Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekor8r View Post
Just wanted to share the news....another offer coming in. Yippeee!!
Well yeeeeehawwwww~!!!

I wish I would get an offer on my house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 05:41 PM

12 posts, read 34,324 times
You will Domergurl! Keep in close contact with your realtor. (if your using one). Be the "squeaky wheel". I remember one time I dropped donuts off at their office. Funny how those little things let them know you are still around waiting for your house to SELL!

Old 01-02-2007, 09:49 PM

8 posts, read 26,951 times
Domergurl...I feel your pain! We relocated to NWI from Noblesville - took 10 months to sell! My post is a little late so I'm hoping you've sold your home by now! We've been here for a year and I am extremely homesick for Indy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm not sure modular homes appreciate ... oh heck, the housing market is so dang depressing ... just find something that you like! Yes, I'm bitter. We are trying to sell our home in Fishers and it's just sickening.

We looked for houses in Lafayette and West Lafayette a few years back when my husband was thinking about taking a job there. There's a lot to choose from. Can't tell you much about Delphi, but Monticello is very touristy. Had a good friend who lived there and ended up going to Lafayette every couple days to buy groceries because the monticello stores were very expensive.

We Hoosiers are friendly all over! Welcome.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:55 PM

8 posts, read 26,951 times
Domergurl...I think I just might be living in your podunk hick town in northern Indiana!!! I'm from Indy and relocated to NWI a year ago! It's a tough way to go in NWI - it's either Gary or podunk hick town - not much in between (okay, not much in between that is reasonably priced!)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I love Fishers. I grew up in a podunk hick town in northern Indiana and hated it. I always swore I would always live in a large town. Lived in Chicago for awhile and we have settled in Fishers for the last 3 years. We are actually contemplating taking our house off the market because we do really hate to leave. Hubby is commuting a little over an hour to his new job in Columbus. So far, so good, but we'll see when the winter ice starts.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:23 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,157,433 times
what's wrong with living in a podunk hick town? I was down in Vernon/North Vernon, Indiana (Jennings County) over Christmas vacation and the folks down there did not appear to be miserable. Frankly, there can be beauty being in a hick place where people are simple, straight-talking and not pretentious.

"Life is what you make of it and not what life makes of you."

Your affable and loving Hoosier Hick

Old 02-24-2007, 04:48 PM

20 posts, read 79,572 times
I myself may be moving to the Columbus, Indiana area for my husbands job. We are from New England. Is the town of Columbus nice? What would my other options be for great schools, decent commute, nice neighborhoods, etc.? Appreciate the help.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:57 AM

20 posts, read 79,572 times
Default is columbus, indiana a nice town?

Good morning.
I may be moving from New England to Indiana and my husband would need to be in commuting distance to Columbus,Indiana. Would anyone recommend that town as a place to live/raise kids? Any other towns close by that would work for us?

Thanks

Old 05-22-2007, 11:24 AM

24 posts, read 147,174 times
How is the traffic going down to 70 on Fall Creek Rd to reach the Eastside?

Old 05-22-2007, 11:30 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Fall Creek Rd. & 70 don't intersect ... do they? 70 intersects with Shadeland, Pendleton Pike & 56th ...

70 is a mess right now anyway. Basically, you have to get off on 465 or drive through all the construction until you get the the north/south split.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:15 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,519,407 times
Default modulars

If you do end up going with a modular...just remember to make sure the construction was done to the most updated safety codes for wind. Although the chances of any particular house getting impacted by a tornado is very small...Indiana has a far greater number then anywhere in NE.

Also...from what I have noticed...modulars in the 1800-2000 sq ft range are not that much cheaper than framed houses. Don;t know if you were looking at the cost aspect...but there isn't much difference esp. when you take into account the structural integrity.

Good luck with the move. I am originally from upstate NY and miss New England terribly...everything that is except being broke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana