Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
If they can't stop a few mexicans throwing rocks... they should be fired.

Actually they face the possibility of being fired if they do try to stop the few mexicans throwing rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 04:13 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Correct, for example the Border Patrol has thousands of military surplus M4 carbines and M16 series rifles laying around station armories. However, if they feel the need to carry one they need to get approval from their immediate supervisor, and the station operations commander ... and then if their request is approved they have to drive all the way back to the station and check out a rifle/carbine (and by then their shift could be over). They are not allowed to check out rifles/carbines at the beginning of shift.

Only agents assigned to the BORTAC Unit and station special response teams are allowed to carry rifles/carbines, SMGs, etc on a daily basis.
Actually not to sure where you are stationed at, but obviously it is not on the US/Mexico border, otherwise you would know your above statements are not factual. They are required to check them out of course as they are not standard issue , it is at the discretion of the agent if they wish to carry one or not.
What I don't understand is why if you are an agent you are on a public forum informing god knows who about how operations supposedly run in a station.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:41 AM

21 posts, read 26,558 times
Default Sealing the Border. No Political Will. Agents Assaulted

First I need to say that All Political Parties are to blame before I start.

We have the most advanced Military in the World at this point, and if the Political will existed, that border would be sealed in less than 6 months.

Every assault that occurs is due to OUR POLITICIANS and BIGBUSINESS.
It is shameful.

Lets start with Reagan and "Just Say No" More than 80% of all illegal drugs come through that border and our Southern coastline.
If any steps were to be taken it should have started then. Electric Fences, Electronic Surveilance, Military bases and tactical bombing test areas, Naval bases and live ranges and other projects should be lining that area by now. Nope Lets just say no.

Jump forward September 11th. The day after military units should have been sent to line and observe that whole border. No, did not do that because Bush was pushing Amnesty and only doing a few "headline" raids.
Now its Obama and a Liberal Congress. I am just hitting my head.

First Military to the border for large scale war games were holding the line is practiced and covert city operations to identify and round up "unknowns" Hey, could be a terrorist. Second allow no lawyers near it. These are not citizens and should not receive representation anyway. Third full and immediate implimentation of E-Verify. Fourth fully impliment and follow all immigration and deportation laws. No trials all just out.
Thats a good start to stop the violence on our Border Patrol.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:44 PM

183 posts, read 242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Because it would be "politicaly incorrect" and even unwise to alienate the millions of people who have already crossed our borders illegally and who are just waiting for an amnesty bill to be passed. Politicians would rather risk the security of the country by failing to enforce existing laws rather than to earn the wrath of such a large potential voting block.
yes finally someone that sees it my way. The government cares way to da** much bout what other people think of us. I realy dont care what they think because no matter what they wont like us and think were wrong on everything so to he** with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have never understood why other countries are expected to protect their borders, yet, we are expected to leave our borders open for anyone in the world to enter.
We aim to please as stated above. To he** with our wants and needs as long as we can make everyone else happy it shouldnt matter that we are suffering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Oh I see. We are really at war but we really dont take it serious enough to act like we are really at war..........real smart
your learning the way our government works. It never makes sense because in all honesty they dont even know what the he** theyre doing anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-ahn View Post
First I need to say that All Political Parties are to blame before I start.

We have the most advanced Military in the World at this point, and if the Political will existed, that border would be sealed in less than 6 months.

Every assault that occurs is due to OUR POLITICIANS and BIGBUSINESS.
It is shameful.

Lets start with Reagan and "Just Say No" More than 80% of all illegal drugs come through that border and our Southern coastline.
If any steps were to be taken it should have started then. Electric Fences, Electronic Surveilance, Military bases and tactical bombing test areas, Naval bases and live ranges and other projects should be lining that area by now. Nope Lets just say no.

Jump forward September 11th. The day after military units should have been sent to line and observe that whole border. No, did not do that because Bush was pushing Amnesty and only doing a few "headline" raids.
Now its Obama and a Liberal Congress. I am just hitting my head.

First Military to the border for large scale war games were holding the line is practiced and covert city operations to identify and round up "unknowns" Hey, could be a terrorist. Second allow no lawyers near it. These are not citizens and should not receive representation anyway. Third full and immediate implimentation of E-Verify. Fourth fully impliment and follow all immigration and deportation laws. No trials all just out.
Thats a good start to stop the violence on our Border Patrol.
I dont know much about E-Verify but it sounds to me like a good way to go. Im sure the Canadians are now looking at us the way we look at our illegal immegrants. However I think if Mexicans are throwing sh** at us over the border by any means neccessay we should protect ourselves. Just like the ones in our country now that are commiting crimes on us, by any means we should be able to protect ourselves and not have to be punished for it. our government wont protect us so we need to protect ourselves and say to he** with them. That my opinion anyways. I think if our voices were heard more sh** would get done and we wouldnt have this problem.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:14 AM

21 posts, read 26,558 times
E-Verify
I Want To ...
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information reported on an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work in the United States. For most employers, the use of E-Verify is voluntary and limited to determining the employment eligibility of new hires only. There is no charge to employers to use E-Verify. The E-Verify system is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Each state needs an elected official, elected just for illegal trespass into their state from non-citizen people and groups. Not someone appointed that is always in fear of loosing their job!

Look at the difference elected Sheriff's do, compared to their appointed police counterparts in the cities.(sheriff Joe)

Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 AM

183 posts, read 242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-ahn View Post
E-Verify
I Want To ...
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information reported on an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work in the United States. For most employers, the use of E-Verify is voluntary and limited to determining the employment eligibility of new hires only. There is no charge to employers to use E-Verify. The E-Verify system is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration.

Thanks. Its nice to know what people are talking bout now lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration