Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,227,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Let's admit it...
Those who are anti-illegal will find 10,20,30 arguments favoring the law...

Those who are pro-illegal will find 10,20,30 arguments against the law...
But the people of AZ favour the law by a supermajority...70-30...

It must become the law of that state,
like lawlessness is the law in CA...

The pro-illegal cannot have it their way in both states...
The only argument I've heard against this bill is the 4th Amendment. Seems like a good argument

Old 04-23-2010, 02:29 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,343,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Explain, you are not making sense.
Am too!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:30 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,967,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
1. I hope this law passes.

2. I'm going to get a tan (I'm half Mexican anyway)

3. I'm heading to Arizona.

4. I'll drive a truck with a bull on the side that says Jalisco on the back.

5. Get pulled over.

6. Give the cops lip.

7. Get beaten.

8. Collect lawsuit money.

Fin
How do you figure this? Do you think cops there will simply go "there is them there spics, get em" or do you think that they will have process to obtain probable cause to such?

If you think they will be discriminatory, then I hope you like wasting a lot of gas, because that is what you will be doing. Though there are groups who would love to prosecute you for such waste concerning the environment, do you contest them as well?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
There is certainly some room for police to take action that's not necessarily reasonable. I would think think they would have probable cause if they attempt to make a traffic stop and the person flees. If they arrive someplace to check out an employer or even as a customer and employees hide, then that sounds like probable cause. There will be some that abuse it just like there are some that abuse other laws. It will be the same ones. I think most police are good people, and I don't think most police have the time or the inclination to randomly pull over all the people with brown skin in the state of Arizona.
Running away from the police is reasonable clause, you get no argument from me. Good example. Besides that, I see no other examples of reasonable clause regarding violating immigration laws. If you can think of I'm all ears.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Am too!
Oh I fully understand now.

Seriously, or you going to explain or do I have to chalk you up as an idiot who can't not explain themselves?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,317,904 times
Quote:
How do you figure this? Do you think cops there will simply go "there is them there spics, get em" or do you think that they will have process to obtain probable cause to such?

If you think they will be discriminatory, then I hope you like wasting a lot of gas, because that is what you will be doing. Though there are groups who would love to prosecute you for such waste concerning the environment, do you contest them as well?
The governor just signed the bill. Now we can see what the White House does about it. It might be interesting to see what propaganda they throw around to convince people that it was bad.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
16 pages of responses and I've only heard one example in which cops can use as probable cause for questioning someone's immigration status, running away or fleeing the police. Short of doing that, any search is unconstitional. If you can think of another example, I'll acknowledge it, just as I acknowledged the other example given.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,343,008 times
Quote:
Oh I fully understand now.

Seriously, or you going to explain or do I have to chalk you up as an idiot who can't not explain themselves?
Just take a look in a mirror!

Works for me.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The governor just signed the bill. Now we can see what the White House does about it. It might be interesting to see what propaganda they throw around to convince people that it was bad.
What I don't get is that if this law is so "bad", certainly one could point to the specifics of the law and make their case. None here are doing that, which leads me to believe they are talking our of their arse. Something that is all too common these days.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Just take a look in a mirror!

Works for me.
Again, you haven't explained. Sorry, your argument is invalid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.