Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:26 AM

776 posts, read 1,276,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, we should not feel disdain for the individual who made a conscious decision to violate our laws; we should simply disagree with the law the criminal broke.
It seems worse to me to break into the poor guy's house, blow it full of holes with a shotgun, and then set it on fire. But maybe it's just me that thinks this?

Quote:
Furthermore, don’t we generally oppose criminals on an individual basis?
Are people who commit hate crimes criminals too?

Quote:
Moreover, illegal aliens are not immigrants.
Aren't illegal aliens and illegal immigrants the same thing?

Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
One of the first ones, Border Patrol, is comprised of a large Latino employee base. Since areas like the mid east are tribal and fight among themselves I guess Latinos could hate Latinos along with every ethnic group that make up that list (though most aren't a race). Their gangs seem good at it.
True enough. Although I don't think "tribal" disputes and gang activities (within the same race) are racially motivated.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Nope! I am familiar with most of those groups and non are anti-immigration. Some believe in immigration in controlled numbers for various sane reasons but that doesn't make them anti-immigration either.
I do not have the familiarity with these groups that you do. Still, I have my doubts about what you say. I suspect many of these groups would like to shut down immigrations either to no more than a trickle. Am I wrong about this?

Quote:
It is only the SPLC and other far left and ethnocentric groups that consider these groups as hate groups and that is only because they don't go along with their amnesty or open borders agendas.
Whether or not SPLC is a far left group--does this have any bearing on whether or not any of the eleven organizations in the OP are hate groups? Maybe the SPLC is a far left group. And maybe some of the 11 organizations they fingered are actually hate groups. Both could be true.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
All who oppose illegal immigration are considered hate mongers. Heck, we are probably on their list.
Don't laugh. You might be.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
So where in the article does it say that this man belonged to any of those so-called hate groups?
I don't think it says whether the guy was, or wasn't, in any of the groups.

Quote:
Please show proof that any of those groups would have approved of what he did. You are grasping at straws now.
That is a rather silly request. I could ask that you show proof that he wasn't--an equally silly thing to ask.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Don't flatter yourself. If you are going to point out the white supremists in this country it is only fair that the brown ones get pointed out also. What is a brown supremist? They are the same thing as a white supremist only with a different skin color/race/ethnicity. One doesn't have to wear a bedsheet to be one either. It is a mental attitude.
Ha! I think this is something you just made up. Do they have rallys and burn crosses. Can you name any? Or do they have secret identifies? Point me to a book or some articles about these mysterious brown supremists.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
True enough. Although I don't think "tribal" disputes and gang activities (within the same race) are racially motivated.
Side note: there is no Latino race----------Hispanic/Latino are political labels only which are designed to mislead.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I do not have the familiarity with these groups that you do. Still, I have my doubts about what you say. I suspect many of these groups would like to shut down immigrations either to no more than a trickle. Am I wrong about this?

That would be a bad thing how?

We need at least a generation to 'digest' our legal immigrants AKA make them assimilate to Anglo-Saxon culture before letting in significant numbers again. Illegals---------they simply need to be pitched out of the USA, period.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 PM

First, thank you for the well thought out post and expression of your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It's rather hard for me to envision any large number of people who would advocate firing shotguns at people and burning their houses down. Even your 'crosses and white sheets' example is a stretch, I'm afraid. If you seriously equate those who call for and end to illegal immigration with these odious cretins, I'm afraid you've lost me.
Haven’t we all seen pictures of the Klan rallies, and read about their results. They were large numbers of people who advocated firing shotguns and burning housed down. Weren’t they?

Quote:
My spouse shares the racial characteristics of most illegals...yet she's more opposed to them than I am. One can be opposed to something, and not be guilty of "hate". I'm opposed to the Ku Klux Klan, the Mafia, sandwiches without crusts, and dull weddings...yet I don't hate whites. I just hate what some whites do, and the way they act.
Fair enough. There are a few whites I don’t care for.

Quote:
Your attempt to bring 'hate' onto this forum has fallen on deaf ears. The connection between these groups (anti-illegals and serious 'hate') is just too tenuous to be of any credibility.
Me bring hate on this forum? ME?? Have you read any of the threads in here?

Quote:
I once had a boss we called "Little Hitler". He was about 5' 2", obnoxious, and VERY difficult to work with. Yet he never started a war, never bombed Poland, never exterminated a Jew, and never put even ONE SINGLE person in a concentration camp. He didn't even speak German. Was he REALLY a 'Hitler'? Wellllllll.......no, he honestly wasn't. We just didn't like him, and 'Hitler' was an easy description to make. We knew it wasn't a literal thing.
I’m not sure what you are trying to say. Did he have a really small mustache or something?

Quote:
Do people who express alarm at illegals really want to kill people, blow up their houses, and destroy them?....not many do, I'm afraid. If you think about it, I'm sure you'll see I'm correct. One can be opposed to something, or some behavior...even STRONGLY opposed. That doesn't mean that person is a murderous racist, nor even a SYMPATHIZER of same.
Unfortunately, I think some do.

Quote:
Of course, if it serves your purposes to continue to cite 'hate groups' as representative of everyday anti-illegals, by all means do so. Know, though, that when you do so, you give up a certain amount of your credibility.
Ha! That could only be true if I had some credibility here to begin with.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Ha! I think this is something you just made up. Do they have rallys and burn crosses. Can you name any? Or do they have secret identifies? Point me to a book or some articles about these mysterious brown supremists.
Mexica, brown pride, MEChA, etc. all qualify as Mestizo supremacy groups---------but, said individuals would need to be of American Indian/Spanish lineage. Other Mestizos a la Anglo Indians (East Indian and English/Irish/Portuguese lineage), Gypsies/Roma, would not qualify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration