Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:34 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,863 times

Advertisements

"Augmented Google Earth Gets Real-Time People, Cars, Clouds"

Augmented Google Earth Gets Real-Time People, Cars, Clouds | Popular Science
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 07:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
From their video of an augmented virtual Earth, you can see if the pickup soccer game in the park is short a player, how traffic is on the highway, and how fast the wind is blowing the clouds across the sky.
..or show the bad guys when your leaving your house so someone can steal all your stuff. I realize this is not live on Google maps and such an application of this technology should never be public.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:23 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
..or show the bad guys when your leaving your house so someone can steal all your stuff. I realize this is not live on Google maps and such an application of this technology should never be public.
The only kool thing I could think of for personal use is being stuck over here in Sweden, I'd at least be able to see an actual football game and listen to the internet radio of the game. I'm sure the NFL would hate that. All those game Blackouts would end up a thing of the past.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:18 AM

737 posts, read 1,649,199 times
I doult that google earth would really ever go live. I mean I could just see people looking in windows ect trying to get a peek. Alot of people already have problems with google earth as it is.

Alot of people have problems with home surveillance cameras even. The law states that they can't be pointed into bedroom windows or another homes windows.

I had a neighbor who had one and I didn't have a problem with it I told him. Then all of a sudden the camera was pointed at my house it did kind of bother me but no way he could see into my house with the angle. I had a few problems around the house and asked him if he saw anything and he always said he didn't because the tape was on a loop it would record over and over on the same tape and if he didn't catch it right away it would be gone. He only had one tape.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:21 AM

256 posts, read 479,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Everything can be used for evil. That does not mean it should not be allowed.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:34 PM

107 posts, read 268,223 times
This is wrong, very very wrong and shouldn't be a commercial product.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,527 times
Default tatiana wong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
"Augmented Google Earth Gets Real-Time People, Cars, Clouds"

[URL="http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-09/augmented-google-earth-gets-real-time-people-cars-clouds"]Augmented Google Earth Gets Real-Time People, Cars, Clouds | Popular Science[/URL]

Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
I doult that google earth would really ever go live. I mean I could just see people looking in windows ect trying to get a peek. Alot of people already have problems with google earth as it is.

Alot of people have problems with home surveillance cameras even. The law states that they can't be pointed into bedroom windows or another homes windows.

I had a neighbor who had one and I didn't have a problem with it I told him. Then all of a sudden the camera was pointed at my house it did kind of bother me but no way he could see into my house with the angle. I had a few problems around the house and asked him if he saw anything and he always said he didn't because the tape was on a loop it would record over and over on the same tape and if he didn't catch it right away it would be gone. He only had one tape.
In our city it is against the law to point a security camera anywhere except your own property. That guy would get a fine if it was reported here.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Just got had by a One Post Wonder. Damn! 3 years old...

Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 AM

61,730 posts, read 87,147,355 times
That would work like a giant live video camera.
I don't see much difference. Right now with the city monitoring system everything is live recorded anyway, and eventually will expand to cover every country and then the whole Earth.

Quote:
In our city it is against the law to point a security camera anywhere except your own property. That guy would get a fine if it was reported here.
In general, most video recordings are legal in the U.S. with or without consent. Laws do exist regarding "Invasion of Privacy" which deals with the area of expected privacy. These include areas such as bathrooms, locker rooms, changing/dressing rooms, bedrooms and other areas where a person should expect a high level of personal privacy.
http://www.safetybasement.com/Securi...tion-s/385.htm

Last edited by elnina; 09-17-2012 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet