Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:41 PM

28 posts, read 55,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Words of a true liberal "Yes we are ALL immigrants"

Well I have a news flash for you, I'm not an immigrant, my parents were not immigrants, my grand parents were not immigrants and i can go on...One of my Great Great Great grandfathers fought in the civil war for the Union, he was not an immigrant...

Maybe in the past some of my ancestors may have be immigrants but I AM NOT AN IMMIGRANT...

As I first said you speak as a true liberal......

I am an American and only and American.......

Sigh, if only I gave a crap about the government and any little so called group that people call themselves. I am not under any label as you called me a liberal, good for you.

If people are getting mad that I said we are all immigrants maybe it's because you feel upset that I dared to call someone who has been here for generations an immigrant. My bad. I didn't realize people would get offensive seeing as how I too have been here a long time...

So you are an American and ONLY an American...wow, I had NO idea?!? I mean I am an American...could call myself ONLY an American...but why would I? I prefer to embrace my ENTIRE heritage.

~~~~
Thanks for the dictionary's quote, I already know the definition. No one has to agree with me when I say we are ALL immigrants. If you had to agree with me, then guess what it wouldn't be a free country. Yes according to the idiots who came up with word definitions (meaning, wrote the definition in the book) I didn't use it Properly. Who says you can't change things.

~~~~~~~
I won't sit here and bash diversity. That's just being a hypocrite, especially if anyone...meaning just about everyone, has had someone immigrate to this country in the past..or else how did most people get here...

~~~~~~~~~
I can spout off names of ancestors who fought in wars too. I see you are saying they fought for your Right to be here. Good for you. Mine fought too and I don't see how that gives me the right.
~~~~~~~~
Diversity can't work when people come together moaning that they are losing American. Instead the younger generation such as myself, will laugh hysterically tell others, and step over that crowd when the time is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 02:48 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,773,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
texasborn, please stop labeling him. There's nothing necessarily wrong with being a liberal. What is wrong is intellectual dishonesty (and altering definitions is intellectually dishonest). Let's avoid name calling. I'm sure there are some issues where you and I both agree with Uriah.
I would think calling me an immigrant is labeling and name calling too....and liberal is not a cuss word and they like being called liberal....And I happen to think there is something wrong with being a liberal.....

Old 05-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I would think calling me an immigrant is labeling and name calling too....and liberal is not a cuss word and they like being called liberal....And I happen to think there is something wrong with being a liberal.....
No i don't think calling some one a liberal is a cuss word. Although it would be nice to actually KNOW if the person was a liberal. I am sorry if calling you an immigrant is offensive to you. I never said you had to agree with me. If you don't like my words, then please feel free not to respond to them.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Are all you republican conservatives, Nazi racist hillbillies? Unfortunately I think the answer is yes, the fact that their is a thread called the dark side of diversity is proof enough, and simply comical. So basically if you had your way this whole country would be nothing but white republicans am I correct? Now that really would be Hell. I think someone other idiot had an idea like that, and his name was Hitler, but then again you hillbillies have another Hitler running the white house today now don't you? Feel free to retort, as you bow down and pray to the alter of your holy dark lord George(I wish I could spell the names of half of the countries I terrorize)Bush!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Sigh, if only I gave a crap about the government and any little so called group that people call themselves. I am not under any label as you called me a liberal, good for you.

If people are getting mad that I said we are all immigrants maybe it's because you feel upset that I dared to call someone who has been here for generations an immigrant. My bad. I didn't realize people would get offensive seeing as how I too have been here a long time...

So you are an American and ONLY an American...wow, I had NO idea?!? I mean I am an American...could call myself ONLY an American...but why would I? I prefer to embrace my ENTIRE heritage.

~~~~
Thanks for the dictionary's quote, I already know the definition. No one has to agree with me when I say we are ALL immigrants. If you had to agree with me, then guess what it wouldn't be a free country. Yes according to the idiots who came up with word definitions (meaning, wrote the definition in the book) I didn't use it Properly. Who says you can't change things.

~~~~~~~
I won't sit here and bash diversity. That's just being a hypocrite, especially if anyone...meaning just about everyone, has had someone immigrate to this country in the past..or else how did most people get here...

~~~~~~~~~
I can spout off names of ancestors who fought in wars too. I see you are saying they fought for your Right to be here. Good for you. Mine fought too and I don't see how that gives me the right.
~~~~~~~~
Diversity can't work when people come together moaning that they are losing American. Instead the younger generation such as myself, will laugh hysterically tell others, and step over that crowd when the time is right.

You even quoted my post yet 90% of your reply has nothing to do with what I said....

"So you are an American and ONLY an American...wow, I had NO idea?!? I mean I am an American...could call myself ONLY an American...but why would I? I prefer to embrace my ENTIRE heritage."

My family has been here for over 200 years and like I said some of them were immigrants but after that long I could be nothing but an American. And the only heritage I know and millions of others know is that they are American

"I can spout off names of ancestors who fought in wars too. I see you are saying they fought for your Right to be here. Good for you. Mine fought too and I don't see how that gives me the right."

I gave no names...And how do you read into what I said about the civil war as fighting for my rights....My right to be here is that I served in the military myself for your right to be here. Did you serve ?

"Diversity can't work when people come together moaning that they are losing American. Instead the younger generation such as myself, will laugh hysterically tell others, and step over that crowd when the time is right."

Diversity does not work for everyone and it is the right for each to choose if they want it....And the only younger generation that I think have the right to speak of stepping over anything are the young men and women serving our country today....You will have to earn the right to even to try to step over me.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:18 PM

186 posts, read 353,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
This is very idealistic. It does not work in practice. The reason Americans got along in the past is because the population was much lower. We are now overpopulated. That's a major source of the violence. Humans are violent, by nature. It's what we are.
When did Americans get along in the past?? It wasn't until.......mmmmmmmmm....let's see until right now in the present where people are starting to get along. Just thirty years ago a black person was still called a "ni*&" while walking down the street. I think we are progressing not digressing.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetikjustiss View Post
Are all you republican conservatives, Nazi racist hillbillies? Unfortunately I think the answer is yes, the fact that their is a thread called the dark side of diversity is proof enough, and simply comical. So basically if you had your way this whole country would be nothing but white republicans am I correct? Now that really would be Hell. I think someone other idiot had an idea like that, and his name was Hitler, but then again you hillbillies have another Hitler running the white house today now don't you? Feel free to retort, as you bow down and pray to the alter of your holy dark lord George(I wish I could spell the names of half of the countries I terrorize)Bush!
Thanks, you just proved my point about liberals..The only thing I said that could be used as name calling was "liberal" but look at the names you used for republicans...Again liberals thanks for proving my point about liberals..

Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
You even quoted my post yet 90% of your reply has nothing to do with what I said....

"So you are an American and ONLY an American...wow, I had NO idea?!? I mean I am an American...could call myself ONLY an American...but why would I? I prefer to embrace my ENTIRE heritage."

My family has been here for over 200 years and like I said some of them were immigrants but after that long I could be nothing but an American. And the only heritage I know and millions of others know is that they are American

"I can spout off names of ancestors who fought in wars too. I see you are saying they fought for your Right to be here. Good for you. Mine fought too and I don't see how that gives me the right."

I gave no names...And how do you read into what I said about the civil war as fighting for my rights....My right to be here is that I served in the military myself for your right to be here. Did you serve ?

"Diversity can't work when people come together moaning that they are losing American. Instead the younger generation such as myself, will laugh hysterically tell others, and step over that crowd when the time is right."

Diversity does not work for everyone and it is the right for each to choose if they want it....And the only younger generation that I think have the right to speak of stepping over anything are the young men and women serving our country today....You will have to earn the right to even to try to step over me.
Ok so you basically said that you served in the military for our rights to be here, I don't think so. You had nothing to do with our rights to be here period. You signed up for the military for yourself, and for your own reasons whatever they may be, did any of us ask you to do it, if anything I wold tell someone to never to do it. I know you think because you served in the military you have some kind of god given right to think you're better than us mere peons, but please feel free to get over yourself. And please don't take this as a personal attack, but when someone tells me that they are responsible for my right to be here, I take great offense.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Ok so you basically said that you served in the military for our rights to be here, I don't think so. You had nothing to do with our rights to be here period. You signed up for the military for yourself, and for your own reasons whatever they may be, did any of us ask you to do it, if anything I wold tell someone to never to do it. I know you think because you served in the military you have some kind of god given right to think you're better than us mere peons, but please feel free to get over yourself. And please don't take this as a personal attack, but when someone tells me that they are responsible for my right to be here, I take great offense.

I will stand up and say, Yes I did serve for your right to speak out here on this forum...go to China if you don't like that the military helps to protect your freedom...you'd have lots of freedom there..

I signed up for the military because I was and I am proud to be an American and I know that the military will be there to defend your freedoms as Americans..

"We serve because Freedom is not free and some of us may have to die so that others may enjoy their Freedom"

And again a liberals freedom to speak out was protected....

I didn't need you or anyone to ask me to serve. And I would do it again..

Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,758,025 times
Quote:
What?

Are you questioning the roles of those who have served their country, fought and died for this country, for the freedoms you now enjoy as a citizen of this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration