Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 02:59 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That is not just a Muslim thing. Also it is not necessarily a hatred of the west. World wide and among all people the US and Israel come out to be among the most hated nations on earth.

Here are the results /opinions that seem to be consistent with the polls

Top 10 List of Most Hated Countries in the World 2015

What does make it seem Muslims hate the USA are because the 9 Nations that disapprove of the US the most are very vocal Islamic Nations.

9 Countries That Hate America Most - TIME
You may want to read your links before posting them, since one of these is propaganda garbage as stated below:

Quote:
United States of America topped the list of being most hated by people, there is several reason of their hate one might be that America is strongest ally of most hatred nation Israel which massacred million of people in Palestine till now on the name of war.
FWIW: Domain is fake as it jumps through three different owners with a starting point in Panama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 06:38 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You may want to read your links before posting them, since one of these is propaganda garbage as stated below:

FWIW: Domain is fake as it jumps through three different owners with a starting point in Panama
I do agree it is propaganda. But sadly the USA and Israel are the 2 most hated nations on earth. The reasons might be wrong but they are believed by enough people to make them the most hated nations.

Your input is appreciated and I hape you always are available to remind us there are 2 sides to every story and polls can be swayed by populat opinion which might really just be the loudest.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I do agree it is propaganda. But sadly the USA and Israel are the 2 most hated nations on earth. The reasons might be wrong but they are believed by enough people to make them the most hated nations.

Your input is appreciated and I hope you always are available to remind us there are 2 sides to every story and polls can be swayed by popular opinion which might really just be the loudest.
Woodrow,

In the spirit of this forum, was it setup to discuss Islam and its values or a safe haven for hatemongers to walk the gray area where was Muslims have to protect their religion by countering false statements with other false statements in an attempt to gain the upper hand instead of simply stating the truth.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:02 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Woodrow,

In the spirit of this forum, was it setup to discuss Islam and its values or a safe haven for hatemongers to walk the gray area where was Muslims have to protect their religion by countering false statements with other false statements in an attempt to gain the upper hand instead of simply stating the truth.
Sadly the forum seems to have come under attack by militant anti-Islamics. They refuse to accept any thing from Islamic references so have to rely on non-Islamic sites for sources.

The fact is the USA and Israel are the 2 most hated Nations on Earth.

The reasons they are hated so much is because many people do believe Israel is an aggressor and is supported by the USA.

My point was not to say that is true of false, but to point out that is what many people believe. Whichis why so many people hate the US and Israel.

I do wish the article I posted had left that out and just stated the US and Israel are the 2 most Hated nations and not try to explain why. But it didn't. But I was not going to toss out an article that was the best summary of the polls.

Now to try to tie this all back in with the thread. It was a reply to Modedernist1. Who asked why so many Muslims hate the US.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Sadly the forum seems to have come under attack by militant anti-Islamics. They refuse to accept anything from Islamic references so have to rely on non-Islamic sites for sources.

The reasons they are hated so much is because many people do believe Israel is an aggressor and is supported by the USA.

My point was not to say that is true of false, but to point out that is what many people believe. Which is why so many people hate the US and Israel.

I do wish the article I posted had left that out and just stated the US and Israel are the 2 most Hated nations and not try to explain why. But it didn't. But I was not going to toss out an article that was the best summary of the polls.

Now to try to tie this all back in with the thread. It was a reply to Modedernist1. Who asked why so many Muslims hate the US.
Problem is that while attempting to respond to them, you inadvertently hijacked the thread back on #29 when you dragged Israel into this thread and thus sending it in another direction.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:08 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,117,418 times
It does seem that politics and religion can be so intertwined that its almost impossible to talk about one without bringing up the other.

Last edited by Aeroman; 12-10-2015 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Was a jewish state created by illegal aliens flooding into palestine

Old 12-12-2015, 05:41 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Quote:
Sadly the forum seems to have come under attack by militant anti-Islamics. They refuse to accept any thing from Islamic references so have to rely on non-Islamic sites for sources.

Islam is at war with all peoples, religions, and governments... say Islamic sources.
= = =

"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=83756

= = =
Muslim Blooper Reel
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f8a_1431048756

= = =

As to "millions of deaths" - - -

POLITICAL ISLAM
Tears of Jihad (1400 years and counting)
Kafir Deaths (cumulative)
• Christians : 60 million
• Buddhists : 10 million
• Hindus : 80 million
• Africans : 120 million
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Total : 270 million
Source : Political Islam - Islam's ideology about unbelievers, Kafirs
(Not to mention the millions captured, enslaved and abused.)
. . . .
When you challenge Muslims about the contradictions in the scriptures, they retort : There is no contradiction in Islam.

Whatever advances Islam is deemed moral, which means it is not religion, but a totalitarian system that does not make the distinction between good and evil.

Abrogation - where the latter text overrides the earlier text.
Sura 2:106 We do not abrogate a verse of cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?

Sura 16:101 And when We substitute a verse in place of a verse - and Allah is more knowing of what He sends down - they say, “You, [O Muhammad], are but an inventor [of lies].” But most of them do not know.

Sura 17:86 And if We willed, We would surely do away with that which We revealed to you. Then you would not find yourself concerning it an advocate against us.
Ex:
Qu’ran
Mecca (early) 109:1 “You have your religion, and I have mine.”
Medina (late) 8:12 “I shall cast terror into the hearts of the Kafirs (unbelievers). Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.”
Guess which one overrides the other?
Guess which one represents the “real” Allah?

You are being redirected...
9:5. Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun {unbelievers} wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat {the Islamic ritual prayers}), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Thus, you can “believe” them when they say there is no “violence” in the religion of Peace!

FROM THE KORAN (QUR’AN):
• -- The unbelievers among the people of the book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. (98.6).
• -- Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve. (8.55)
• --The unbelievers are your inveterate enemy. (4:101)
• -- Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. (48:29).
• -- It is unlawful for a believer to kill another believer, accidents excepted. (4:92)
• -- Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. (5:51)
• -- Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme. (8:40)
• -- Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme. (2:193)
• -- The true believers fight for the cause of God, but the infidels fight for the devil. (4:76)
• -- We will put terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. (3:151)
• -- I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers. (8:12)
(in general, kafir = infidel = unbeliever = disbeliever = nonMuslim)
FROM THE SAYINGS OF MUHAMMAD:
• -- Muhammad said to the Jews: "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. “
• -- Allah's Apostle said, "You (i.e. Muslims) will fight with the Jews till some of them will hide behind stones. The stones will (betray them) saying, 'O 'Abdullah (i.e. slave of Allah)! There is a Jew hiding behind me; so kill him.' "
• -- Mohammed said, "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (otherwise it will not).
• -- Mohammed said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him."
• -- Mohammed said, "No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir" (infidel).
• -- Muhammad said: "Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war, …"
In addition, the most popular manual of Islamic sacred law, approved by the highest Islamic religious authorities of Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, says:
"Jihad means to make war on non-Muslims."
What could be clearer than that?

And, how about this:
Ayatollah Khomeini, the most important Moslem leader of the 20th Century, said:
"Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those who say this are witless.
Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured?
Islam says: Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter their armies....
Islam says: whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword and in the shadow of the sword!
People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! the sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for the Holy Warriors! There are hundreds of other Koranic psalms and Hadiths urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim."
And, how about this:
From Jihad in Islam by Sayyeed Abdul A'la Maududi, one of the most prolific and most widely read and influential Islamic writers of the 20th Century:
“The goal of Islam is to rule the entire world and submit all of mankind to the faith of Islam. Any nation or power that gets in the way of that goal, Islam will fight and destroy.”
Sina’s Challenge re: Mohammed
Sina's Challenge
Muslim’s defense of Mohammed : Moral relativism and situational ethics, e.g., “In those days, pedophilia, assassination, rape, raid, pillage, massacre and lying, were common practices, so Muhammad is innocent because he did what everyone else was doing.” Muslims even go as far as to question the legitimacy of the Golden Rule to claim I do not have any basis to condemn Muhammad. In other words, who can say what is good and what is evil? That is up to the messenger of God to decide.
In short, MUSLIMS cannot discern what is good nor evil, only what their prophet says matters.

Last edited by jetgraphics; 12-12-2015 at 06:12 AM..

Old 12-12-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Islam is at war with all peoples, religions, and governments... say Islamic sources.
= = =

"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
Hadith about Jihad - Islam web - English

= = =
Muslim Blooper Reel
LiveLeak.com - The #Muslim Blooper Reel - Volume 1

= = =

As to "millions of deaths" - - -

POLITICAL ISLAM
Tears of Jihad (1400 years and counting)
Kafir Deaths (cumulative)
• Christians : 60 million
• Buddhists : 10 million
• Hindus : 80 million
• Africans : 120 million
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Total : 270 million
Source : Political Islam - Islam's ideology about unbelievers, Kafirs
(Not to mention the millions captured, enslaved and abused.)
. . . .
When you challenge Muslims about the contradictions in the scriptures, they retort : There is no contradiction in Islam.

Whatever advances Islam is deemed moral, which means it is not religion, but a totalitarian system that does not make the distinction between good and evil.

Abrogation - where the latter text overrides the earlier text.
Sura 2:106 We do not abrogate a verse of cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?

Sura 16:101 And when We substitute a verse in place of a verse - and Allah is more knowing of what He sends down - they say, “You, [O Muhammad], are but an inventor [of lies].” But most of them do not know.

Sura 17:86 And if We willed, We would surely do away with that which We revealed to you. Then you would not find yourself concerning it an advocate against us.
Ex:
Qu’ran
Mecca (early) 109:1 “You have your religion, and I have mine.”
Medina (late) 8:12 “I shall cast terror into the hearts of the Kafirs (unbelievers). Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.”
Guess which one overrides the other?
Guess which one represents the “real” Allah?

You are being redirected...
9:5. Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun {unbelievers} wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat {the Islamic ritual prayers}), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Thus, you can “believe” them when they say there is no “violence” in the religion of Peace!

FROM THE KORAN (QUR’AN):
• -- The unbelievers among the people of the book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. (98.6).
• -- Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve. (8.55)
• --The unbelievers are your inveterate enemy. (4:101)
• -- Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. (48:29).
• -- It is unlawful for a believer to kill another believer, accidents excepted. (4:92)
• -- Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. (5:51)
• -- Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme. (8:40)
• -- Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme. (2:193)
• -- The true believers fight for the cause of God, but the infidels fight for the devil. (4:76)
• -- We will put terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. (3:151)
• -- I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers. (8:12)
(in general, kafir = infidel = unbeliever = disbeliever = nonMuslim)
FROM THE SAYINGS OF MUHAMMAD:
• -- Muhammad said to the Jews: "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. “
• -- Allah's Apostle said, "You (i.e. Muslims) will fight with the Jews till some of them will hide behind stones. The stones will (betray them) saying, 'O 'Abdullah (i.e. slave of Allah)! There is a Jew hiding behind me; so kill him.' "
• -- Mohammed said, "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (otherwise it will not).
• -- Mohammed said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him."
• -- Mohammed said, "No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir" (infidel).
• -- Muhammad said: "Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war, …"
In addition, the most popular manual of Islamic sacred law, approved by the highest Islamic religious authorities of Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, says:
"Jihad means to make war on non-Muslims."
What could be clearer than that?

And, how about this:
Ayatollah Khomeini, the most important Moslem leader of the 20th Century, said:
"Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those who say this are witless.
Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured?
Islam says: Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter their armies....
Islam says: whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword and in the shadow of the sword!
People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! the sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for the Holy Warriors! There are hundreds of other Koranic psalms and Hadiths urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim."
And, how about this:
From Jihad in Islam by Sayyeed Abdul A'la Maududi, one of the most prolific and most widely read and influential Islamic writers of the 20th Century:
“The goal of Islam is to rule the entire world and submit all of mankind to the faith of Islam. Any nation or power that gets in the way of that goal, Islam will fight and destroy.”
Sina’s Challenge re: Mohammed
Sina's Challenge
Muslim’s defense of Mohammed : Moral relativism and situational ethics, e.g., “In those days, pedophilia, assassination, rape, raid, pillage, massacre and lying, were common practices, so Muhammad is innocent because he did what everyone else was doing.” Muslims even go as far as to question the legitimacy of the Golden Rule to claim I do not have any basis to condemn Muhammad. In other words, who can say what is good and what is evil? That is up to the messenger of God to decide.
In short, MUSLIMS cannot discern what is good nor evil, only what their prophet says matters.
ISIS

Generalizing what Muslims do is wrong when one drills down to the facts.

Quote:
On September 5, ISIS executed three Sunni women in Mosul. What was their “crime”? They refused to provide medical care to ISIS fighters.
- On September 9, ISIS executed a Sunni Imam in western Mosul for refusing to swear loyalty to ISIS.
- On August 2, a man from the Salah ad Din province was abducted and beheaded for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
-On August 19, a female Muslim doctor south of Mosul was killed for organizing a protest to object to ISIS’ mandate that female doctors cover their faces with religious veils when treating patients
-On August 31, 19 Sunni Muslim men were executed in Saadiya for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
-On July 22, a Sunni Imam in Eastern Baquba was killed for simply denouncing ISIS.
-On September 9, ISIS executed two Muslim women by shooting them in the back of the head. Their exact “crime” was not known.
Quote:
the common thread in ISIS’ killings of Muslims has nothing to do with Islam. It has to do with absolute power. It doesn’t matter if you are a Sunni cleric or a Christian woman, your choice is to submit to ISIS or die.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:06 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,992 times
"Muslims have to start taking a more active role in fighting terriorism"

I cannot get even one Muslim to say that Muhammed was wrong to do any of the slaughtering and terrorism he did. I cannot get one Muslim to say that Allah should not be horribly torturing and terrorizing disbelievers for all eternity.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:46 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Quote:
the common thread in ISIS’ killings of Muslims has nothing to do with Islam. It has to do with absolute power. It doesn’t matter if you are a Sunni cleric or a Christian woman, your choice is to submit to ISIS or die.
I disagree.
It meshes entirely with the PROPHET'S OWN BEHAVIOR.

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and Lying
Such was the reputation of Muslims for lying and then killing that even those who "accepted Islam" did not feel entirely safe. Consider the fate of the Jadhima. When Muslim "missionaries" approached their tribe, one of the members insisted that they would be slaughtered even though they had already "converted" to Islam to avoid just such a demise. However, the others believed they could trust the Muslim leader's promise that they would not be harmed if they simply offered no resistance. (After convincing the skeptic to lay down his arms, the unarmed men of the tribe were quickly tied up and beheaded - Ibn Ishaq 834 & 837).
ISLAM embraces peace -and- mad-dog murder of its own.

Governments of Muslim dominated countries rely more on brutality than on the rule of law.

There is a reason why dictators thrive and democracy dies in Islam.

In Mideast, Bet on a Strong Horse :: Daniel Pipes
THE STRONG HORSE
Smith argues that Islam only respects warlords and strongmen. His proof is Osama bin Laden's comment in 2001, "When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, by nature, they will like the strong horse." What Smith calls the strong-horse principle contains two banal elements: Seize power and then maintain it. This principle predominates because Arab public life has "no mechanism for peaceful transitions of authority or power sharing, and therefore [it] sees political conflict as a fight to the death between strong horses." Violence, Smith observes is "central to the politics, society, and culture of the Arabic-speaking Middle East." It also, more subtly, implies keeping a wary eye on the next strong horse, triangulating, and hedging bets.

Smith argues that the strong horse principle, not Western imperialism or Zionism, "has determined the fundamental character of the Arabic-speaking Middle East." The Islamic religion itself both fits into the ancient pattern of strong-horse assertiveness and then promulgates it. Muhammad, the Islamic prophet, was a strongman as well as a religious figure. Sunni Muslims have ruled over the centuries "by violence, repression, and coercion." Ibn Khaldun's famous theory of history amounts to a cycle of violence in which strong horses replace weak ones. The humiliation of dhimmis daily reminds non-Muslims who rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam