Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Passage of the DREAMAct?
Yes, they were brought here are innocent children 37 24.03%
No, they are nothing more than the 2nd generation of illegal alien criminals 117 75.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,692,346 times

Advertisements

There, I rounded the nay vote up to 100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 01:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,280,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Alcantara View Post
You cannot blame a person for wanting to succeed. Immigrants come here from other countries simply because they want to LIVE SUCCESFULLY. Their "home countries" do not allow them the freedom or do not provide any jobs. The majority of immigrants that come here do not want to rob you, kill you, or commit any other type or crazy crimes, these people just want a BETTER LIFE. I mean, isn't that what we all want anyway? Why do people go to school- better life, Why do people spend crazy hours at work-better life? Why do people go to other countries to work- better life. I think it's completely getting blown out of proportion. The Dream Act would be a perfect beggining to start mending our broken immigration system. Why deprive children (who were brought here by their parents) the right to live out their dreams? After all, it is this very country that has shaped them.
Most native born criminals use the same excuses for why they committed their crimes as well. They just wanted something nice. They had no opprotunities where they lived etc. This does not change the fact that they violated our laws to try and achieve their goals. Unlike illegals however, we normally don't reward our own criminals by passing laws allowing them to keep their ill begotten gains.
Broken immigration system? This nation allows more immigration than all other nations on earth combined.
I attended my wifes citizenship ceremony last week. 72 people represent 34 nations were sworn in as citizens. No our system is not broken. If anything it is not selective enough. What is broken is our border security and our enforcment of our laws.
The dream act is nothing more nothing less than a reward system for both the Dreamie's and their parents for the laws they have violated.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 953 times
quote=kenshin522;15106900]Absolutely not! Why would we extend citizen rights to illegals? If a robber has become rich off of stealing from people, and later goes to college and graduates using that stolen money should he be awarded for his accomplishments or should he go to jail? It's the same thing.

These people came here illegally, broke our laws. Steal our jobs, money and take up living spaces. They should not be given anything more than a 1-way ticket back home.

Think of all the people that try and come here legally. Waiting and waiting, but they do it the right way. So we're going to prioritize and award the ones who illegally do it? That would do nothing more than make more of them want to come over here.[/quote]

Fisrt of all Its is "Absolutely not!" the same thing ignorant how can an innocent infant, child, or teenagers make a decision against their parents. Yes the parents are guilty i do not argue that, but why should a child who did not even know that a law forbiding them to come here existed be punished. A "robber" knowingly steals. Unlike a thief stealing these INNOCENT people did not know what they were doing they had no other choice. What choices did you make when you were in diapers?? Thats what i thought!!! And as for them "STEALING" your jobs, money, and living space??? WHAT?? If an illegal immagrant got the job you wanted its obviosly because they were better than you!! DAH and your money WHAT??HOW??And its not stolen money if they are working for it and earn it..Just like you do... And if they can afford, and are paying for their living space how in the hell is that stealing from you?? Think your statement through before opening your mouth and following other ignorant people

Old 11-29-2010, 02:25 PM

7,832 posts, read 6,427,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srichards View Post

Fisrt of all Its is "Absolutely not!" the same thing ignorant how can an innocent infant, child, or teenagers make a decision against their parents. Yes the parents are guilty i do not argue that, but why should a child who did not even know that a law forbiding them to come here existed be punished. A "robber" knowingly steals. Unlike a thief stealing these INNOCENT people did not know what they were doing they had no other choice. What choices did you make when you were in diapers?? Thats what i thought!!! And as for them "STEALING" your jobs, money, and living space??? WHAT?? If an illegal immagrant got the job you wanted its obviosly because they were better than you!! DAH and your money WHAT??HOW??And its not stolen money if they are working for it and earn it..Just like you do... And if they can afford, and are paying for their living space how in the hell is that stealing from you?? Think your statement through before opening your mouth and following other ignorant people
They should not be punished, but they should not be rewarded either.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:07 PM

98 posts, read 79,488 times
Did anyone else hear or read something about people wanting the military service part of the bill taken out? If I remember correctly, two years of military service would also get them citizenship yet they were opposed to this. My brother and I were both born in Mexico and moved here when we were 4 and 6 years old respectively. When we were both 19 years old we enlisted in the Marine Corps, he served 5 years and received an honorable discharge and I just hit my 4 year mark. So why do the supporters of the Dream act not want a military option written into the act?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:10 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,880,165 times
If you are not authorized to be in the United States legally or you don't have authorization for legal employment it's not "your" money at all. American laws are not yours to simply ignore. Yet again that illustrates the mindset of the illegal migrant and those who support them. Laws are to be lauded and created so as to make life easier for the migrant. When laws fail to do so, those laws can and should be ignored.

That's no way to run a civil society. The very notion that millions of lawbreakers are entitled to American citizenship merely because they have gotten away with ignoring our immigration laws and earned a GED in a foreign language is absurd.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:25 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,910,617 times
So a child that is legally here with no change or path to a greencard like a child of a E2 visa holder should overstay his visa and than get a greencard under the Dream Act....

I'm sorry, but isn't this the most ridiculous thing....who ever came up with this crazy act?

Shouldn't the government start with legal aliens and allow them to get a path to a greencard instead of rewarding criminals, because any one who came over here in an illegal way is basically a criminal.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,498,227 times
Reward these people for what purpose. No No No. Another fancy term for give them Amnesty. Our Government should learn to get a backbone.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:45 PM

7,832 posts, read 6,427,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
Did anyone else hear or read something about people wanting the military service part of the bill taken out? If I remember correctly, two years of military service would also get them citizenship yet they were opposed to this. My brother and I were both born in Mexico and moved here when we were 4 and 6 years old respectively. When we were both 19 years old we enlisted in the Marine Corps, he served 5 years and received an honorable discharge and I just hit my 4 year mark. So why do the supporters of the Dream act not want a military option written into the act?
Many liberal types oppose anything about the military. They often work to get military recruiters kicked out of High Schools and Colleges. They want to make your choice not to join the military for you.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,877,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srichards View Post
quote=kenshin522;15106900]Absolutely not! Why would we extend citizen rights to illegals? If a robber has become rich off of stealing from people, and later goes to college and graduates using that stolen money should he be awarded for his accomplishments or should he go to jail? It's the same thing.

These people came here illegally, broke our laws. Steal our jobs, money and take up living spaces. They should not be given anything more than a 1-way ticket back home.

Fisrt of all Its is "Absolutely not!" the same thing ignorant how can an innocent infant, child, or teenagers make a decision against their parents. Yes the parents are guilty i do not argue that, but why should a child who did not even know that a law forbiding them to come here existed be punished. A "robber" knowingly steals. Unlike a thief stealing these INNOCENT people did not know what they were doing they had no other choice. What choices did you make when you were in diapers?? Thats what i thought!!!

I don't see it as punishment to send illegal children back to their country of origin along with their parents. That way families aren't broken up and the children have the opportunity to go to a new country just like their parents did. Only this time they will abide legally in their own country.

And as for them "STEALING" your jobs, money, and living space??? WHAT?? If an illegal immagrant got the job you wanted its obviosly because they were better than you!! DAH and your money WHAT??HOW??And its not stolen money if they are working for it and earn it..Just like you do... And if they can afford, and are paying for their living space how in the hell is that stealing from you?? Think your statement through before opening your mouth and following other ignorant people

Illegal immigrants take the jobs of citizens by offering to work for less money. They can do this because they are paid under the table and don't pay taxes. They are stealing money by using services paid for by American taxpayers that they are not entitled to. With the influx of illegals it drove the price of housing up making it more expensive to rent housing. It's called supply and demand. If you take the time to think things through you may find that you are the one following ignorant people. If they have convinced you that they are innocent of wrongdoing in occupying the US illegally than I am convinced of that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration