Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 06:23 PM

106,691 posts, read 108,880,922 times

Advertisements

i like to take the thoughts and ideas of those smarter than me and keep improving not only my own plans but i adopt those as my own views as well and bring that info to other forums so other dummies like me can be smart too..

even for my investing i partner up with those who are brilliant in the area , my real estate partner was one of the most brilliant real estate moguls in the country.

i really am not that smart considering how well i have done as an investor but i recognize the fact i only know what i know and don't know a thing about what i don't know so i find the really smart folks who do know and learn from them.

if you read alot of my posts you will see most of the time i am the person going against the grain or bringing up things folks have never realized or thought of .

of course they think i thought of it but time and time again i have to remind them i am only bringing fire to the natives. i didn't invent it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 06:42 PM

106,691 posts, read 108,880,922 times
I think the biggest obstacle to success folks have is the believe their own bull to be the only correct view.

They take a view of things based only on what they see and know. The problem is our brains can't deal with what we don't know and many times that is a big chunk of stuff.

Folks need to sleep with the enemy but they don't. They hang out with and support only those who share their own views.

Many times when you familarize yourself with the enemy and really learn their views you change your own when you get both halves of the story correctly.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:28 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,913,395 times
I am beating the market, hedge fund managers, and most retail investors with my strategy. I have avoided a crash, made money on a crash, timed the Euro, GLD, etc.

I had some misses. I do have some long term positions that are down. Thanks to my day trading though, I am up 7% total, for the year. And I NEVER keep more than 20% of my money in the market over night.

My trading strategy is about as safe as it gets.

Last edited by andywire; 08-26-2015 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing