Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:20 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangles View Post
How can anyone say that a company is 1000 times worth their net income? Isn’t that like paying 1000 dollars to earn 1 dollar? That isn’t a bubble, it’s a delusion. People claim the institutions stole money setting such a low offering price, but in reality they set intentionally high prices as most IPO post sales fall anywhere from 30-75% of their IPO - this was delineated in Benjamin Graham’s Intelligent Investor. What was true in the 70s is true today.

Stay away from IPO hype.
I agree you have a point. I think the hype is in the reach they have, the amount of subscribers, they havnt been profitable but some people think with the reach tehy have they just need to figoure out how to profit off of it and can make big money.

Here's why I think their reach is overhyped. Recently in the career section of this forum someone asked if others liked linked in. A few people said yes but an overwhelming majority said I have an account but find it kinda pointless nad dno't use it.

This is the same with my freinds. We all have accounts nobody uses them much or finds much value. I do hav one buddy who's in sales who says it helps him if nothing else learn some inside info about a potential clients interests, family, etc in tern of hvaing an in but overall I think me, my friends and most people on that forum post just signed up because a coworker, parent, etc said you have to be on linked in so I think they have a lot of people signed up but I bet less than a 1/4 are avid users.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 05:06 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
yes lmao.

Linkedin is a bubble. If you ask me linkedin at 94$ per share is the single riskiest stock on the market. This company is clearly in a bubble. There is no way that company is worth ~$8 billion.

Lets look at the numbers: 161 million revenue and only 1.85 million profit. Even next year they say the company won't even generate a profit due to expansion and where does the company generate its money? google adsense. Unless this company figures out new ways to generate income then it won't make much money.
Nice call on my part Called bubble at 94$/share. Now its at 65$/share and 6.19billion valuation.

I still think its a bubble, though. Its headed for 20-30$/share probably.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:36 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
LinkedIn CEO, other insiders prepare to sell stock:
LinkedIn CEO, other insiders prepare to sell stock - Yahoo! News

is this a new trend?
They are going to tell us before they sell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing