Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 06:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post
They are more american than most people in this country.
Black people have always had sympathy for other minorities, because of the common denominators, if you get my point.
Funny; more and more American Blacks are becoming openly hostile towards illegal aliens.

Quote:
The only True Americans in this nation are the Native Americans, and unless you have indian blood in your veins you are also an immigrant and your ancestors were probably here illegally also.

For some strange reason certain people think they own this country or have a sense of entitlement which is totally false and very ignorant.
Try again. American Indians originated in E Africa like the rest of us human beings. Besides; they came in different waves as well so there was conflict between earlier and later groups. As for the Euros; they were simply a group of bigger and badder 'Indians'.

Needless to say: the above is in the past and the USA (and Mexico, etc.) is a sovereign nation and has the right to control its borders. If it means disabling Mexico to stop illegal immigration and the drug wars-----------so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:57 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Black people have always had sympathy for other minorities, because of the common denominators, if you get my point.
The only True Americans in this nation are the Native Americans, and unless you have indian blood in your veins you are also an immigrant and your ancestors were probably here illegally also.

For some strange reason certain people think they own this country or have a sense of entitlement which is totally false and very ignorant.
Would you care to explain how members of the CBC are “more” American than “most” in this country?

Black people have always had sympathy for other minorities? Really? Would they be the same “minorities” that show such utter disdain for blacks? Would they also be the same “minorities” who choose to distance themselves from blacks due to their supremacist mindset? Do tell.

Your last sentence describes illegal aliens to a T.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:

The native indians migrated here just like everyone else. This country belongs to anyone who is a citizen of this country and no one else. Is that a sense of entitlement? Then I guess every citizen of every country in the world has a sense of entitlement, right?

No, my ancestors didn't come here illegally. Most Americans today are not immigrants either, they were born here.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 PM

332 posts, read 644,113 times
Quote:
Funny; more and more American Blacks are becoming openly hostile towards illegal aliens.
So if Joe Arpaio ran for governor of Arizona, what percentage of the Black vote in Arizona do you think he would get ?

Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 PM

332 posts, read 644,113 times
Quote:
Those Blacks are in the minority.
Polls, leaders say many blacks support illegal immigrants - SFGate - Page 2 (http://articles.sfgate.com/2006-04-13/news/17291495_1_illegal-immigrants-field-poll-major-black-organizations/2 - broken link)

"The Field Poll in California released Wednesday showed 82 percent of blacks support offering undocumented workers the opportunity to become citizens,"

Old 03-27-2010, 04:49 PM

264 posts, read 457,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
My guess is that anyone here who hasn't witnessed the open hostility between Blacks and new arrived Mestizos in the U.S. probably lives in a gated community somewhere out in the suburbs.

According to a recent nationwide Zobgy poll,
"Only 30 percent of African Americans support conditional legalization"

If you're interested in this aspect of illegal immigration, here's an interesting article written from the viewpoint of an African American:

Are there jobs Americans won’t do? - Opinion - Macon.com (http://www.macon.com/2010/03/14/1057490/are-there-jobs-americans-wont.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comme nts_Container - broken link)

Old 03-27-2010, 05:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Would you care to explain how members of the CBC are “more” American than “most” in this country?

Black people have always had sympathy for other minorities? Really? Would they be the same “minorities” that show such utter disdain for blacks? Would they also be the same “minorities” who choose to distance themselves from blacks due to their supremacist mindset? Do tell.

Your last sentence describes illegal aliens to a T.
Exactly! I wish that we didn't have to even have this discussion, but the truth is the truth and reality is reality. Where I am from (a place with a previous surge of illegal immigration at one point and a milder continued influx), black people are more than aware of the effects of illegal immigration on the black population here. Also, the illegal immigrants and even legal ones just came into the low-income neighborhoods and ruined a lot of things. That's something that those former residents didn't really appreciate. Also, the tension between the Hispanic youth and the black youth doesn't help things. It's not too much of an issue until something comes up, but in the open and public, the two groups don't really communicate very well. For one, there are language differences and a lot of the Hispanics around here refuse to learn or speak English. I speak fluent Spanish as a black woman, so I have no problem with that, but, culturally and socially speaking, that is adding to the differences. The perception of illegal immigrants over the years in the United States hasn't helped either.

So, I can agree with and stand behind what people are saying here: black people, in my experience, in my area, for the most part, really don't "support" illegal immigrants. I won't repeat the things that I have heard said and it isn't vulgar or anything like that, but it isn't something that I feel will add anything to this discussion, but let's just say that black people do feel that illegal immigrants are coming here and taking away from black people. There is definite tension there and like someone else said, a lot of these immigrants come from countries that view black people as monkeys and have that attitude that was so common in the US at one point.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
Black leaders and politicians are for Amnesty because they are Democrats first. Same reason they are for gay marriage, which was voted down in California because so many blacks were against it. They clearly don't represent blacks.

I can remember when Jesse Jackson was against abortion because he thought it would be used to exterminate African-Americans. He quickly changed his tune on that to align himself with Democratic party principles.
Hallelujah! PREACH!

Old 03-27-2010, 09:45 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
Quote:
And we all know life began in Africa.
Interesting point. So the Ku Klux Klan is basically comprised of Africans busily spreading a message of hate toward THEMSELVES? And anti-illegal anglo Africans are angry that illegal Hispanic Africans keep trying to cross the border into the USA, where they plan to take jobs from the Africans who already migrated here legally?

You take all the fun out of hate and racism. You make the whole "illegal" controversy sound dull. But, looking at the bright side, if we're all Africans, then I suppose it isn't really "wrong" when we oppose illegals, since we're really only opposing ourselves.

I'm going to hang up my 'Minute Men' robes and take up golf. This whole immigration thing has me confused.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
Quote:

My spouse is an American Indian. She's lived here over 15,000 years..probably more.

Thank God, she doesn't look half that old.

As far as I know, she arrived here from Asia, legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration