Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 04:41 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,142 times

Advertisements

The issue at hand, is 'counting' illegal aliens, rather than forcing them to leave. They need to go, period.

How do you propose this?

The citizens of this country are going to have to get off their butts and show these greedy employers that we are tired of them using us to support their cheap illegal labor. If they insist on employing them, we need to seriously boycott. Money is the only thing they understand.

Don’t tell me it can’t be done, because the Montgomery bus boycotts damn sure did change the ‘back of the bus’ policies for blacks. If poor black people, including the elderly, were willing to walk miles, rather than ride the bus, why can’t we refuse to patronize companies known to hire illegals? If we continue to sit idly by and do nothing, we deserve whatever fate awaits us.

Not at all the same...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 04:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Okay, in many districts/regions, illegal immigrants use the same places as legal citizens. Schools, hopsitals, etc...So if you don't have accurate data, funds going towards these programs are not enough. This is where we get into problems.
They can’t allocate what they don’t have. The money isn’t there. Being forced to provide a tax-funded education for illegals is only compounding the problem. We’re broke! If they want to attend schools in this country, their parents should be required to pay. We certainly couldn’t live illegally in Mexico and have the Mexican citizens pay for our children.

Quote:
Again, see the first part. Plus, with only 3-4% of the population, illegal immigrants statistically can't make a majority in many areas. So illegal immigrants may contribute some, but the problem always goes back to other factors (the huge gap between rich and poor, the overall lack of services in poorer communities).
Our country is suffering through a recession, and millions of citizens are unemployed. The days of having surplus funds are gone. I’m sorry, but our obligation is to the citizens of this country, not to foreign invaders.

Quote:
Not really. This recession has shown us that MOST illegal immigrants will stay. Many have their roots here, more so than back at their country of origin. There will always also be a black market for cheap labor. So instead of putting our resources to good use, our money will go towards poor public policy and really be a waste.
Illegals remain during this recession because many are living off of U.S. taxpayers. We need to stop ALL services, other than bona fide emergency medical treatment. I’m sorry, they have to go. The party is over.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
The issue at hand, is 'counting' illegal aliens, rather than forcing them to leave. They need to go, period.

How do you propose this?

The citizens of this country are going to have to get off their butts and show these greedy employers that we are tired of them using us to support their cheap illegal labor. If they insist on employing them, we need to seriously boycott. Money is the only thing they understand.

Don’t tell me it can’t be done, because the Montgomery bus boycotts damn sure did change the ‘back of the bus’ policies for blacks. If poor black people, including the elderly, were willing to walk miles, rather than ride the bus, why can’t we refuse to patronize companies known to hire illegals? If we continue to sit idly by and do nothing, we deserve whatever fate awaits us.

Not at all the same...
How is it different?

Old 10-16-2009, 04:47 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How is it different?
Answer my question first...

Old 10-16-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Answer my question first...
By any means necessary.

When upwards of 20 million foreigners live in a country against the will of the people, we have essentially been invaded. Should we simply acquiesce to their demands? Or, should we fight for what is ours? No other country would allow this to happen.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:52 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Isn't the census supposed to be a scientific excersise? It would seem like if it was to get an accurate result you would count everyone. Seems like grandstanding to me.
This. It's not a question of how many people should be in the country but how many people are in the country.

Besides, identifying and assessing the extent of a problem is the first rational step in trying to solve it, not that I really think the commitment's there. Too many special interests on all sides involved.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:54 PM

97 posts, read 116,837 times
Illegals should not be counted they not suppose to be here at all. The left want them counted in hope that blue states like California can gain seats in congress to off set the seats red states are going to get, Texas up to 5 seats , Fl 2 NC 2. If they get them counted California may get up to 9. With the illegal problem we have it is a good idea to start asking if people are here llegaly

Old 10-16-2009, 04:58 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
With the illegal problem we have it is a good idea to start asking if people are here llegaly
If I came and knocked on your door and asked you if you were smoking crack before you answered the door, would you tell me if you were?

Old 10-16-2009, 05:01 PM

97 posts, read 116,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
If I came and knocked on your door and asked you if you were smoking crack before you answered the door, would you tell me if you were?
Never hurts to ask.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
If they can't produce valid I.D. then the answer would be obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration