Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
exactly.

the illegal immigrants are only doing what they're allowed to do by our gov't. all blame & anger should be directed towards the gov't officials who have allowed illegal immigration to happen for years & years & years.

main street = profit
illegal immigrants = profit

there's no reason to think you are BETTER than those immigrants because you're "americans" & they're not. we're all getting screwed by the same special interest groups & yall are too busy attacking the illegal immigrants than to attack the source of the problem...THE GOV'T.
I fail to understand your statement that Americans think they are better than illegal aliens. This isn't a contest between human personality traits this is about the laws of our nation.

If you think by my post that I am only blaming our government for this mess you are badly mistaken. The blame is three-fold here. The culprits are our government, the employers AND the illegals themselves. All three are guilty of violating our laws.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM

50,351 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How would you suggest we attack the government?

Right now our only real legal recourse is voting.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Agreed, but that would change if we were able to better control immigration. Once the economy is growing again and if we were able to strictly control immigration we'd suddenly be looking at labor shortages, and then the limited numbers of immigrants we'd be letting in may not be sufficient to fill our need for labor capital.
Then we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
exactly.

the illegal immigrants are only doing what they're allowed to do by our gov't. all blame & anger should be directed towards the gov't officials who have allowed illegal immigration to happen for years & years & years.

main street = profit
illegal immigrants = profit

there's no reason to think you are BETTER than those immigrants because you're "americans" & they're not. we're all getting screwed by the same special interest groups & yall are too busy attacking the illegal immigrants than to attack the source of the problem...THE GOV'T.
I am better than a bunch of insolent criminals AKA illegal aliens----------I obey the law

Old 12-10-2009, 03:37 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,978,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am better than a bunch of insolent criminals AKA illegal aliens----------I obey the law

Thats right...Illegal aliens are lawbreaking criminal scum who do not even deserve to be here. However our corporations and elected officials are also lawbreaking scum for their complicit allowance of these illegal idiots.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 1,078 times
Default My life ruined by illegal immigrant and ICE negligence

[quote=Cruz Azul Guy;11857763]Who on here has had their life ruined and you directly attribute this to illegal immigration? I'd like to hear your story. I have heard references to this from posts on here and I find it hard to believe. I want to know whose life was ruined because their ID was stolen or because they lost their job to illegals and weren't able to find another job because illegals prevented them from doing so, etc. Please share your sad t

in 1999 an illegal alien was arrested several times and convicted of crimes in my name, appeared before an immigration judge as me TWICE and subsequently deported all in my name. My permanent residency expired in 2000 and as i tryed to renew my status it was denied and all they could tell me was that i had been deported in 99' and this is now 2001. For years i tried to get answers until giving up. It was until i was arrested in 20012 for unpaid traffic fines unawared that i was faced with deportation Ice detained me for 5 days as i pleaded that i had never been removed and it was a mistake, an immigration officer which i had pleaded to not to deport me I told her i was a single father since 2002 took mercy on me and dug thru the files and discovered that an illegal alien had used my identity and had appeared before an ins judge twice before being removed. They released me and since i have tried to resolve this matter but all they would tell me is " GET A LAWYER" knowing they are at fault. Since then my house was raided and i was unlawfully shackled in front of my family and hauled away again to the ICE detention center afraid i would be deported. After a day of detention uncertain of my and my children's future an officer came to my cell to inform me of his findings pertaining to my victimization by an identity thief. Struggling to support my children with no help from anyone due to my status and unable to afford an attorney my situation remains , i have suffered 16 years of depression and emotional distress i am torn.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:30 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,257,140 times
[quote=Victorchavz;48342646]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
in 1999 an illegal alien was arrested several times and convicted of crimes in my name, appeared before an immigration judge as me TWICE and subsequently deported all in my name. My permanent residency expired in 2000 and as i tryed to renew my status it was denied and all they could tell me was that i had been deported in 99' and this is now 2001. For years i tried to get answers until giving up. It was until i was arrested in 20012 for unpaid traffic fines unawared that i was faced with deportation Ice detained me for 5 days as i pleaded that i had never been removed and it was a mistake, an immigration officer which i had pleaded to not to deport me I told her i was a single father since 2002 took mercy on me and dug thru the files and discovered that an illegal alien had used my identity and had appeared before an ins judge twice before being removed. They released me and since i have tried to resolve this matter but all they would tell me is " GET A LAWYER" knowing they are at fault. Since then my house was raided and i was unlawfully shackled in front of my family and hauled away again to the ICE detention center afraid i would be deported. After a day of detention uncertain of my and my children's future an officer came to my cell to inform me of his findings pertaining to my victimization by an identity thief. Struggling to support my children with no help from anyone due to my status and unable to afford an attorney my situation remains , i have suffered 16 years of depression and emotional distress i am torn.
So how do you suppose said illegal got a copy of all your id's and other information in order to impersonate you?

Old 05-31-2017, 10:10 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,860 times
This thread is using marginal cases to malign a largely law-abiding group. Should we also have threads identifying the crimes committed by hispanics, blacks, whites, dogs etc.? We need to be responsible and stop using a few bad apples to judge the rest of law-abiding undocumented aliens.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:13 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
This thread is using marginal cases to malign a largely law-abiding group. Should we also have threads identifying the crimes committed by hispanics, blacks, whites, dogs etc.? We need to be responsible and stop using a few bad apples to judge the rest of law-abiding undocumented aliens.
"A largely law-abiding group"? Seriously? What part of "illegal" don't you understand?

There are 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce. The MSM keeps telling us that there are 11 million illegals in this country---a figure that you agree with. So, considering that there are 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce and there are 11 million illegals in the country---that kills your narrative of illegals being a "largely law-abiding group".

Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"A largely law-abiding group"? Seriously? What part of "illegal" don't you understand?

There are 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce. The MSM keeps telling us that there are 11 million illegals in this country---a figure that you agree with. So, considering that there are 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce and there are 11 million illegals in the country---that kills your narrative of illegals being a "largely law-abiding group".
Don't they have to work to survive? Most of them are not stealing people's identities, rather they are making up SSNs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration