expense of someone else.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,464,731 times
By all means these People deserve a better life. But that being said, wouldn't you think that by wanting a better life, in Another Country as the U.S. that they would come here legally.

Stop with the excuses, and the crocodile tears, because they want a better life, does not mean to invade our Borders by illegal means. Not all of them come here for a better life, there are some criminal intent that come here also. Criminals who do a lot of dirty deeds here.

And by coming to our Country, wanting a better life, wouldn't you think that majority of these people would learn our Language, well they don't not all of them.

Why should these people be allowed to a free pass. Are we suppose to pay for the miserable life these people have in their Country, blame the Country not us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration