Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
It is rrevelant because there are many legal immigrants in this Country that are NOW American Citizens but because they come from another Country people still refer to them as immigrants.

"America was built by Immigrants"
I can't help what "some" people say. All I am saying is that if you have citizenship papers whether by birth or naturalization you are a citizen of this country. One could say in referring to someone not born here that they are a naturalized immigrant but that still makes them a citizen of this country but no one born here is an immigrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 05:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
I am against Illegals but I am not against Immigrants that are legal.

So are you a pure American, no one in your background was ever an immigrant in both maternal or paternal side everyone in your family was born in the USA?
What is your point? All human beings originated from E Africa so every American is of immigrant stock----------including the pre Euro 'indigenous' peoples.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:33 PM

124 posts, read 249,868 times
Quote:
I am against Illegals but I am not against Immigrants that are legal.

So are you a pure American, no one in your background was ever an immigrant in both maternal or paternal side everyone in your family was born in the USA?
I am an immigrant IRISH SWEDISH guess what 3 generations all legal papers and everything. All every single one spoke and speaks english in public.
Guess what else they paid a heavy price and did everything they could to be americans. They didnt hoist the swedish flag on the top of there house without the american one. Most were in the military . SO dont gimmie I deserve it crap.

If you deserve to be here fine but act like you care. IF you already do thank you. This thing of doing what suits you not speaking the language , not participating in things acting like a little country in a country are bogus
Get along or move along. Its tough all over folks. I still work very hard and it is tough I am not sneaking into canada and claiming I am french /Canadian for insurance .......hey theres an idea . I can get ahead there

Point is this was the land of opportunity. I believe we can help many many folks . In order to help we have to put the oxygen mask on first to save ourselves. Meaning lets stop the bleeding at the borders and curb the illegal activity. Redo this messed up process to become a citzen and start over . They track me like a dog yet people eveyday using others s.s.n. to cash checks no drivers lic. they could commit a crime and walk away. Deportation is no big deal right. This is messy situation and out of control.
And just because millions did it wrong and illegal it doesnt make it right.
Yep I said it.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:37 PM

124 posts, read 249,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I can't help what "some" people say. All I am saying is that if you have citizenship papers whether by birth or naturalization you are a citizen of this country. One could say in referring to someone not born here that they are a naturalized immigrant but that still makes them a citizen of this country but no one born here is an immigrant.
This is true so we really need to stop illegal border crossing then. With this is mind if 7 million cross and have kids those 7 mil arent citizens but there 14 million kids are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration