Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:45 PM

28 posts, read 55,479 times

Advertisements

[quote=texanborn;664660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetikjustiss View Post
"Ya know, I know that this is like some huge republican gathering place here, where you can all just spew out your propaganda and all agree with each other and everything is all fine and dandy, and when someone comes in and challenges your fundamentalist ideals, you all go insane, and start glaring into the computer and pounding on your keyboard, which is amusing to say the least. But to get to your question, I never asked anyone to sign up for the military and "fight for my rights" as you put it, and I never would, and no I'm not against the soldiers, I'm against the war, maybe you've heard that one before. What I do know is I've seen people come back from war not even the same people, and many of them hated every second of being in the military, but alas needed the money, and saw no other option. The sad part is how many soldiers have come back from war with mental disorders? How many have come back and committed domestic assault? How many have come back and committed murder? I mean heck it's what they're trained to do right?"[/QUOTE

I have family that has served in Iraq and were in Baghdad and have met others returning from the mid east and have yet to meet one that was not proud to have served their country.....You need to stand up and thank them for allowing you to spew your hate for them...because your hate for them is showing here......
Hate? You guys kill me, seriously. Unlike you I don't hate, I have no reason to. I think you need to go back and re-read what I said about not being against the soldiers, but being against the war. I mean how many people on here can actually say with a straight face that they are pro-war? And as far as hate, how many slick little racist comments and threads have there been made on this forum, and you want to talk about hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 04:46 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,772,895 times
Quote:
I think maybe you should do the same, you prove my point pretty much every time you type one word on this forum, and why is it you conservatives like to label people so badly? You guys just love separating people don't you?

I never labeled you a liberal....you choose to be a liberal and you are the one calling it a label, not I ....

Old 05-03-2007, 04:46 PM

1,247 posts, read 928,484 times
All this talk about the war is off-topic.

And texasborn, you started the labeling earlier in this thread. You called Uriah a liberal. It's on page 2. Just admit it and move on.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post

And texasborn, you started the labeling earlier in this thread. You called Uriah a liberal. It's on page 2. Just admit it and move on.
Thank you I was about to say the same thing

Old 05-03-2007, 04:52 PM

[quote=poetikjustiss;664695]
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post

Hate? You guys kill me, seriously. Unlike you I don't hate, I have no reason to. I think you need to go back and re-read what I said about not being against the soldiers, but being against the war. I mean how many people on here can actually say with a straight face that they are pro-war? And as far as hate, how many slick little racist comments and threads have there been made on this forum, and you want to talk about hate.

There you go again....no one here has said they are prowar.....I have not read one racist comment here...liberal name calling again, ...And your dislike for the troops shows thru by what you have said.....and I'm not the only one that sees it....

Old 05-03-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you I was about to say the same thing

You can't label someone by using what they call them self..But I will start using Democrat instead.....if that's ok...

Old 05-03-2007, 04:56 PM

[quote=texanborn;664738]
Quote:

There you go again....no one here has said they are prowar.....I have not read one racist comment here...liberal name calling again, ...And your dislike for the troops shows thru by what you have said.....and I'm not the only one that sees it....
Please. This thread in itself is racist "The Dark side of Diversity", come on! Not to mention the numerous others I've seen on this forum. And I love the whole "liberal name calling" comment, thanks again for the labeling. The comment about anyone being pro-war was a legitimate question, and I've love to here some answers. But like it was posted earlier, that's a bit off-topic, maybe another thread perhaps.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post

labeling started on page one...."you people" "white men"

And yes I admit Uriah is a liberal...

Old 05-03-2007, 05:05 PM

[quote=Uriah;664764]
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post

Please. This thread in itself is racist "The Dark side of Diversity", come on! Not to mention the numerous others I've seen on this forum. And I love the whole "liberal name calling" comment, thanks again for the labeling. The comment about anyone being pro-war was a legitimate question, and I've love to here some answers. But like it was posted earlier, that's a bit off-topic, maybe another thread perhaps.
LOL. I'v been called worse.....then a liberal....LOL

I'm not pro-war, I'm pro-military, support the troops...they are there for us no matter what some think...

Last edited by texanborn; 05-03-2007 at 05:52 PM..

Old 05-04-2007, 03:17 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,471,902 times
There is a Dark Side to Diversity. Personally I think the word sounds like dirt in my ears and I always feel like spitting when I say it. Our ancestors came to America for a new life and those that followed dreamed of the greatest dream, being an American. The immigrants of today do not want to acclimate but make demands that we adjust to their culture! Try going to any country of any immigrant and make those kind of demands. You would likely be hinging from some lamp post. In fact it was recently in the news that Mexicans are the least likely to give up their Mexican citizenship. Most of these new immigrants have and probably never will have any loyalty to this country. United we stand, divided we fall. The oldest and most effective strength any people, nation our country could have. When it came to loyalty and standing up for America, there was no diversity, it was all for one and one for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration