Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 12:34 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,226,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Could the probable cause be tied to racial profile? I don't mind the law being enforced when the person is stopped for another violation that occurs (for example, speeding), but this clause leaves a lot of room for personal interpretation. And this...

Reminds me of taking the issue to the level Nazis did. Perhaps the issue the pastor I referred to in my earlier post is concerned about. He is obligated to serve anybody that shows up at his door step. Now, the government is forcing him into policing behind the robe.
So under this bill the government can come into your home and search it to look for illegal immigrants. Becareful what you wish for.

3,292 posts, read 4,476,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
If he can't provide a valid SS number after being stopped for another violation/offense, then I'd say that would be reasonable cause.
Papers please, comrade.

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I usually hate using edited youtube videos as a reference. But there is a relationship between Russell Pearce and Neo-nazi JT Ready. Watch up until 1:40. The rest is a neo-nazi rally.
YouTube - Russell Pearce, neo-Nazis and Anarchists at the Arizona State Capitol

I'm still trying to find the 2006 (actual) email he circulated form the National Alliance.

Here's a little bit of information on Ready The Nativists | Southern Poverty Law Center

There are tons of articles on their relationship. Hope this helps.
Thanks, but my opinion on the law will be based on the law itself, not on Russell Pearce.

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that means that 4th amendment obliterates law enforcement principle of probable cause.
i dont think so.
the point is the feds are supposed to enforce immigration and defend the borders but they dont so AZ is acting correctly. 20 million illegals here looking for work in a major recession, do you think mexico would put up with this for a minute?
The problem isn't there. I have a problem with LE stopping me in my car or on the street and demanding that I prove my citizenship. That isn't "the land of the free".

Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Does this mean that the police have a right to go into tea party rallies and demand to see ID from every member at the rally? If Obama did this, would you be ok with it? Yes or no?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Does this mean that the police have a right to go into tea party rallies and demand to see ID from every member at the rally? If Obama did this, would you be ok with it? Yes or no?
Yeah, but they, you see, it would be violation at many levels, a police state, fascism... you name it. I wonder how many non-whites (since whites are likely to be automatically presumed to be legal citizens) are a part of tea party movement in AZ... and I hope there are a good few in count, in line to be stopped and checked for probably reasons.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
You have a very old SS card. They haven't said that for a long time.

FDR is dead.
Oh!

I must be holding one of them thar living contracts.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
Left wing hysterics are as ridiculous as right wing hysterics. My god, you both even shout the same slogans.

You're a nazi.
No, you're a nazi, comrade.
Who you calling a comrade, comrade?

So little time, so many alarmists.

I'd respect someone if he just came out and said he supports open borders. Do any of you leftwingers here support open borders?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Left wing hysterics are as ridiculous as right wing hysterics. My god, you both even shout the same slogans.

You're a nazi.
No, you're a nazi, comrade.
Who you calling a comrade, comrade?

So little time, so many alarmists.

I'd respect someone if just came out and said he supports open borders. Do any of you leftwingers here support open borders?
Does Obama have a right to send in federal agents to tea parties and demand to see their id, ss number and proof of citizenship. Yes or no?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:40 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Printed on my Social Security is: "For Social Security and TAX purposes - NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION (all caps).

FDR never wanted me to show my social security card to no stinking cop.
Do you have a credit card? Did you not need to provide your SSN then? Do you have a checking account? Did you not need to supply it then? When they obtain your SSN they are indeed using it to identify you.

If one is to go off the hyperbole and extreme distrust of any institution exhibited in this thread, it would appear that Politics regulars keep their cash in a jelly jar at home and take a shopping bag full of benjamins to the car dealer when they have to get a new car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.