Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 12:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

This summer has been great, except for a couple weeks the humidity was oppressive. The high temps have not been bad at all. I have to say that last winter was one of the worst I can remember, not because of the extreme cold or all the snow, just for the duration of it, the gray, cold, and unrelenting darkness of it. And then the Spring brought us one deluge of rain after another, which kept the temperatures low and it seemed like an extended winter.

If you want the perfect climate you should move to Hawaii, otherwise, you are going to have weather issues anywhere in North America, it's just a matter of which ones you are suited for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 11:18 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,046,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This summer has been great, except for a couple weeks the humidity was oppressive. The high temps have not been bad at all. I have to say that last winter was one of the worst I can remember, not because of the extreme cold or all the snow, just for the duration of it, the gray, cold, and unrelenting darkness of it. And then the Spring brought us one deluge of rain after another, which kept the temperatures low and it seemed like an extended winter.

If you want the perfect climate you should move to Hawaii, otherwise, you are going to have weather issues anywhere in North America, it's just a matter of which ones you are suited for.
Oops, you missed California. Probably better climate than Hawaii IMO.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:13 AM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
My ideal climate is the Northwoods, I much prefer snow and colder weather than most other hot/humid/mild boring climates.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:31 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Oops, you missed California. Probably better climate than Hawaii IMO.
Not lately, they have been regularly seeing triple digits, to say nothing of extreme drought.When I lived in Hawaii the temperature variation was usually around 78 to 88 degrees, winter/summer. It was as close to perfect as you'll find.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:40 PM

629 posts, read 543,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Not lately, they have been regularly seeing triple digits, to say nothing of extreme drought.When I lived in Hawaii the temperature variation was usually around 78 to 88 degrees, winter/summer. It was as close to perfect as you'll find.

there hasn't been drought in California for like 4 years...

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

Old 08-04-2019, 12:09 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmatite View Post
there hasn't been drought in California for like 4 years...

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/
The drought conditions have migrated to the Pacific Northwest.

It appears Orange, Riverside, Imperial, and San Diego counties are abnormally dry.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Curre...onitor.aspx?CA

Old 09-29-2019, 03:35 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Default Another useless year in IL-Annoy

This last winter was terrible. Snow and freaking cold from November to May. Tons of rain and a useless June. July August and half of September were fair but now were into more useless rain And crap weather. And winter is just around the corner

12 more years of this dump

Old 09-29-2019, 07:31 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times
If you could see the screen with no problems, be thankful. If you had all 10 fingers to type with, be thankful. If while you typed it, you didn't need an oxygen machine, be thankful....so many people are in horrible accidents or dieing. Just be thankful! If the weather is the worst thing, you actually have it good! Peace! Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 09-29-2019, 08:09 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,851,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This last winter was terrible. Snow and freaking cold from November to May. Tons of rain and a useless June. July August and half of September were fair but now were into more useless rain And crap weather. And winter is just around the corner

12 more years of this dump
You need a new outlook on life.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:36 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
25 years ago I thought the same, so relocated to Floriduh; pardon the intentional pun.
Back then there was a rainy season, everyday from June until the first cold front late Fall.
And then there were 4 hurricanes in a 2 year span...so I retired out of Floriduh.
The above 2 postings have merit, as Norway always rates among the happiest group on the planet; with their 8 months of winter.
Life is much too short to allow circumstances beyond our control to ruin.
//www.city-data.com/forum/illin...ear-round.html
Your identical thread from July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois