Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:03 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,738,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
they cant arrest you on a traffic stop if you are legal...doesn't matter what color you are.
You may want to talk to someone about your paranoid delusions.
They certainly can if you can't PROVE your citizenship. It is a criminal offense to not be carrying proof
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 07:11 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
They certainly can if you can't PROVE your citizenship. It is a criminal offense to not be carrying proof
So are you claiming that at a traffic stop and the cop asks you for your DL and you provide it he won't be satified with that and expect you to produce your birth certifcate besides that? Surely you jest.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,333,712 times
Quote:
Prove it, a Drivers License doesn't prove Citizenship and there is no picture on your Social Security card
Is that lack of picture the reason so many illegals have stolen or forged Social Security cards? Most of them do have a card you know. They pay good money for them most of the time.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
The illegal was already a criminal for entering without permission. I don't think that any citizens, even naturalized ones who are very honest compared to an illegal will be in trouble. The naturalized ones on Glenn Beck last Friday said they thought the law is a good one and wouldn't be bothered to have to prove their status.

When do you plan to read the law and stop quoting whatever all those left handed websites tell you is in it? I think I know what day that will be.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So are you claiming that at a traffic stop and the cop asks you for your DL and you provide it he won't be satified with that and expect you to produce your birth certifcate besides that? Surely you jest.
Naw, he really believes that. Read HuffPo or Kos sometime to see where THEY get ideas like that.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:41 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Naw, he really believes that. Read HuffPo or Kos sometime to see where THEY get ideas like that.
Figures, the far left and ethnocentric websites are spreading these lies like wildfire.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No I don't, and check the pretext, 65 in a 65. Luckily my son has a military ID.
He has also been stopped for "expired tags" that do not expire until September.
Perhaps you think this law will be applied fairly, I don't

Old 05-09-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Instead of telling others what I think down here on the Mexican Border, why don't you take a ride over to Dodge City and have the owner of that Meat Packing Plant arrested for employing bthousands of illegals.

That is where the problem lies not using illegals as a scapegoat so the Republikaaners can install Apartheit

Old 05-09-2010, 08:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
Prove it, a Drivers License doesn't prove Citizenship and there is no picture on your Social Security card
Have you ever been stopped by border patrol? They have a way of figuring out if you're a citizen without asking for any papers, at least 99% of the time.

For example, you're down by the Rio Grande at the border and you are running in a direction away from it - it won't matter what color hair you have, or skin tone, they're going to have a couple of questions to ask you.

They'll ask you where you were born, where you grew up, probably ask you why you were running from that direction, where you are going. Obviously if you're a born citizen, you'll be able to answer -- you can give a city name, a county and state name. And your accent will make sense. Obviously if you can only speak Arabic and try to claim you were born and raised in Dallas, Iowa, and give a blank look when they ask you what county they might decide to do a little more checking.

Most often that is proof enough - and of course some people can be pretty savvy and fake it -- they might be straight out of Zacatecas and fake a Boston accent so well they would be able to claim they're from there.

If you've ever been to Mexico, you would know that someone with any cultural knowledge can quite reliably pick out an American from someone born and raised in Mexico. And you probably won't believe this, they can often distinguish between a Mexican and a Puerto Rican or someone from Peru.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
No I don't, and check the pretext, 65 in a 65. Luckily my son has a military ID.
He has also been stopped for "expired tags" that do not expire until September.
Perhaps you think this law will be applied fairly, I don't
I think you're jumping to conclusions about why your son is stopped. I've been stopped for making a "California stop" when I completely stopped at a stop sign.

Now do I assume it was racial profiling? Nor did I assume a hispanic cop was racially profiling my kid when he was pulled over, questioned and released without even a warning. I'm very sure that was age profiling but the time I was pulled over for a California stop, I'm pretty sure they were just checking for proof of insurance as no ticket was given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration