Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times

Advertisements

No but the illegals are criminals as they are breakling the laws of this couhntry. Those weho aid them are also aiding criminals.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:18 AM

776 posts, read 1,276,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We are talking about illegal aliens here in the USA, not some racist agenda.
What are you really fishing for?
The point is, some of the anti-illegal alien groups seem to come mighty close to hate groups. Have you ever stopped to wonder whether any of these groups are hate groups?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So do brown supremists.
Apparently my first response to your post hurt your feelings. So, even though your post has little to do with this thread, I will rephrase my response so it doesn’t upset you any further:

What is a brown supremacist? Is there any such thing as this? Do they dress and act in the same manner as white supremacists—wearing bedsheets of the same color as their own race, and burning symbolic crosses in the front lawns of people who they consider inferior because they are of a different race? Or are you merely using the term "brown supremacist" in jest. Like my previous response—a jest that was deemed unacceptable?

Last edited by monkey cabal; 11-03-2009 at 05:37 AM..

Old 11-03-2009, 05:28 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
One of the first ones, Border Patrol, is comprised of a large Latino employee base. Since areas like the mid east are tribal and fight among themselves I guess Latinos could hate Latinos along with every ethnic group that make up that list (though most aren't a race). Their gangs seem good at it.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
In today's PC world, defining "hate" is next to impossible...therefore, the term 'hate group' could mean just about anything someone wanted it to. Are these groups 'hate groups'? Some insist they are.
Yes, hate is hard to define. What is hate? This is a hate:

Quote:
A Lecompte man pleaded guilty today to firing three shots from a shotgun at the home of three Hispanic men and, after they fled, entering the home and setting a fire that burned it to the ground. article
This is an excerpt from an article cited in the OP article. I get the impression that many of the people from the 11 groups list above support this sort of activity. Does this hit home with anyone?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Are you talking about anti-immigration or anti-illegal immigration? There is a major difference between the two.
Again, I don't think the article makes a distinction between the two. And I really don't know much about the 11 groups on this list. But I suspect they are all anti-illegal immigration, and probably many of them are anti-immigration as well.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
"The tax-exempt SPLC flunked an audit by the Arlington-based Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance, which requires that "a reasonable percentage, at least 50 percent of total income from all sources, should be applied to programs and activities directly related to the purposes for which the organization exists." The SPLC spent 89 percent of its total income on fund-raising and administrative costs."

The SPLC seems to be staffed by a bunch of shake down artists who live high on the hog from the "donations" that they rake in.
Okay. But are the 11 groups listed in the OP hate groups?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
I guess it could be said, They hate illegal entry into the USA and are doing what is legal to eliminate it.

PETA is a hate group
LaRaza is a hate group.
ACLU is a hate group

If I don't like it, i guess I hate it.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I guess it could be said, They hate illegal entry into the USA and are doing what is legal to eliminate it.
What if members of these groups hate illegal entry so much that they are doing what is illegal to eliminate it?

Quote:
PETA is a hate group
LaRaza is a hate group.
ACLU is a hate group
Hate groups? I did not know this.

Quote:
If I don't like it, i guess I hate it.
Oh my. What are you saying? Are you coming out of the closet?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
These groups generally attack immigrants as individuals, rather than merely disagreeing with immigration policy. Some have close ties to white supremacist ideas, groups and individuals.
In other words, we should not feel disdain for the individual who made a conscious decision to violate our laws; we should simply disagree with the law the criminal broke.

Furthermore, don’t we generally oppose criminals on an individual basis? Moreover, illegal aliens are not immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration