Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,911,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What you just posted is not the responsibility of the US or local/state governments.

It is high time to mandate that English be the official language of the USA--------China and Mexico be damned.
It all comes back down to data accuracy. That's the most important thing here. Is it that hard to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,773,761 times
Puerto Rico (and the millions of descendants of Puerto Ricanos).
I leave it to the reader to figure out why that is relevant to this conversation.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:14 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Puerto Rico (and the millions of descendants of Puerto Ricanos).
I leave it to the reader to figure out why that is relevant to this conversation.
All Puerto Ricans are US citizens.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:59 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,574,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
So we will pay contractors for a bloated public works project that will be constructed by illegal immigrants anyways (border wall?). Then we spend the money on the oh-so-"legal" defense industry in order to militarize and "protect" the border. All of this so that the average illegal immigrant will not get a paycheck.

Not to mention that the OP was upset only the fact that there were Spanish census forms. Why is it in this forum? Well, by placing it here, it kind of reinforces a negative stereotype that Hispanics don't assimilate.
No, the OP is not upset because the forms are being printed in Spanish. The OP is upset because our government is spending $26 million of OUR tax dollars to accommodate a primarily illegal population.

You pro-illegals keep telling us how well Hispanics have assimilated. If true, why is there such an unprecedented need for language accommodation? I’ll tell you why – because the vast majority of illegal aliens do not speak English. This is simply part of the campaign to encourage illegals to participate in the 2010 census. You do remember why they are pressuring Napolitano to stop the raids and deportations for the census, don’t you? Without counting illegals, certain districts won’t get those ‘extra’ congressional seats. We can’t have that, can we?

Quote:
WASHINGTON - The Census Bureau wants immigration agents to suspend enforcement raids during the 2010 census so the government can better count illegal immigrants.
Census wants halt in immigrant raids - Life- msnbc.com

Quote:
Some Hispanic advocacy groups are calling for illegal immigrants to boycott the 2010 Census unless immigration laws are changed. The move puts them at odds with leading immigrant rights advocates and creates another hurdle in the Census Bureau's quest to count everyone in the USA

Similar grass-roots campaigns are unfolding in Arizona and New Mexico to protest state and local crackdowns on illegal immigrants. Asking immigrants to be counted without giving them a chance to become legal residents counters church teachings, says the Rev. Miguel Rivera, president of the Latino religious coalition.
Hispanic groups call for Census boycott - USATODAY.com

Old 10-09-2009, 03:08 PM

247 posts, read 380,221 times
WHY are they even letting someone that's ILLEGAL take the damned census in the first place? The census is for AMERICANS not for someone that snuck over here in the middle of the night.

Before anyone decides to paint me with the racist or illegal hater's brush -- I AM black, white, Mexican, and Chinese.

My Family however, came here LEGALLY. So should the rest of them or they need to be sent back to where they came from.

Other countries, including Mexico send those entering the country illegally, back to their country of origin. So why pray tell does everyone in the world feel like they can sneak across America's borders, demand services that should be given only to citizens, and then have the f'ing gall to scream about their rights?!

If you're here illegally, you DO NOT have any rights under OUR Constitution! I'm of Mexican heritage but I've never been there. If I snuck into Mexico they'd arrest me and send me back to the USA. Think I could get away with demanding services, handouts, or screaming about the rights I am entitled to under the Constitution of Mexico? Hell no. They'd laugh at my ass and then arrest me, and send me back to the US.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ho View Post
WHY are they even letting someone that's ILLEGAL take the damned census in the first place? The census is for AMERICANS not for someone that snuck over here in the middle of the night.

Before anyone decides to paint me with the racist or illegal hater's brush -- I AM black, white, Mexican, and Chinese.

My Family however, came here LEGALLY. So should the rest of them or they need to be sent back to where they came from.

Other countries, including Mexico send those entering the country illegally, back to their country of origin. So why pray tell does everyone in the world feel like they can sneak across America's borders, demand services that should be given only to citizens, and then have the f'ing gall to scream about their rights?!

If you're here illegally, you DO NOT have any rights under OUR Constitution! I'm of Mexican heritage but I've never been there. If I snuck into Mexico they'd arrest me and send me back to the USA. Think I could get away with demanding services, handouts, or screaming about the rights I am entitled to under the Constitution of Mexico? Hell no. They'd laugh at my ass and then arrest me, and send me back to the US.
You know that and I know that-----------try telling that to the illegal aliens and their enabler losers.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:54 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,911,130 times
No, the OP is not upset because the forms are being printed in Spanish. The OP is upset because our government is spending $26 million of OUR tax dollars to accommodate a primarily illegal population.

Which the only proof is that they forms are printed in Spanish.
So you are upset that the forms are printed in Spanish.

You pro-illegals keep telling us how well Hispanics have assimilated. If true, why is there such an unprecedented need for language accommodation? I’ll tell you why – because the vast majority of illegal aliens do not speak English. This is simply part of the campaign to encourage illegals to participate in the 2010 census. You do remember why they are pressuring Napolitano to stop the raids and deportations for the census, don’t you? Without counting illegals, certain districts won’t get those ‘extra’ congressional seats. We can’t have that, can we?

Because there is an unprecendted number of first generation immigrants. It's pretty much like there was an unprecendted number of first generation German immigrants that did not speak English. It mostly goes back to appropriation of funds as well. This is so we don't have overcrowded social services. What's wrong with representation to correleates to the actual population? That's a good thing...

Old 10-09-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Because there is an unprecendted number of first generation immigrants. It's pretty much like there was an unprecendted number of first generation German immigrants that did not speak English. It mostly goes back to appropriation of funds as well. This is so we don't have overcrowded social services. What's wrong with representation to correleates to the actual population? That's a good thing...

What type of pro-illegal indoctrination have you received? Clearly, anyone with average intelligence would realize ‘why’ the forms are being printed in Spanish. The government isn’t even trying to hide the fact that they want to count illegal aliens. If we have 20+ million illegals in this country, and Spanish is the language of the vast majority, it’s not rocket science.

Quote:
The Census Bureau wants immigration agents to suspend enforcement raids during the 2010 census so the government can better count illegal immigrants.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Show me where voting ballots were printed in German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish (outside of Puerto Rico) or any other language aside from English 100 years ago?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Correction: We have an unprecedented number of Spanish-speaking illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration