Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:12 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I love British black kids. They're not *usually* into all that ghetto American black lifestyle. More well-dressed and well-mannered.

I'm sure your kids will be just fine. Everyone loves a British accent that I know.

Then again, my opinion is probably worth nothing since I've never lived in or been to Indiana.
And you're exactly the type of person that these people need to avoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 05:34 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Sounds like you know even less about an American black lifestyle but couldn't resist the opportunity to diss it in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
And you're exactly the type of person that these people need to avoid.
You two misunderstood me.

In my opinion, there are two types of black culture:

1) the ghetto/hood type that we all know of that is pretty popular these days
2) everything else

Of course I'm not an expert on AA culture but I'm just calling it like I see it.

I'm not dissing on black people at all. A good majority of my friends are black/Hispanic.

Stop being so uptight.

Last edited by ja1myn; 05-31-2013 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Typos.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:50 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,912,056 times
Quote:

2) everything else

Of course I'm not an expert on AA culture but I'm just calling it like I see it.

I'm not dissing on black people at all. A good majority of my friends are black/Hispanic.

Stop being so uptight.
The point is that you didn't say anything constructive. And apparently you are either unware that you insulted a culture or don't care. Also you didn't help your case by openly admitting to not being an expert on the very culture you insulted. Btw stating you have black friends don't give you an out it just confirms that more than likely you don't have black friends.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:03 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
sorry ja1myn ... you pigeonholed an entire group into 2 categories ... it's insulting. It's like me saying about whites:

there are rednecks
there are snobs

do you fit in either of those categories?

Further, do you know anything about Westfield? Were you speaking to Westfield specifically? The OP was asking about Westfield.

I know you have an opinion and that's ok. But it's also ok for us to tell you that we disagree. Some will do it nicer than others. I will respectfully tell you that I disagree. I disagree because culture isn't a black and white issue. Culture is very very colorful.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:58 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Cant speak for westfield but next door in carmel your family would fit right in. My daugters elementry school has mor nationalities then the U.N. they even have a international food festival each year. Black british would just add to the uniqueness that is certain areas of carmel. Carmel as a whole is acceipting as long as you dress fairly nice (clean).

Old 06-06-2013, 01:51 PM

15 posts, read 27,865 times
Quote:
I love British black kids. They're not *usually* into all that ghetto American black lifestyle. More well-dressed and well-mannered.

I'm sure your kids will be just fine. Everyone loves a British accent that I know.

Then again, my opinion is probably worth nothing since I've never lived in or been to Indiana.
Well this is the most obnoxiously ignorant comment I've read all day...I'd say your opinion is still worthless regardless of where you have our have not lived

Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 PM

15 posts, read 27,865 times
Quote:

2) everything else

Stop being so uptight.
Oops, my last comment was incorrect. This is the most ignorant load of bs I've read all day! Why not just accept folks are different and stop trying to apply your obnoxious little stereotypes?

Old 02-16-2014, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 753 times
Hi,
We moved from London to Noblesville 5 years ago. My daughter loves it! And has no problems with being black with a british accent! She attends HSE now and has unfortunately pretty much lost her accent! Maybe we should get our kids together?.. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis