Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:37 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,361,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I really hope you have some positive, logical, practical, legal and helpful ideas on how to reform immigration laws.

The first step is to enforce the laws already on the books.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,680,556 times
you know, you guys might have something going there. this "self deportation" stuff...

itsa beautiful day in los angeles. the sun is shining and theres a breeze in the air. you jus gotta love this life... so earlier today i ran some errands, got rid of the kids, poured me some spirits and thought that it would be a perfect time to hook up my "backyard". i went around the corner to the cubanitos only to see it stacked wall to wall with fellas. since i didnt feel like waiting i fugured the salon two blocks over could cut my hair jus as well.

luckily when i arrived there were only a couple ladies before me. as the hairdryers blew i sat and waited patiently. some man walked in with his son to get a haircut, a girl wanted her eyebrows done and as the salonn got busier the more i wished i had brought along my drink.

waiting - grateful to be inside - i focused on the doorway that barely kept the heat at bay. as i stared out at the brightness of florencia (aka florence) two guys came in. one was not too older than myself, 50 at most. the other was younger, late 20's, and knee high to a frakin grass hopper!! both had backpacks; both looked sunworn. (disclaimer: my spanish is limited) as everyones heads turned, the older one stepped forward and began to spin a tale of traveling long distances (i heard NAPA) and being hungry and thirsty and bla bla bla. its been hard, no trabajo, bla bla bla and they would like some help "porqe vamos para fuera" which, if i understand corecctly, means they are "goin out". or leaving. skaddaddling!!!!! va-moose-ing.

one of the stylists gave them a $5 billl, a couple other people, inlcluding the man with his son, coughed up some dollars and change. what did i do? chuckle and think of AZbear!!!! i didnt give them s#it. for all i know they coulda been a couple of hypes looking for their nex t fix. or they could have really been on their way home . honestly, now i think they really were leaving, headed further than south central - still southbound.....

it was pretty poetic really

Old 03-27-2010, 07:33 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,574,272 times
..Santa Ana?....Oceanside?.....San Ysidro?....Mazatlan?..."Fuera" is an awfully big place.

Poetic, for sure.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration