Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:26 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,953,178 times

Advertisements

[quote=Sign;14246446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post

So be it then.....BOOM, BOOM, BOOM....out go the lights!
Old Pat Traverse tune just came to mind, but it's nice to see one LA rez here, that thinks it would be a sweet thing.

The money that could be saved.....along with hundreds of polar bears, would make Al Gore and all the tree-huggin environmentalists.... quite happy, I would think.
Yeah ... but SCE actually owns the power. It just happens to get generated in Arizona. So, short of expropriating SCE's property, I don't see how AZ can shut it off.

Hands up all those in favor of states expropriating private property
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 05:52 PM

181 posts, read 339,307 times
MSNBC has a poll going: Should Arizona have the right to pull the plug on LA:

At this point it is at 86% Yes, 66,000 plus votes..

Old 05-19-2010, 06:01 PM

50,489 posts, read 47,262,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Stick to your guns Arizona, there are plenty of us in California who support you.

Da&n straight, San Diego checking in. I have a genset and enough fuel to last months.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:24 PM

61 posts, read 76,049 times
I also live in California and I'm glad that Arizona is fighting back hard against this boycott.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,968,369 times
Ownership:

Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
29.1% Arizona Public Service (APS)
17.5% Salt River Project
15.8% El Paso Electric Co (Texas)
15.8% Southern California Edison
10.2% PNM Resources
5.9% Southern California Public Power Authority
5.7% Los Angeles Dept. of Water & Powe

Navajo Generating Station
24.3% U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
21.7% SRP
21.2% Los Angeles Dept. of Water and Power
14.0% Arizona Public Service Co.
11.3% Nevada Power
7.5% Tucson Electric Power

Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,415,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsb1 View Post
I also live in California and I'm glad that Arizona is fighting back hard against this boycott.
Arizona is going to need to do more than making empty statements about power ownership and look foolish otherwise.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:40 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDollie View Post
MSNBC has a poll going: Should Arizona have the right to pull the plug on LA:

At this point it is at 86% Yes, 66,000 plus votes..
You know what is funny about this poll and some (most) of the reporting on the NEWS stations (like NBC ABC CBS here in CA) is that it is based on false (and somtimes intentional) misinformation. AZ never threatened anything. They only were calling out CA's bluff to boycot AZ. The lettter was very clear (which most of these news hacks did not bother to read) - basically if you (CA) want to boycot AZ we would be happy to help you and renigotiate your energy contracts. The person who wrote the letter does not have unilateral power to turn off or pull the plug even if that is what he said - and it was not. And now MSNBC (trying to generate more hatred against AZ based on this misinformation gets a poll result that supports the question.

These leftist don't read the AZ bill and now they can't even read a simply letter. Talk about BS propaganda spreading to the idiots on the left who rail against AZ and those who want the law upheld - funny indeed. I love how they falsly generate a headline then immediately go out on the streets and ask a question as if they are being neutral and unbiased.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:41 PM

8,655 posts, read 10,188,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiloh1 View Post
you know what is funny about this poll and some (most) of the reporting on the news stations (like nbc abc cbs here in ca) is that it is based on false (and somtimes intentional) misinformation. Az never threatened anything. They only were calling out ca's bluff to boycot az. The lettter was very clear (which most of these news hacks did not bother to read) - basically if you (ca) want to boycot az we would be happy to help you and renigotiate your energy contracts. The person who wrote the letter does not have unilateral power to turn off or pull the plug even if that is what he said - and it was not. And now msnbc (trying to generate more hatred against az based on this misinformation gets a poll result that supports the question.

These leftist don't read the az bill and now they can't even read a simply letter. Talk about bs propaganda spreading to the idiots on the left who rail against az and those who want the law upheld - funny indeed. I love how they falsly generate a headline then immediately go out on the streets and ask a question as if they are being neutral and unbiased.
rep rep rep

Old 05-19-2010, 08:56 PM

358 posts, read 395,720 times
The whole point of the statement the Arizona power official was trying to make was this.. if you really want to boycott private business in Arizona then s**t or get off the pot, in other terms either really boycott us or don't do it at all. Of course LA is not stupid enough to pull the plug.. so the city council is selectively boycotting Arizona.. which makes the Los Angeles city council look like fools. I apologize for all of the leftist idiots in California- but trust me those are mostly the overeducated and poor classes of people- they DO NOT represent mainstream Californians !!

Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,415,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
The whole point of the statement the Arizona power official was trying to make was this.. if you really want to boycott private business in Arizona then s**t or get off the pot, in other terms either really boycott us or don't do it at all. Of course LA is not stupid enough to pull the plug.. so the city council is selectively boycotting Arizona.. which makes the Los Angeles city council look like fools. I apologize for all of the leftist idiots in California- but trust me those are mostly the overeducated and poor classes of people- they DO NOT represent mainstream Californians !!
So what represents mainstream Californians? The mayor of the largest city in the state [and second largest in the nation] along with the mayor of San Francisco, the city council of San Diego [those are the 3 most populous regions of California]; not to mention a dozen other cities in California. Maybe you mean Bakersfield and other inland farm cities in California as part of your "mainstream" but that's a mere fraction of the overall population of California. It always amazes me how Republicans can possibly think they are the majority in California. Talk about delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration