Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times

Advertisements

Print and Pass theses flyers out to Illegals and anyone who supports them, suggestion: Home Depot and Day Labor centers are one place to hand them out. I passed out 50 in 10 minutes.
http://www.alipac.us/media/NewHavenCTFinal.PDF

http://www.alipac.us/media/collegeflyer.pdf

Assorted Flyers.
Illegal Immigration VS Americans for Legal Immigration PAC - Content

Courtesy of: Illegal Immigration VS Americans for Legal Immigration PAC

Last edited by mkfarnam; 06-06-2007 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 03:09 AM

989 posts, read 2,761,608 times
Default What a mess!

No wonder GW Bush pretends he wasn't born there!

Old 06-07-2007, 03:27 AM

Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 PM

572 posts, read 2,088,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
LOL, hilarious.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:34 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,628,159 times
Yes, Connecticut, you can have all the illegals you want! The rest of us will be moving our families, our tax dollars, and our businesses to the states with the TOUGHEST anti-illegal immigation laws. Those states that stand up to this invasion of our country will be the definite winners in the long-run, and will surely prosper as hard-working, tax paying , law abiding Americans continue to get their fill of this stuff and move from these sanctuary states. I currently live in Montana. Gee, isn't is amazing, our houses are getting built, beautiful quality landscaping is being done, there is no shortage of daycare for our children, produce is being farmed, picked, and shipped to market, and nary an illegal alien in sight. Amazing, isn't it? All of these things being done, and being done in a quality way, with American labor. This nonsense about needing illegal labor is a bunch of bull**** perpetuated by greedy corporate America and our numb-nut Presidente' Bush. We don't need them, we never did. Want to join us? Come the right way. Legally. And assimilate. And speak English for God's sakes.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:50 PM

The reason why many illegals are flocking to Connecticut is because of the huge wealth gap we have here. There is a huge gap between rich and poor, we have some of the poorest cities in the country (Bridgeport, Waterbury, Hartford) where most of the residents are minorities who don't work, yet some of the wealthiest suburbs in the world (New Canaan, Greenwich, Darien) with Wall St. execs, estate after estate, and the like.

That being said, CT has a high demand for jobs in fast food restaurants, landscaping (hey, we all know the execs aren't out there on their hands and knees!), grocery stores etc. They see opportunity here more than other areas of the nation. The children of millionaires in the suburbs won't work there, and neither will the poor minorities. About 5 years ago, there were "Help Wanted" signs in nearly all of the windows of McDonalds, BK, Subway, Arbys, etc. I'm not excusing them from coming here illegally, because if you've read my post in the "Mexifornia" thread, you know where I stand.

The thing is, once they're in the US, they're here. The state of CT can't do anything, nor can the communities that they reside. The city of Danbury (tens of thousands of illegals) has been trying to control it, but unsuccessfully so. It begins with border control along Texas and California.

There are so many issues we need to deal with here in America meanwhile we're in Iraq fighting in a war that has absolutely no merit.

Last edited by jeremeyk482; 06-08-2007 at 12:06 AM..

Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Yes, Connecticut, you can have all the illegals you want! The rest of us will be moving our families, our tax dollars, and our businesses to the states with the TOUGHEST anti-illegal immigation laws. Those states that stand up to this invasion of our country will be the definite winners in the long-run, and will surely prosper as hard-working, tax paying , law abiding Americans continue to get their fill of this stuff and move from these sanctuary states. I currently live in Montana. Gee, isn't is amazing, our houses are getting built, beautiful quality landscaping is being done, there is no shortage of daycare for our children, produce is being farmed, picked, and shipped to market, and nary an illegal alien in sight. Amazing, isn't it? All of these things being done, and being done in a quality way, with American labor. This nonsense about needing illegal labor is a bunch of bull**** perpetuated by greedy corporate America and our numb-nut Presidente' Bush. We don't need them, we never did. Want to join us? Come the right way. Legally. And assimilate. And speak English for God's sakes.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 AM

233 posts, read 439,735 times
Default Something can be done......

The thing is, once they're in the US, they're here. The state of CT can't do anything, nor can the communities that they reside. The city of Danbury (tens of thousands of illegals) has been trying to control it, but unsuccessfully so. It begins with border control along Texas and Californi
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
Sure things can be done to discourage them.............stop providing employment for them, enforce occupancy numbers for housing and so on........in other words stop aiding them in any way. I remember traveling from NYC to RI twice a week in 1998-99 and stopping on the road to get a drink at the McDonalds and not one person working the registers could speak any english, they actuall had the menu printed out on the counter with co-responding pics, I told the girl my order and she gave me a dumb look and pointed to the pictures so I could point to what I wanted................it was the last time I ever stopped on the road, I carried a small ice chest with my drinks after that. I agree that it has to begin with tighter border control, but there are some things a community can do to discourage the migration to the area.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 AM

Also, get rid of the local polititian that are "Pro Population Growth", and Pro Development.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
The thing is, once they're in the US, they're here. The state of CT can't do anything, nor can the communities that they reside. The city of Danbury (tens of thousands of illegals) has been trying to control it, but unsuccessfully so. It begins with border control along Texas and Californi
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
Sure things can be done to discourage them.............stop providing employment for them, enforce occupancy numbers for housing and so on........in other words stop aiding them in any way. I remember traveling from NYC to RI twice a week in 1998-99 and stopping on the road to get a drink at the McDonalds and not one person working the registers could speak any english, they actuall had the menu printed out on the counter with co-responding pics, I told the girl my order and she gave me a dumb look and pointed to the pictures so I could point to what I wanted................it was the last time I ever stopped on the road, I carried a small ice chest with my drinks after that. I agree that it has to begin with tighter border control, but there are some things a community can do to discourage the migration to the area.
The communities can only do so much. Danbury bans them from participating in certain activities, and there are raids weekly in the homes where these people live. A Dunkin Donuts owner in Branford CT was recently arrested and thrown in jail for providing a place to work for the illegals. They're doing it, but they need support from the government, which they aren't getting.

Once they're here, they're here. The community can't just kick them out. It begins with the feds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration