Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:37 AM

18 posts, read 86,044 times

Advertisements

Not from here, you obviously don't know me at all. Because anyone that does, knows that I'm very friendly. remember, I'm the one that extended my hand to you and offered for you to give me a call. And you slaped back.

Many hundreds of people are working hard every day to make a difference in this community. And I do it, not for recognition, not for my own amusement, I do it because I love this city. And I want to be apart of the solution not the problem. That's why I have taken great offense to the slamming of everyone and everything about this community.

Like someone posted before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, this was mine. And I'm sorry if you have taken offense by me not siding in with you on this issue that doesn't exist for the vast majority of us in Logan.

I wish you the best of luck. And the offer still stands, give me a call and I'll get you envolved with people you'll like.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Kado
what Sully Gardner wrote about Logansport was posted on the Internet last fall and it's still out there. a Google search takes you right to it.

I am not out to 'sully' anyone's reputation.

Maybe the good folks of Logansport need their own 'Town Hall Net' forum where they can post about different things going on in the town or about what should be going on to make it a better place to live and work. Of course, they should be able to use either their real names like Sully Gardner or screen names if they are fearful their reputations may be sullied.
You can surley see how personaly I'm taking this.
We do have our own local blogs, and alot of people are very active on it. And the majority of the issues on there is in regards to the community and issues relating to being proactive. ( and then we have the stuff regarding the upcoming elections) which for the moment makes for the best reading....you know, everyone loves drama.

I don't mind the negative comments from people like Not From here,( because she's from here) but, the crap from sully was just uncalled for . I'd love to know if he was to drunk to know where he was.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Not from here.....you just gave yourself away. I re-read your posts and it's very obvious. Oh, I'm very sorry for getting suckered into this one. You had me going for awhile.

Nice try........adieu to you too.

P.S. too bad you didn't leave your original post on here, It was far more interesting.

Last edited by Kado Downs; 02-24-2007 at 10:13 AM..

Old 02-24-2007, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,361 times
Default My thoughts

I am the Mayor of this Logansport. I am not a native but I have lived here for 39 years I married a girl from Logansport and moved here then. It really concerns me when people talk about Loganspor the way they do on these blogs. We are not perfect but we are trying. Logansport has gone through some years of decline and the attitude was part of the reason. For some crazy reason some people here have a defeatest attitude. I was raised by a single parent and was taught to believe in yourself, treat people the way you want to be treated, and if you see something wrong don't complain about it fix it or keep quiet. That is why I got involved in the politics of the community. I served as street commissioner for Mayor John Davis, I left and went to the private sector and ran for council I served two full terms on the council then ran for Mayor. I honestly love this community or I would not have spent the last 3 plus years working to improve it. We have a ways to go but it didn't get in this shape in 3 years so it will take a little time to improve. I hope you understand that I am uncomfortable writing here because it will be read by some and everything I have said will be twisted but I could not let some of the comments go by without responding. If anyone would like to talk to me about Logansport and Cass county please do not just contact a blog and beleive everything that is written. Please contact the Mayor's Office at 574-753-2551 if you are in town please stop if I am available I will gladly take tiime and speak with you. We are progressing and I will not take up anymore space on this post (probably my last). Thank you

Old 02-24-2007, 05:03 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,157,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Mike Fincher View Post
I am the Mayor of this Logansport. I am not a native but I have lived here for 39 years I married a girl from Logansport and moved here then. It really concerns me when people talk about Loganspor the way they do on these blogs. We are not perfect but we are trying. Logansport has gone through some years of decline and the attitude was part of the reason. For some crazy reason some people here have a defeatest attitude. I was raised by a single parent and was taught to believe in yourself, treat people the way you want to be treated, and if you see something wrong don't complain about it fix it or keep quiet. That is why I got involved in the politics of the community. I served as street commissioner for Mayor John Davis, I left and went to the private sector and ran for council I served two full terms on the council then ran for Mayor. I honestly love this community or I would not have spent the last 3 plus years working to improve it. We have a ways to go but it didn't get in this shape in 3 years so it will take a little time to improve. I hope you understand that I am uncomfortable writing here because it will be read by some and everything I have said will be twisted but I could not let some of the comments go by without responding. If anyone would like to talk to me about Logansport and Cass county please do not just contact a blog and beleive everything that is written. Please contact the Mayor's Office at 574-753-2551 if you are in town please stop if I am available I will gladly take tiime and speak with you. We are progressing and I will not take up anymore space on this post (probably my last). Thank you
Hello Mayor Mike

that was a post of assurance about your non-native leadership of the city. Keep up the good work and don't forget to win the election later this year.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks mayor Fincher , I know you have alot riding on this years election. And that took alot of guts and courage to post. This is why you are my Mayor. Well done.

And Thanks Shrek for the words of encouragement to Mayor Fincher, That means alot to me And this community.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:18 AM

5 posts, read 19,302 times
This edict just in, anyone with an opinion differing from LL, LEDF or the CofC is hereby outlawed!! Furthermore, Logansport will now be referred to as "Logansport the Perfect City!!" C'mon guys, grow a thicker skin. Do you really think that everyone is going to think everything is so great here?? If you do, then you're being totally unrealistic. Kado, I think you need to chill man. I know that there are a lot of people working real hard to turn things around, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. You really can't legislate that or go beating people over the heads to get them to think your way. Once people see changes for the better, then their opinions will change.

Also, I've heard the church-bar story as well. Many times. From what I remember, it occurred at the turn of the century, early 1900's. Ask Dave Kitchell, he probably knows it. Looks like the churchleaders idea worked wouldn't you say? Why come down on not for that? I notice that you didn't try to discount any of the other things in her post. Probably because you know it's true. So why would she make that up? It's because she didn't that's why.

If people aren't allowed to come here & express an opinion about things, then what's the point? From what I can tell here, Pat asked a question, some folks gave their opinions and you got all hopped up about it and got some of your big shot friends to come and post as well. I think if anyone scared Pat away, it's you all with your circling like vultures hoping she spends big bucks on a delapidated house that will need tons of repairs. Would you be as interested in her if she was going to buy a house on Ottawa or Linden? I think I'd be a little hesitant to come here if I was her after reading all this. Kado you almost seem bipolar in your posts. In one you're saying that not sounds like she has a lot to give to the community and then a few posts later you're slamming her. That's not very friendly of you and since you said you're one of the friendliest people that she'd ever meet, it just makes a person wonder.

Let's not be so narrowminded to think that everyone must share our viewpoint. Let's be able to express our opinions without acrimony and try to work together to make Logansport what we would like it to be. A community where there are more haves than there are have nots (and right now there are more have nots than haves) and that we care about those that need and not ignore the fact that they exist and only work for the haves in our community.

Just my two cents. Or maybe twenty five.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,308 times
Default We Live on the Row

We move to Logansport from Arizona 2 years ago to save one of the amazing houses on Bankers Row. We ended up restoring 2 of them! Some of our restoration journey can be seen at www.kelleyjackson.com. We would be happy to answer any questions you have about our neighborhood, Pat.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:59 AM

Well like Said before, The only posts I had a problem with is with the people how don't live here and hasn't been here in a long time. please re-read all the posts before writing a deduction of the thread. This always helps in the conversation process.

I still can't gather if you're for hypocricy or against it. Because ( If you would have read the posts) I wrote everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this is mine. It seems that you are saying.... Everyone should have an equal say, as long as they agree with you. Well, I'll assume you meant to clarify that with a more impartial view.... that wasn't evident.

As for not answering questions......I didn't see anything much that needed my attention or that I had an answer for. I only suggested that if she has issues, Be apart of the solution not part of the problem. So what was flaming about that? Very solid advise in my honest opinion.

I'm assuming you're reading way too far into my postings and are taking them in a context that will serve to back up your speculation regarding my literary mental health.

Through out this whole post , I've made no bones about some of the discussion that I have been upset with. Perhaps it was another point of veiw that should be aloted to others, but not to myself. And trust me, if you did know me, you would know that I'm a very nice guy. And like anyone, I can get mad too. Especially at people who complain without a clear understanding of the problems. ( But thats another thread)

I wonder if you could give me some examples of the of the Haves and have-nots. And how do you propose it should be fixed? I'm curious about your takes on the questions I did not answer.

And as for me and my " High Powered Friends"...first of all, I didn't get them on here. Second of all, I have noticed that we are the only people who have the courage to be on here using our REAL names.

In my experience, it would seem that the people with nothing to hide always steps up to the line. so where do you stand?.....What do you stand for?

DISCLAIMER:
Please note: at no time during this post was I upset or angery. Any unintentional aspects regarding that some posters should back up their points of view,without attacking my points of view may or may not be adhered too, and any sarcasim should be taken lightly herein.( let me know if I missed anything)

Last edited by Kado Downs; 02-25-2007 at 09:20 AM..

Old 02-25-2007, 09:40 AM

5 posts, read 19,302 times
You are entitled to your opinion Mr. Downs. No one is refuting that. I think the point that I was trying to make (and obviously didn't do very well) is that you took the opinions of others so personally. There really was no need for that. Pat was asking for opinions, people gave theirs and right away you took offense and made sarcastic and cutting remarks about people going off and coloring together. Doesn't seem too friendly to me, but again, that is my opinion.

As for the have nots, if you don't know who they are, then there really is a problem. I'm referring to those that do not live in the east end in the high dollar houses that was mentioned in one of the other posts. Folks that don't have high paying jobs and probably never will. It seems to me that most of the organizations that have been mentioned here in this thread really don't address any of those issues, but deal mostly with people who do have money and are able to start businesses. Am I wrong about that? I don't know what the answer is to that either. What I do know is that there are a lot of people in this community that really are on the fringe and have no one speaking up for them.

Everyone gets mad about things that they disagree with, but I don't think it's necessary to cast dispersions on people just because you don't agree with their viewpoint. Which I may have done earlier when I pointed out the discrepancy in your responses to not. I apologize for that. The same way that you are entitled to an opinion, so are the rest of the folks who have posted here. But can't it be done without bashing each other just because they hold a different view than you do? You don't know another persons situation, how can you comment on it? And since you don't know not, how do you know she's not doing something and standing up and trying to make changes? Sounds to me like she's pretty involved in her community. Isn't that a good thing? Just because she's not part of your organizations doesn't mean that she's not doing something.

I guess I see a little hypocrisy in what you're saying because you say you didn't take issue with her, but I see it differently. Guess that's my perception. So we'll have to disagree on this point.

Maybe just accepting that people can have differing viewpoints and still get along could be the first step. What d'ya say? Like it's been said, can we agree to disagree? Maybe not think of each other as enemies, but adversaries who both care about Logansport. I think that sounds like a good plan. How about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana