Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
I posted in another forum that there have been a few people from Iraq boating over to Mexico and then coming through the US border. They are here. Its a living nightmare. We basically invited them in by leaving the borders open.

and its gonna happen soon VERY soon. That woman that was attacked, that happens EVERYWHERE our crime rate has gone high. I see on the news all time nothing but crimes commited by illegals in this country anymore. Rape, murder, theft
Absolutely! They are here, and as soon as they receive their orders, they WILL attack. We have no idea how many sleeper cells are currently in this country, because our government and their corporate masters have compromised our security for the sake of cheap illegal labor. Why wouldn’t they be here, when we have made it child’s play to enter?

Old 01-15-2010, 06:45 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,357,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
we have bases. thats what we have. like pendleton in SD (right across from TJ).

and they are not easily walking across the border with nukes and such.
thats ridiculous.

they are just over staying their visas...
They don't need to walk across our border with nukes to plan and carry out a terroist act. They can do all they need to do right here in our country after they are inside.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,279,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They don't need to walk across our border with nukes to plan and carry out a terroist act. They can do all they need to do right here in our country after they are inside.
Correct. Their are plenty of explosive materials available. making a bomb is as easy as making soup.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,959 times
<<all we would be doing is temp. delaying deportation>>

The problem is when the government creates a temporary program, it never ends.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:27 AM

183 posts, read 243,535 times
agree. There is no such thing as temp is this country anymore. Temporary visas? even if they finish their time of work and go back home willing your still welcoming someone in to take his spot. That temporary visa took a job from us long term. and then that guy can turn around and get back on the list.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,901,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
agree. There is no such thing as temp is this country anymore. Temporary visas? even if they finish their time of work and go back home willing your still welcoming someone in to take his spot. That temporary visa took a job from us long term. and then that guy can turn around and get back on the list.
Count on that -- no way would they be here temporarily waiting for Americans to rebuild their city for them so they could then go back. They will be forever just like any illegal once they choose to overstay a visitor visa or sneak over the border loses all intention of ever going back home.

Too many government programs, a guaranteed middle class standard of living whether they can succeed here or not on their own. Why would they go back? Here they'll have plentiful food stamps, can develop an obesity problem which they don't have now. They can shop in fine malls, be cared for in the best hospitals free for them.

Immigration is no longer about coming here to work for a better life, you can work or don't work, it's all the same, you are promised an easy life here however you want to do it.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:53 PM

183 posts, read 243,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Count on that -- no way would they be here temporarily waiting for Americans to rebuild their city for them so they could then go back. They will be forever just like any illegal once they choose to overstay a visitor visa or sneak over the border loses all intention of ever going back home.

Too many government programs, a guaranteed middle class standard of living whether they can succeed here or not on their own. Why would they go back? Here they'll have plentiful food stamps, can develop an obesity problem which they don't have now. They can shop in fine malls, be cared for in the best hospitals free for them.

Immigration is no longer about coming here to work for a better life, you can work or don't work, it's all the same, you are promised an easy life here however you want to do it.

I so wish I could rep you again. I keep saying this especially about how they drive fancy cars and are dressed up in expensive clothes and I get called a liar just because they havent seen it! I see it everywhere. Hispanic especially are driving brand new cars, nice clothes, name brand clothes from mall shops, extc... thats cuz they have the jobs and can afford it. we dont anymore. Ive never been racists especially against "african americans" but I think now is the time all of us to unite and put our differences aside and protect and rebuild what is rightfully ours and then work on helping other countries in need. I would love to help them realy I would, if we had the help to give them. The illegals already here ate it all up already. I know that is just a dream and will never happen but I gotta have hope in something right?

Old 01-16-2010, 02:21 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,923,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
How do you know that there's not 30 million illegals in this country? And I guess that you're taking the La Racist position that we mustn't deport unwanted illegal border jumpers, we must let them stay here until Maobama can get the illegals amnestied into future democratic voters?
Take your meds.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:26 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,427,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I agree......It's humane and temporary.
I agree too. We cannot deport them right now; they have nothing to go to, it is inhumane.

However I also feel that we should not begin importing refugees from Haiti. If we are going to bring them anywhere to give them medical assistance, we have possessions in the Caribbean that can be used for that such as Guantanamo in Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands...all are a short flight from Haiti. They are US soil, but they are also far from the US mainland where Haitians would not be able to melt into their surroundings.

I have no objections whatsoever to the US assisting Haiti. I myself gave a three-figure donation to the Red Cross for just that purpose. However we also cannot import hundreds of thousands of people here to the United States. Relief efforts for Haiti should take place principally in Haiti.

I hope that we and other countries are able to assist them to the point where the country they go home to is much better than the one they left. I am trying to see the silver lining in the unmitigated tragedy that is the Haitian earthquake and maybe that is that Haiti will finally be able to build a modern infrastructure and various nations will be able to "clean house" with corrupt Haitian security forces and shine a spotlight on the horrific corruption in the Haitian government so the people there will finally get *****ed off enough to demand better. Their government has failed them pathetically. Their government has even failed itself pathetically. Just look at the government buildings in total ruin that should have been standing after the earthquake. If they won't even build the President's palace to decent standards, regular people don't have a chance.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I agree too. We cannot deport them right now; they have nothing to go to, it is inhumane.

However I also feel that we should not begin importing refugees from Haiti. If we are going to bring them anywhere to give them medical assistance, we have possessions in the Caribbean that can be used for that such as Guantanamo in Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands...all are a short flight from Haiti. They are US soil, but they are also far from the US mainland where Haitians would not be able to melt into their surroundings.

I have no objections whatsoever to the US assisting Haiti. I myself gave a three-figure donation to the Red Cross for just that purpose. However we also cannot import hundreds of thousands of people here to the United States. Relief efforts for Haiti should take place principally in Haiti.

I hope that we and other countries are able to assist them to the point where the country they go home to is much better than the one they left. I am trying to see the silver lining in the unmitigated tragedy that is the Haitian earthquake and maybe that is that Haiti will finally be able to build a modern infrastructure and various nations will be able to "clean house" with corrupt Haitian security forces and shine a spotlight on the horrific corruption in the Haitian government so the people there will finally get *****ed off enough to demand better. Their government has failed them pathetically. Their government has even failed itself pathetically. Just look at the government buildings in total ruin that should have been standing after the earthquake. If they won't even build the President's palace to decent standards, regular people don't have a chance.
I also question the Haitian presidents’ motives for being at the airport the day of the earthquake. Of course he gave a lame excuse to the CNN reporter –- he was trying to help his people. How the heck could he help his dying people crushed under mounds of debris while loitering at the airport? I believe he intended to leave, until he was confronted by the press.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration