Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 05:30 PM

17,439 posts, read 28,687,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
nope. then that would make all descendants of slaves, all chinese, all non-white, native american, japanese american current citizens non-citizens.

the repercussions of doing such a repeal will put the American culture an economy into a nose dive that no one would be able to rescue it
Not to mention it would allow the US government to revoke the citizenship of even white US born citizens.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 05:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,288,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The Founders intended it to be this way. Thomas Jefferson said when slaves are freed they are to be colonized..he did not want them in the government. He is a Founder.

Believe what you want but America was founded for White Christians.
you do know that the reason why they wanted no religion to define our coutnry is because of your statements.

one man against how many others?

Washington was a Mason/Episcopalian , not Christian.

I can go on about our Founding Fathers:
Richard Bassett was a Methodist
Gunning Bedford, Jr. was a Mason
Jonathan Dayton, William Blount, John Blair, Jr. were Presbyterians
Alexander Hamilton, Pierce Butler, David Brearley were Episcopalians
Daniel Carroll was Catholic
William Few, John Dickinson were Quakers
Benjamin Franklin was a Puritan
Nathaniel Gorham, Nicholas Gilman were Congregationalist
William Samuel Johnson was an Anglican

These are signers and writers of our Constitution and already there are 9 different religious beliefs. And that is within the first 15 signers, not one claimed to be a Christian.

So your claim they wanted only Chrisitans to have citizenship is without merit

Also Thomas Jefferson WASn't around during the Constitutional Convention (he was in FRANCE as an Ambassador) so he had minimal input into what was written.

Other Founders and their religious beliefs:
Roger Sherman, John Langdon - Congregationalist
Thomas Mifflin - Lutheran
John Rutledge, George Read, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Robert Morris, Gooveneur Morris - Episcopalian
William Peterson - Presbyterian

John Adams - Unitarian
Josiah Bartlett, Samuel Adams - Congregationalist
Charles Carroll - Roman Catholic
Elbridge Gerry, Samuel Chase - Episcopalian
Joseph Hewes - Quaker

Last edited by Arus; 05-22-2010 at 06:12 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 05:36 PM

17,439 posts, read 28,687,579 times
Quote:
you do know that the reason why they wanted no religion to define our coutnry is because of your statements.

Washington was a Mason, not Christian.
He was a member of the Anglican church for social reasons not because of believing in Christianity. This was true with most of the founding fathers. Most were Deists but continued to belong to churches because of social reasons.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:59 PM

38,559 posts, read 22,429,512 times
Quote:
What you propose is to rewrite the laws of different countries on how they determine citizenship status.
Many countries, like The US, allow dual or even triple citizenship status. Some (like Japan) do not.

However, we are not governed by the laws of other countries, and they are not governed by our laws.

How they determine citizenship is none of our business as its none of their business to interfere or determine our laws.

its very simple really

so you want us to make treaites stating "your children born here our OUR citizens and can't be YOUR citizens'
or "OUR children born in your country is OUR citizens and can't be your citizens"

yeah, a country is going to allow us to dictate that.
I said we need to amend some treaties and the constitution. It should be simple enough, I know that if my wife and I were to be visiting another country for an extended period that i would not want our child to be considered a citizen of a foreign country and not my own.

I would also think another country would not want to be losing citizens, just because their people visited the Grand Canyon and had a child in our hospital. I don't see a problem with what I proposed, we already allow dual citizenship for our citizens born in US military bases in foreign countries.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I said we need to amend some treaties and the constitution. It should be simple enough, I know that if my wife and I were to be visiting another country for an extended period that i would not want our child to be considered a citizen of a foreign country and not my own.
OMG you are not understanding.

IT is already established in law, that children born to US Citizens abroad are US Citizens no matter what. YOU just receive a certificate of a foreign born US citizen.

The country in which your child is born in can also claim they have citizenship in that country as well; HOWEVER, the US doesn't care since they allow dual, triple, even as many as 10 citizenships. Those other citizenships DO NOT MATTER one iota as to your child's citizenship status in the US.

That country has NO more claim over your child just because you gave birth there than an illegal alien with a US born child; the child still has to go with the parent to whatever home country they belong to.

Quote:
I would also think another country would not want to be losing citizens, just because their people visited the Grand Canyon and had a child in our hospital. I don't see a problem with what I proposed, we already allow dual citizenship for our citizens born in US military bases in foreign countries.
they aren't losing citizens. Depending on the countires laws, even a foreign born citizen can gain citizenship upon birth (jus sanguis) as well as citizenship based place of birth (jus soli) .

England, even if you're born abroad, you are a citizen of that country, however YOU have to affirm (take an oath) at the age of majority to affirm your citizenship.

You also come across as believing that one cannot give up US Citizenship voluntarily (they can) and then become a citizen of another country (like Japan which requires you to only have one citizenship status)

My ex-husband's father was a US Citizen, and he rescinded his citizenship after marrying a Japanese national. They moved to Japan when he was in middle school, and there, he became a Japanese citizen. The US can loose its citizens as any other country can.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:26 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,833,344 times
Quote:

These are signers and writers of our Constitution and already there are 9 different religious beliefs. And that is within the first 15 signers, not one claimed to be a Christian.

Also Thomas Jefferson WASn't around during the Constitutional Convention (he was in FRANCE as an Ambassador) so he had minimal input into what was written.

John Rutledge, George Read, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Robert Morris, Gooveneur Morris - Episcopalian

John Adams - Unitarian
Joseph Hewes - Quaker
Amazing post. God help us. Roman Catholic is not Christian..this is absurd.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:30 PM

317 posts, read 405,879 times
Author of Arizona law has ties to White Power Nazi groups.

In October 2006, Russell Pearce forwarded an email from National Alliance, a white separatist group, to a group of supporters. The email titled "Who Rules America" [9] criticized black and white intermixing and Jews in the media for promoting multiculturalism and racial equality, for depicting "any racially conscious White Person" as a bigot, and for presenting the Holocaust as fact.

Russell Pearce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 PM

haha. yeah. you've never ever dealt with a Roman Catholic have you? even a Catholic will take offense at you calling them a Christian.

Having a sister who married into a Catholic family after being brought up as a Baptist...yeah, there were some moments of disagreement.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Author of Arizona law has ties to White Power Nazi groups.

In October 2006, Russell Pearce forwarded an email from National Alliance, a white separatist group, to a group of supporters. The email titled "Who Rules America" [9] criticized black and white intermixing and Jews in the media for promoting multiculturalism and racial equality, for depicting "any racially conscious White Person" as a bigot, and for presenting the Holocaust as fact.

Russell Pearce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OUCH!

Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,833,344 times
Quote:

John Adams - Unitarian
Joseph Hewes - Quaker

Charles Carroll-Roman Catholic...ok let me see about this guy..just a moment..

"Grateful to Almighty God for the blessings which, through Jesus Christ Our Lord, He had conferred on my beloved country in her emancipation and on myself in permitting me, under circumstances of mercy, to live to the age of 89 years, and to survive the fiftieth year of independence, adopted by Congress on the 4th of July 1776, which I originally subscribed on the 2d day of August of the same year and of which I am now the last surviving signer."

This blows your post out of the water into liberal nonsense land.

Lewis A. Leonard, Life of Charles Carroll of Carrollton (New York: Moffit, Yard & Co, 1918), pp. 256-257.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration