Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and just how far back would you like that applied, retroactively?
No I don't want no retroactive application of the law, only for people that apply for citizenship after the amendment takes effect. Otherwise it would be in violation of the ex-post facto clause. The reason why I want this amendment to be written, is sadly, the vast majority of immigrants today, were raised on ideas that go against the American ideals of borders, language, culture, private property, gun rights, 1st Amendment, and our unique Constitution in general, our ideals are in danger because most immigrants come from countries that DO NOT recognize one or more of these ideals, like Mexico, China, Europe, Australia (the government now has the authority to police internet activity and censor any content deemed "offensive"), etc. I have to correct myself in my first post, naturalized citizens of Mexico can vote, but Mexico reserves the right to bar foreigners from being naturalized and being granted long-term visas if the foreigners start to upset the "equilibrium of the national demographics". Anyway, that's the gist of my post, too many foreigners here influencing the US in too many negatives ways by chipping away at our long-held ideals listed above that we used to be the envy for across the world, but no longer. If Mexico is willing to protect its institutions and way of life from foreign influence, why can't we????

And I'm sorry Opyelie I'm not personally singling you out being an immigrant, but you can see what I mean don't you? Doesn't Australia have the same problems with the boat people, and the thousands upon thousands of Asians (mostly Chinese) emigrating to your country, legally and illegally?

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 06-08-2010 at 12:26 AM..

Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
So basically you would like those not born here to be second class citizens - may as well not even BE citizens in that case.

Sorry, but I get really tired of the backlash against illegals being turned on those who are here legally as well.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So basically you would like those not born here to be second class citizens - may as well not even BE citizens in that case.

Sorry, but I get really tired of the backlash against illegals being turned on those who are here legally as well.
Yes that's an unfortunate consequence, I would happily apply non-voting rights to people that come from countries drastically different from my own, such as China and Mexico and western Europe, but unfortunately liberals will cry fowl over it and claim discrimination and racism, so what else is there to do, except to paint all countries with the same brush? And again I ask you, if Mexico reserves the right to kick and bar foreigners out of Mexico if they deem that the foreigners are upsetting the social fabric of Mexico, why can't Australia or the US do the same? You didn't answer my question. Think of it this way, imagine you had millions of Americans move into Alice Springs and other citizens and subsequently apply to be Aussie citizens, and vote to dismantle your universal health care (ignore whatever opinions you might have positive or negative), wouldn't you be upset and cry fowl too? That's the problem we are having here in this country, look what the Labour Party has done to Britain! Importing millions of immigrants specifically to try and solidify themselves into power in perpetuity, and it worked for 13 years, it won Tony Blair 3 terms and Gordon Brown almost a 2nd term.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Regardless of your opinions on the matter, THIS is the forum for discussing ILLEGAL immigration.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:41 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Getting too emotional about an issue never did anyone any good. If some of you focused more on reading and comprehending instead of repeating the same old mantra and trying to mock your "opponents" we'd possibly have a real discussion here. But since it's apparently very hard to do, I'm left with no other choice.
Thread closed.
Yac.

Oh, and I mean people from both sides of the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.