Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 12:46 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Losing our status as what? As the world's flophouse? As the country that is expected to endlessly hand over huge sums of money to needy countries only to watch it disappear to waste and corruption? As the country who everyone relies on to provide the lion's share of the assistance in any overseas disaster, only to turn around and hear about how much the rest of the world hates us? The country who is forever involved in trying to settle Hatfield and McCoy type feuds in some remote part of the world? The country who maintains a very expensive military so the countries in Europe don't have to?

The Chinese want to be the World's Superpower? Let 'em! Let them have the Title and wear it with pride. Let them be the one all these losers who never quite seem to be able to get their act together go to. I am sick of this crap.
The world's flophouse? Yes, because we are so pure hearted and kind that we let other nations take advantage of us. We have done kind acts. But, kindness does not go unrewarded...or rather there are deep strings with our kindness. We help nations when is is beneficial, use it as a PR campaign to continue our atrocities, all in the name of liberation. We help in the Middle East, flaunt the help, then continue our wars.

Europe has armies, and uses them in MANY international events. It just seems to me that you really only see things from one perspective.

Is it good that we help nations? Yes. However, we sometimes do so for the wrong reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 01:36 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The world's flophouse? Yes, because we are so pure hearted and kind that we let other nations take advantage of us. We have done kind acts. But, kindness does not go unrewarded...or rather there are deep strings with our kindness. We help nations when is is beneficial, use it as a PR campaign to continue our atrocities, all in the name of liberation. We help in the Middle East, flaunt the help, then continue our wars.

Europe has armies, and uses them in MANY international events. It just seems to me that you really only see things from one perspective.
The simple fact of the matter is that we have a much larger standing military than the EU. We have 11 active duty aircraft carriers. UK has two, France, Italy and Spain each have one. If it were to hit the fan in the EU, who do you think they are going to call? (hint; not the Ghostbusters)

Quote:
Is it good that we help nations? Yes. However, we sometimes do so for the wrong reasons.
If we are that terrible,then we should keep our noses out of other country's business and concentrate on solving our own problems right here. If all of our help comes with strings attached, then the countries in need of assistance would do best to look elsewhere for aid.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Losing our status as what? As the world's flophouse? As the country that is expected to endlessly hand over huge sums of money to needy countries only to watch it disappear to waste and corruption? As the country who everyone relies on to provide the lion's share of the assistance in any overseas disaster, only to turn around and hear about how much the rest of the world hates us? The country who is forever involved in trying to settle Hatfield and McCoy type feuds in some remote part of the world? The country who maintains a very expensive military so the countries in Europe don't have to? The country that develops ways to improve crop yields and exports this knowledge to Third World countries only to find that 10 years later they are once again in the exact same malnutrition situation because they have failed to reduce their fertility rate?

The Chinese want to be the World's Superpower? Let 'em! Let them have the Title and wear it with pride. Let them be the one all these losers who never quite seem to be able to get their act together go to. I am sick of this crap.
You know that and I know that; but, multiculturalists will tend to disagree with common sense

Old 09-27-2009, 01:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Guys, this is really getting off topic.

Thank you to everyone who has been replying though.

I do feel that we have several alternatives here. Either make the illegals who are here legal and make them pay taxes. Then secure borders.

Or deport them all.

What would you do or offer?

Old 09-27-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Guys, this is really getting off topic.

Thank you to everyone who has been replying though.

I do feel that we have several alternatives here. Either make the illegals who are here legal and make them pay taxes. Then secure borders.

Or deport them all.

What would you do or offer?
Deport the the illegals; their atrocious behavior during their illegal 'immigrants' rights' marches May 2006 unmasked them as the insolent losers they are.

Frankly; we have enough criminals here and rewarding illegal aliens for breaking US law is a slap in the face.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You know that and I know that; but, multiculturalists will tend to disagree with common sense
That's not common sense. It's delusion, but common sense. Yeah it has strayed off topic, but in a way this is all related to the origins of immigration. It shows that really what is occurring in our national discourse is that many people are unnerved by the prospect of changing demographics. Or they are simply misinformed. In the large scheme of things, they wish for things to remain as constant as possible. Progress is sacrificed for archaic ideals.

Amnesty for illegal immigrants. This is coming from somebody whose parents immigrated properly. This is coming from a person who was not born in the US. I feel that going through the hassles of immigrating to this country should teach us that this is not a fraternity where hazing is justified just because others before went through it...rather it is a nation in which we seek to continually better ourselves and hopefully inspire change in the world.

AZBear, even anti-illegal immigrant protesters have "atrocious" behavior. I've on both sides of the debate. Most of the time I try to find middle ground with both sides. This has worked only once...where me and a few other friends talked to PRO-ILLEGAL protesters and found that there is a middle ground to be have. There are those, like you, that believe that there is only black and white. We know that this is a bad way to conduct national policy.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
The simple fact of the matter is that we have a much larger standing military than the EU. We have 11 active duty aircraft carriers. UK has two, France, Italy and Spain each have one. If it were to hit the fan in the EU, who do you think they are going to call? (hint; not the Ghostbusters)

If we are that terrible,then we should keep our noses out of other country's business and concentrate on solving our own problems right here. If all of our help comes with strings attached, then the countries in need of assistance would do best to look elsewhere for aid.
Military industrial complex, multi-national corporations, essentially coca-cola-colonies...

Western aid in general comes with strings attached. The truth of the matter is the West has a lot at stake for continuing the current power structure. Don't get defensive, just realize that we owe much to the evils that occur. That's all.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Military industrial complex, multi-national corporations, essentially coca-cola-colonies...

Western aid in general comes with strings attached. The truth of the matter is the West has a lot at stake for continuing the current power structure. Don't get defensive, just realize that we owe much to the evils that occur. That's all.
'We'? There must be a mouse in your pocket; trust me, with little exception----------there is nothing that only the Third World supplies that would be of interest to me.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM

60 posts, read 217,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I wish we had more citizens of color like you who would make a stand against illegal immigration. When whites make a stand we are automatically branded as racist and uncaring. Whites have pretty much thrown in the towel and conceded America to Mexico.

Count me in. I am black, or half black/white anyway. I wholeheartedly support what liberalVoice had to say.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineCountry View Post
Count me in. I am black, or half black/white anyway. I wholeheartedly support what liberalVoice had to say.
You are a true blue American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration