Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 02:50 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,496,767 times

Advertisements

He has until end of the month to sell 5 million shares of TSLA stock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2021, 07:41 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,537,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
He has until end of the month to sell 5 million shares of TSLA stock
He is selling-but only to pay the tax liability associated with his stock options. He's adding shares to his ownership with every move. More info: https://www.barrons.com/articles/tes...er-51639105245 He's not a fool; he's exercising those options now before Biden and the Democrat Congress raises income tax rates, which could happen as soon as next year. Technically I don't think he needs to do so until next summer-the sale now is to beat the greed of the Biden administration.

Old 12-13-2021, 08:08 PM

he is exercising his option at $6.xx per share and sell them the same day to pay capital gain tax.he still have millions of shares to sell till dec 31 st.
it has nothing t o do with next year,it is for 2021 tax return.
Is he wearing a toupee now?

Old 12-17-2021, 10:53 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,056,971 times
(Disclosure: Just bought some shares this morning)

My key question: How will the average Tesla customer make their car purchase decisions?

Strengths
- Despite the flaws, Teslas are generally perceived as "best in class" vehicles as evidenced by the pricing power. For example, someone will buy a Mach E or ID4 only if it's cheaper than a Model Y.
- Margins are very high. Each Tesla that rolls off the assembly line is highly profitable, which goes back to brand/pricing power.
- Newer non-Tesla EVs sound compelling but there are ramp up challenges, which means Tesla will own its market segments for a few more years. As an aside, I love how the Lucid Air looks so I hope they ramp up production.
- With the eminent opening of two gigafactories, Tesla's BEV manufacturing capacity will be unmatched for years.

Potential Weaknesses
- There's no guarantee the EV tax credit will pass, especially if inflation continues to run hot. To the average person who reserved a Tesla in anticipation of this, this may compel to cancel the reservation. Further, some of the recent price hikes seem to be in anticipation of the tax credit passing, which means Tesla may be forced to cut prices in the event this bill doesn't pass. This will cause a cascade of order cancellations which will compound the problem (for Tesla).
- As a Tesla faithful, I am getting a bit annoyed with the extended delays for Cybertruck/Semi/and especially the Roadster. The Roadster was unveiled nearly 5 years ago yet still hasn't entered production.
- While the Cybertruck order agreement gives Tesla the right to revise pricing, it would be a PR disaster if a $50k configuration is hiked to $60k before delivery to customer. The Cybertruck order agreement refers to the reservation price as an "estimate" but even this may paint Tesla in a corner as an estimate is presumably something that is a ballpark figure, in good faith. Input costs have risen since Tesla touted that ambitious pricing.

Old 12-24-2021, 03:33 PM

2,341 posts, read 2,675,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newporttom View Post
This is where that Jason Bateman meme should be. "That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how that works out for him."

For the record Tesla closed at $499.27 the day he posted this.
And for the record Tesla entered December at $1,144.76 and heart84 was never heard from again

Old 12-24-2021, 03:38 PM

2,341 posts, read 2,675,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
So is now the time to buy Tesla since it's down or what?
Yes it was. Even though I said I wasn't going to buy more, I bought 5 more shares at $987. Tesla below $1,000 was a gift. Below $900 like it was for a while was crazy IMO.

Old 12-25-2021, 04:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newporttom View Post
And for the record Tesla entered December at $1,144.76 and heart84 was never heard from again
Believe he was banned, on both c/d and twitter, and right around the same time. Strange.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 12-25-2021 at 04:19 AM..

Old 12-25-2021, 07:28 AM

Ergo, it is hard to see how one could think there is fraud greater than Theranos / Nikola
-----------------------
History is littered with fraud,Enron is a name to reckon with in US history,how about Maddox,cant spell his name right

Old 12-25-2021, 08:13 AM

2,749 posts, read 1,785,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Believe he was banned, on both c/d and twitter, and right around the same time. Strange.
doesn't appear to be banned on c/d, go to one of his posts and it still says "Senior Member"

Old 12-25-2021, 09:25 AM

7,861 posts, read 3,850,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Ergo, it is hard to see how one could think there is fraud greater than Theranos / Nikola
What's your forecast for the Elizabeth Holmes / Theranos trial?

Quote:
Ms. Holmes, 37, faces two counts of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and nine counts of wire fraud for allegedly lying about Theranos's technology to land money and fame. If convicted, she could serve up to 20 years in prison.
Personally, I predict a guilty on all counts. But, since it is Christmas, the jury might just take pity on her and convict on only one count of conspiracy and maybe 2 counts of wire fraud.

I suspect the judge will sentence her to probation and perhaps bar her from being an officer in a publicly traded company in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing