Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2022, 01:41 PM

5,481 posts, read 6,314,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
treasurekidd - I am holding GOOG at an average price of $100. Thoughts?
Well, I don't really follow GOOG, but I'd be fine holding GOOG at $100. In fact, if I did, I'd consider averaging down if it gets to $90. Just looking at it quick I'd think fair value if around $135 would be about right.

GOOG is a great company. Youtube ad revenue was down like 2%, and though I haven't compared them with others, I've got to think that's much better than META and SNAP. Overall revenue grew yoy, search grew a bit, cloud grew a lot, monster FCF and rock solid balance sheet - lots to like with GOOG.

IMO, with all the FCF they generate and all the billions in extra cash they've got sitting around, they should keep doing the serious share repurchases at the current price level, and maybe even consider *GASP* a dividend!

Last edited by treasurekidd; 10-27-2022 at 01:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 02:41 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,193,200 times
Down goes AMZN! Back to summer 2018 levels. AAPL down but hanging in there. Big tech completely wrecked this week. Wow, think the tech bottom is getting close.

Old 10-27-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
Down goes AMZN! Back to summer 2018 levels. AAPL down but hanging in there. Big tech completely wrecked this week. Wow, think the tech bottom is getting close.
AAPL after hours almost back to the closing mark. Very strong quarter - top and bottom line beat, iPhone sales up, Services up, Mac up, Wearables Up, everything up except iPad, which is the smallest segment. This was a very strong quarter all things considered. You never know with this market, but I'd guess AAPL is in the green tomorrow.

Old 10-27-2022, 03:06 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,193,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
AAPL after hours almost back to the closing mark. Very strong quarter - top and bottom line beat, iPhone sales up, Services up, Mac up, Wearables Up, everything up except iPad, which is the smallest segment. This was a very strong quarter all things considered. You never know with this market, but I'd guess AAPL is in the green tomorrow.
Including the regular session, AAPL down ~5% today. Hanging in there but not sure it’s immune from the tech wreck either.

Old 10-27-2022, 03:17 PM

13,080 posts, read 7,527,706 times
+$AMZN. WTF in afterhours. see trades thread.

Old 10-27-2022, 03:27 PM

3,788 posts, read 5,335,473 times
Bought a CD. One month, 3.3% APR. Just to see what I will see.

Back when CDs had higher interest rates, I used to use 1- and 3-month CDs as kind of a money market fund for my cash float that would be needed within that year.

Old 10-27-2022, 03:37 PM

1,078 posts, read 629,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
+$AMZN. WTF in afterhours. see trades thread.
I agree. With a long-term mindset, this is a great time to start buying up shares. And keep buying them even if this takes a couple/few quarters to right itself. AWS is a powerhouse.

I wish companies would just stop providing guidance. Case in point: I'm listening to the Apple earnings call right now, and they will no longer provide revenue guidance. And with my long-term positions, I must confess that I don't care in the slightest what analysts predict.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
Including the regular session, AAPL down ~5% today. Hanging in there but not sure it’s immune from the tech wreck either.
An hour into the conference call and AAPL is now up AH.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE42 View Post
I agree. With a long-term mindset, this is a great time to start buying up shares. And keep buying them even if this takes a couple/few quarters to right itself. AWS is a powerhouse.

I wish companies would just stop providing guidance. Case in point: I'm listening to the Apple earnings call right now, and they will no longer provide revenue guidance. And with my long-term positions, I must confess that I don't care in the slightest what analysts predict.
I agree with you on guidance, but if companies stopping giving guidance the analysts would really have to work for a living lol.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:01 PM

7,852 posts, read 3,843,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE42 View Post
I've been steadily buying, and there's research showing that November, December, and January are amongst a small group of the best-performing months. I posted this table in another thread, so C-D won't let me post it now. Another interesting statistic I've shared in the past is that the 3rd year of every presidency going back to WWII has been a positive year for the market. It'll be interesting to see how things play out through 2023!
-- Aaaaaaaaaand importing lemons from Mexico drives down highway fatalities.

Hint: correlation ≠ causation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing