Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Now you are telling me that ethnic quotas are better? That "Oh, too many Hispanics...I like Indians, we need more Indians. Too many Indians now, let's bring in some Asians." Sorry, but is NOT fair.
I'm not the one with screwed up rationale, you might want to look a litte closer to see who that is, check a mirror...
You have a problem with equality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 AM

124 posts, read 249,821 times
Default this has got to change

O.k so I can fly to Berlin or china using someone elses s.s. number and passport . Get a job in a kitchen , car wash etc . work for a year . At this time I become a German or Chinese citizen with rights to there health care.
I DONT THINK SO ~ I am compassionate with there position trying to make it and all. I have been to Europe . I had to have my passport at all times and prove who I was . There is also the issue of sneaking in thru Native American land down there and leaving all there garbage , stolen vehicles . Many move drugs because the stiff penalty of getting sent back is not so bad. I forgot to be an American today we are all supposed to hug and save every one and every thing.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:09 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You have a problem with equality?
You don't know the definition of equality, clearly, as exhibited in the post. If I were a company, for example, I would hire the most qualified...regardless of race. To be perfectly honest I am oppossed to racial quotas, because it is AGAINST equality. I am not opossed to helping those, irrespective of race or ethnicity, who are disadvantaged (economically or socially as the case may be).

Old 11-11-2009, 09:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
The only quotas that we should set should be based on what skills we need.
Fair is irrelevent..

Old 11-11-2009, 09:16 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The only quotas that we should set should be based on what skills we need.
Fair is irrelevent..
Wouldn't the market determine that (just as it has during this recession)? Meaning that those without the skills needed simply either went home or changed skill set.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Wouldn't the market determine that (just as it has during this recession)? Meaning that those without the skills needed simply either went home or changed skill set.
The market can determine what is needed. Then those that meet the need can apply for a VISA from their nation of origin which is what the law already calls for.
This talk on selecting immigrants based on race or origin? I don't agree with it at all.
The only measure that should matter is does the immigrant provide something which this country is in need of?
Will the immigrant be able to support themselves? In other words do they have some cash saved up?
Most countries require a healthy amount of money up front in the form of a bank account before a permenant VISA is given. I happen to agree with this approach. Thailand for example is $50,000 usd. What this does is weed out those who have a greater chance of becoming a burden.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 AM

Default the solution

not to but in on tinman conv. how are any of these ideas thoughts solutions relevant if they just come in. I live in az and they estimate 1200 to 1500 a week cross illegally . Dont we stop the bleeding before we start the surgery . Or am I off topic here

Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solow View Post
not to but in on tinman conv. how are any of these ideas thoughts solutions relevant if they just come in. I live in az and they estimate 1200 to 1500 a week cross illegally . Dont we stop the bleeding before we start the surgery . Or am I off topic here
Feel free to jump in any time..
You are correct. What we need to do and these things can be done at the same time mind you.
1. Seal the border. Use our fresh recruits out of basic and AIT matched with vets to guard the border.
2. Impose harsh penalties for anyone caught using illegal labor. I do mean anyone.
3.Harsh penalties for those who knowingly rent to or shelter illegals.
4. When caught sieze all the assets of the illegal. This to help offset the cost of deportation.
Illegals will self deport rather than be caught. They will self deport when they can no longer function in this country.
Write the new laws on acceptable criteria for immigrants as we do the rest.
This country can multi-task.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 AM

I agree . My thought was let the military practice all along there run there tanks and planes back and forth across there like its a real mission saving the rest of the world . THey might just save something like our freedom they talk about all the time.

I am not advocating killing or just target practice. Just make it difficult by having so much activity along there it is more difficult for them to move around. Were talking about a huge area with so few people.

Another thing alot of the native americans are so broke they tend to help out at times and get in trouble. Have a finders fee. Thousand bucks for every illegal turned in close to the border. Making it worth more to turn one in then smuggle them or there heroin into the usa. Pay them to help instead of baiting poor people on both sides of the border to risk it all for money.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solow View Post
I agree . My thought was let the military practice all along there run there tanks and planes back and forth across there like its a real mission saving the rest of the world . THey might just save something like our freedom they talk about all the time.

I am not advocating killing or just target practice. Just make it difficult by having so much activity along there it is more difficult for them to move around. Were talking about a huge area with so few people.

Another thing alot of the native americans are so broke they tend to help out at times and get in trouble. Have a finders fee. Thousand bucks for every illegal turned in close to the border. Making it worth more to turn one in then smuggle them or there heroin into the usa. Pay them to help instead of baiting poor people on both sides of the border to risk it all for money.
No theres an idea. A good idea at that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration