Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:27 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
DontH8, that's a perspective from the first world, where we have social security, decent health care, etc.

In the third world, poor families deliberately have lots of children because:
* Death from childbirth and/or disease
* The more children, the more money can be made from working
* When parents grow old, who cares for them?

Also campesinos may come from very religious families (particularly Roman Catholic) where having many kids is encouraged.

As for more quotes from the same page:

and...

also:
So now you know why the school system in CA went from first to worst. And we should embrace this WHY??

So you like the prospect of the third world embedding themselves in ours? It is still unfathomable for me that anyone in the US legally would encourage and endorse the illegal importation of masses of uneducated people with a penchant for overbreeding - unless those same people live in a bubble where they aren't compelled to deal with these illegals and their habitat.

And your points about their overbreeding actually prove the point many anti-illegals have stated - these people plan their families to use their children as tools and to carve out as big a piece as possible from the US social support pie. I find that reprehensible.

The point is - third world people will behave in a third world fashion, even when they are in a first world environmnet. Instead of trying to bring themselves up, they are contented with simply carrying on as if they were back in their home countries, with no motivation to improve their own or their children's lot or to adapt to their new environment. And we should just grin and bear all of this WHY??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 06:37 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So now you know why the school system in CA went from first to worst. And we should embrace this WHY??

So you like the prospect of the third world embedding themselves in ours? It is still unfathomable for me that anyone in the US legally would encourage and endorse the illegal importation of masses of uneducated people with a penchant for overbreeding - unless those same people live in a bubble where they aren't compelled to deal with these illegals and their habitat.

And your points about their overbreeding actually prove the point many anti-illegals have stated - these people plan their families to use their children as tools and to carve out as big a piece as possible from the US social support pie. I find that reprehensible.

The point is - third world people will behave in a third world fashion, even when they are in a first world environmnet. Instead of trying to bring themselves up, they are contented with simply carrying on as if they were back in their home countries, with no motivation to improve their own or their children's lot or to adapt to their new environment. And we should just grin and bear all of this WHY??
Excellent post!

Old 05-14-2010, 07:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:

And to run with your ball further:

Prior to WW II in California: Japanese lineage children sitting side by side with Mexican-American kids in the same classrooms flat outperformed the latter---------which explodes the 'race' theory that Latinos are inherently inferior since many of the latter carry Asian DNA (there was prejudice from Anglo Whites against both groups). That nugget came out of Thomas Sowell's book 'Race and Ethnicity'. The differences between the JA's and the Mestizos can be attributed to culture.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:56 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,075,384 times
The guy who wrote the weblinks I sent you wrote about that concept here: Propositions 209 and 187 and a Public School Teacher

Quote:
I had serious doubts about the massive immigration of millions of so many poor and uneducated Mexicans and Central Americans to an Information Age United States which no longer had massive needs for unskilled labor as in the past. I never did visit a neighborhood in Southern California which had large numbers of immigrants that did not have serious quality of life issues such as gangs, serious poverty, low levels of education, teenage pregnancy, etc. ad nauseam. It was more of a social than racial concern for me, as I had been to many areas populated by native-born Americans suffering the same problems as immigrant neighborhoods and knew many highly educated Mexicans and South Americans who could have stepped into American culture with hardly any problems (they stayed in their own countries). As the United States was no longer a young and dynamically growing country, I wondered about the ability of the country to adopt millions and millions of poor people successfully as had more or less occurred in the past. I wondered if the neighborhoods which had become immigrant havens would be violent and poverty stricken forever. I could see the good the immigrants brought to America, but I could also see the bad.
But he also said:
Quote:
On the other hand, I got along no better with the anti-immigrant forces which looked at Mexicans and immigrants a priori as a negative influence on the United States. In my experience, immigrants mostly did not come to the United States to go on welfare or take advantage of "freebies" from the government. That might happen later, as immigrants become "Americanized" and learn how to use/abuse the system. However, most immigrants I met came to the United States because they were poor, desperate, and wanted a better life for themselves and their children than what their own countries offered them. And who can blame them? I often had people frame the Proposition 187 question in racist tones which were ugly and offensive. Many people considered Mexico to be synonymous with poverty and ignorance and this was just not true. Over the years I had learned great respect for the dignity of traditional Mexican culture. They may have a bad government, but they are basically a good people. And I never forgot what Franklin D. Roosevelt said about America and immigrants: "Remember, remember always that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionaries." Now that it is clearly in my past, I do not at all regret teaching immigrant children many of whom will be grow up to be productive members of American society. I can take some pride in being a small part of that process.
And the problems in regards to Prop 187 in regards to being "caught in the middle" have repeated to Arizona.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration