Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
And then HB 1804 passed and 99% of the Illegals fled the state of Oklahoma.

And we lived happily ever after,

Now Oklahomans are fighting for Arizona and the rest of the USA.
where does this 99% number come from...the back side of a Oklahomer Steer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Prime example, the inner part of Denver. Anyone that can afford to get out does. What's left are mostly poor Latinos comprised of Illegals and their children. LA, SD and Phoenix all exhibit the same behavior.

The part that really sucks for places like San Diego is the busing from the border. Now everyone gets to feel the pain of ESL students.
I left Phoenix for this reason. I guess that must make me racist because I did not want to live around the illegals any longer.
In 1994 my street was very colorful - with people from all over the world. In 2004 we were the last to leave the neighborhood to the Latinos, both legal and illegal. It makes me sad that we all gave up and let them have the neighborhood, but it wasn't a part of the America we knew - it just wasn't.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This is something, one of the many things, that I have a problem with in regards to illegal immigration. The funny thing is that the President is jumping through hoops just to help illegal immigrants, who are mainly Mexican, while black people gave him the vote. It's a messed up situation and no one is talking about it, well, at least not on a loud enough level. I grew up in a place that saw illegal immigration grow over the last two decades. I was ten years old playing basketball at the park when I first noticed the illegal immigration problem. We'd have Mexicans (no disrespect or no racism, just truth and fact) come in by the tens, playing basketball all day, taking the courts that we used to play on as kids. We had to wait for them and they were undocumented, yes, we knew they were. Then, the neighborhood started changing. They started taking the apartments because no one wanted to live around them and that's just because of a bunch of reasons.

That is one of the many reasons why I am passionate against illegal immigration. I am black and I know that black people haven't even gotten their collective piece of the American Pie. Yes, it is our own doing a lot of times that kept us from getting it, but I'll be damned if I sit back and watch people from another country that doesn't even care about us, come in and take food out of the mouths of my fellow black people. To top it off, Mexicans come here arrogant towards whites and blacks and have no respect. Then, the NAACP or people like Al Sharpton want to march for them and speak for them (and this was way before Arizona's bill). Black people need to start speaking up on this and they will soon see because people start noticing when food is taken off of their table. That is being felt by both black and white people.
I so agree with this. I am white (and Jewish) and have seen blacks suffer the consequences of illegal immigration far more so than whites.

Unlike illegals, black Americans have a rightful place here. And they are sadly unique in America as being the only immigrant group that did not immigrate here willingly but were rather forced (i.e. captured) to come here. As far as I am concerned they have every right to scream, cry, howl, pound their fists, etc. on this issue. RAISE HELL. Black Americans are getting screwed AGAIN and it's BS.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:42 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
Quote:
Lakewooder;14516934]
As for hispanics who speak English and not Spanish, yes that's true, at least in my experience. I had friends who could not speak Spanish who were chided and bullied by the new arrivals and called 'coconuts' etc...
The irony of all is that Spanish is a European(aka white) language.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
This article is proof that people still don't want black people succeeding in America. People will say that black people need to focus more on education and improving their economical status, but when they start doing as such, they are being accused of "Black Flight"
Hey...this is not a color divided issue.

American citizens in general are leaving the school districts which are heavily populated with ESL learners because more time and effort is given to these children than to the children of citizens, Black, White, Brown, Red, or polka dotted...it doesn't matter.

When budgets are exhausted providing for illegal aliens, ALL American children are on the losing end.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I so agree with this. I am white (and Jewish) and have seen blacks suffer the consequences of illegal immigration far more so than whites.

Unlike illegals, black Americans have a rightful place here. And they are sadly unique in America as being the only immigrant group that did not immigrate here willingly but were rather forced (i.e. captured) to come here. As far as I am concerned they have every right to scream, cry, howl, pound their fists, etc. on this issue. RAISE HELL. Black Americans are getting screwed AGAIN and it's BS.
Yep, but it is our responsibility to speak up, take action and make sure that we aren't having our rights violated.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Doing cursory research from the statistics provided with this article it appears that the DISD hispanic population increased by 70,000 plus this year over 1986 when amnesty was granted and supposedly the borders were closed.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Yep, but it is our responsibility to speak up, take action and make sure that we aren't having our rights violated.
But we're Racists if we do that!

Old 06-12-2010, 04:33 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
But we're Racists if we do that!
I know where you are coming from. But on that note:

Do it and just ignore the people that call you and others racist. I've noticed that a lot of people who want to march and speak out against illegal immigration don't because they are afraid of being called a racist or being grouped as racist. I say, "Do you and handle what comes when it comes." I've been called things in my life and I just roll with it. If someone wants to call me a racist, how does that hurt me? I'll speak my mind and try to tell them where I am coming from and if they continue to call me racist then oh well.

I mean, if you think about it ... what's the pro illegal people's biggest comeback? It's "You all are racist!" OK ... and let's keep marching against them. It's a word. If that keeps people from speaking their mind then we will never meet our goals.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:17 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
I know where you are coming from. But on that note:

Do it and just ignore the people that call you and others racist. I've noticed that a lot of people who want to march and speak out against illegal immigration don't because they are afraid of being called a racist or being grouped as racist. I say, "Do you and handle what comes when it comes." I've been called things in my life and I just roll with it. If someone wants to call me a racist, how does that hurt me? I'll speak my mind and try to tell them where I am coming from and if they continue to call me racist then oh well.

I mean, if you think about it ... what's the pro illegal people's biggest comeback? It's "You all are racist!" OK ... and let's keep marching against them. It's a word. If that keeps people from speaking their mind then we will never meet our goals.
It doesn't phase me one bit.............I was being sarcastic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration