Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 01:06 AM

211 posts, read 545,135 times

Advertisements

I agree with you Danno3314,
that is the most abused law and should be abolished!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,539,439 times
Referring to the OP question/opinion...

Birthright citizenship abuse must be stopped. STOPPED.

The latest influx of illegal aliens are mexicans, second to the birth tourism from abroad. Abuse of OUR MONEY we pay, what idiots of egotistical character approves of this? Get them out of there!

Rescind and retract!!!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,069 times
<<If you don't carry your proof of citizenship or legal residency, you would indeed be breaking their law. Better carry your papers at all times>>

It's already a law that non-citizens carry proof of their legal right to be in the country. Has been for years. For citizens, a driver's licence, or state ID card will do. When people opposed to the AZ law say "Carry your papers," they're trying to make it sound like everyone has to carry a stack of documents.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 AM

<<Strange. The 14th Amendment never mentions "parents" or "allegiance" once.>>

It mentions the 'children of' various groups instead. Senator Jacob Howard, one of the authors of the 14th Ammnedment, on clarifying the intent said, "This does not of course include (among others) the children of aliens."

Old 05-24-2010, 03:05 AM

<< As I said, I am for AMNESTY for those here now but at some point we are going to have to plug the hole. >>

KevK: The time to plug the hole is now. Amnesty was given in 1986 to what we were told would be 1,000,000 people, but turned out to be 3,000,000. We were promised that the border would be secured, and there would never be another amnesty. Now, with somewhere between12 & 20 million illegal aliens in this country, it's obvious amnesty doesn't work, nor was the border secured. It just encourages more illegal aimmigration. Are we supposed to grant amnesty every 20-25 years when the numbers get so high the government says there are too many to deport? Every time amnesty is mentioned, the word goes out in Mexico, and other countries, and people start heading to the US hoping to cash in.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:32 AM

166 posts, read 247,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?! I will tell you the penalty.............. The penalty is for them to break their track record of breaking the law, and start to become law abiding (Illegal) citizens!!

On a related topic, have you ever heard of the Mexican matricula consular ID card? I was hit by an Illegal Immigrant a couple years ago (twice in the last couple years now..) smashed into my car. His fault, no drivers license, but he presented me with that ID and insurance papers. Later on I started looking into that, found out Illegals can use it to open bank accounts, get car insurance, credit cards, etc. Also found out the Fed's are giving Illegals TIN's so that they can pay into the system. is there really a need for rampant identity theft? just a thought..
I was trying to point out that it was incredibly stupid to state that this will somehow force an illegal to break yet another law...
I love how they see it as something being done against their will. We force them to commit crimes?!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,238,752 times
Yes, even YOU are here illegally, because Natives of this land did NOT ask your previous generations to come to this land, I rest my case.

NO. But racial profiling is illegal, even in Arizona buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh, boy another clueless one living in the past. You say you are sworn to honor the constitution of the U.S. and yet those very ones who framed it came here "illegally" according to you. Now that's funny.

I see, so to enforce our immigration laws is turning one's back on Hispanics? WTH? What does that say about Hispanic citizens that they will punish the politicians at the voting booth for not allowing entry into our country by their ILLEGAL ethnic group? Just who is their loyalty to? Doesn't appear it is to this country and its laws.

We already have treaties with those whose tribes were indigenous to the USA. The Mexican's tribal ancestors were not indigenous to this country and not only that but most of them have that white conquerors European blood coursing through their veins just like many other Americans. So they should talk! Mexican's country is Mexico, not the USA.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,539,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Yes, even YOU are here illegally, because Natives of this land did NOT ask your previous generations to come to this land, I rest my case.

You need to dig around in here and read these arguments you've dredged up, your argument is a dead horse.

You got a beef with how this Country was adopted? Dig up those who are dead an buried, complain to them. As it stands NOW, illegal aliens have laws to follow, if they don't, getout.

Come into the real world of NOW for a refreshing change. Does any pro-illegal alien have any better statements than the old tired ones recited over and again? It really gets boring after awhile and screams ignorance. Yawn.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:58 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,238,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
certainly our current immigration laws are not working. something must be done to stop the low wage black market labor fueled by section 8 food stamp medical and Welfare supplementation.
AZ should be commended for making an attempt to do what
DC refuses to address.
CBP is working, but with a 2,000 mile long border, they say about one million illegals enter the U.S. every year.
This is a great series to watch
Explorer | No End in Sight | National Geographic Channel (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/explorer/3107/Overview - broken link)

it tells American Citizens what they do not know.
There are no more food stamps, recipients are issued a EBT card nearly countrywide, and the recipients must meet certain guidelines. So, black market? I don't think so, unless merchants where the cards are used do illegal things, such as giving cash in lieu of food items, in that case, both the recipient and merchant are taking a big risk.

Employers can do certain things to make sure a person is here legally, but, there are those employers who continue to circumvent the legal system and pay undocumented workers slave wages (less than min. wages)
Until this stops, you will never see the end of illegals.
Several years ago, Walmart was found guilty of hiring illegal floor care workers, yes, your favorite place to shop.
Wal-Mart Settles Illegal Immigrant Case for $11M - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News - FOXNews.com

So, the problem is not entirely DC's fault, there is plenty of finger pointing to go around.

If anyone watches the Natgeo border wars series, you might begin to understand the complexity and dangers of being a CBP officer.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/14310570-post208.html
your post is clueless too.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:10 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,437,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post

There are no "natives" to this land (that we know of... perhaps those we call natives now killed off their predecessors). "Native Americans," too, migrated from Eurasia.

Be that as it may, the law THEN is not the law NOW. Lots of things happened several hundred years ago that are no longer acceptable.

I think the law should be clarified. Again, the US must decide: Do we want a working social net and a basic standard of living for all the peoples in the US, or do we want to encourage the world's poor to come here in droves?

Can't have both, because soon, those needing assistance, and those able to pay for assistance, will become too unbalanced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration