Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 06:09 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
You obviously support these terrorist actions TD - you are as bad as they are.
And you support the American terrorists - as 'good' as they are.

I don't view American soldiers in Iraq as anything other than wolves in sheep clothing who pretend to have invaded Iraq for their own good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You obviously support these terrorist actions TD - you are as bad as they are.
Greatday; you fight dirty and it's really not cool. What a terrible terrible thing to accuse someone of. Absolutely disgusting.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:37 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen
Quote:
Greatday; you fight dirty and it's really not cool. What a terrible terrible thing to accuse someone of. Absolutely disgusting.
Obviously when you don't agree with Greatday you can only be a supporter of terrorists.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
He is an apologist for the Islamic terrorists - he condones their killing of innocent children and others

Old 05-05-2008, 07:01 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
He is an apologist for the Islamic terrorists - he condones their killing of innocent children and others
That is not what I read. I agree that terrorists are the scum of the earth, but plenty has been done in the name of almost all religions that we should all be ashamed of.

Instead of pointing fingers at others beliefs and making out that our beliefs are the only true beliefs, we should be pulling together at this time in history.
Those who are not extremists (the majority of people on the earth) should be pulling together and letting it be known that atrocities from ANY place is unacceptable.

I truely felt very sad reading this thread and all the blame and finger pointing going on in it.

One person even has the audacity to say that Muhammad was 'just a man', whereas Jesus is the 'savior of mankind'. What an unkind and arrogant thing to say!

I was raised Christian and what I have read in this thread from people who say they are Christian is about as unchristian as anything I have seen. And Greatday IMHO, your comment is the least Christian of all.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
How many Iraqis would think that the current situation is a whole lot better?
At least under Saddam they weren't living in a war zone.

Finally, if you want to talk about being treated unjustly and even brutally by the (government) system, take a look at the US prison system. There are innocent people in there (as DNA testing continues to prove) and there are people in there for possession of marijuana (which hurts nobody aside from, possibly, themselves). There have been people locked away for engaging in consensual sex, and so on.
So even though the US is by no means as bad as Saddam Hussein's Iraq, it would be a gross exaggeration to say that in the United States nobody innocent ever gets victimized by those in power. It would also be inaccurate to say that it doesn't happen very often, because it happens a lot.
So, using the same logic that was used to justify the invasion of Iraq, somebody should declare war on the United States. Somebody should 'liberate the US'. Any civilian deaths resulting from such an invasion would be justified, because they would be for the greater good. Even thousands and thousands of civilians deaths would be acceptable, as it would be a regrettable but necessary consequence of making the US into a truly free country, just like the Americans are doing right now in Iraq.
Mr Tricky D, you'd be living in the Nazi Netherlands if it weren't for the Americans. But of course YOU forgot about that little fact. You should get on you hands and knees and thank God that you didn't have to go to Hitler's youth camp. But you don't have to send any gifts, a simple thank you will do.

How quickly people forget.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:22 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Mr Tricky D, you'd be living in the Nazi Netherlands if it weren't for the Americans. But of course YOU forgot about that little fact. You should get on you hands and knees and thank God that you didn't have to go to Hitler's youth camp. But you don't have to send any gifts, a simple thank you will do.

How quickly people forget.
Actually Canada liberated the Netherlands...Get your facts straight.

Introduction - Veterans Affairs Canada

Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually Canada liberated the Netherlands...Get your facts straight.

Introduction - Veterans Affairs Canada
With all due respect to the Canadians because I love that country because they brought the greatest sports game in the world, hockey, to the USA, couldn't have done a lick without the USA in charge and fighting below them. If you think the Netherlands was liberated strictly because of Canadians, then you have no understanding of WWII.

The United States lost 292,000 soldiers in WWII to Canada's 37,000. So who do you think made the bigger sacrifice between the two?

It's undeniable that if the USA did not come to Great Britain's aid and if Germany was smart enough to stay out of Russia, all of western Europe would be speaking German.

WikiAnswers - How many soldiers died in World War 2

Last edited by juj; 05-05-2008 at 11:01 PM..

Old 05-05-2008, 11:11 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
If there are any muslims reading this, I just want to let you know that even though there is some people here who enjoys bashing others for their beliefs or enjoy flamewars instead of harmomy, there is people here that.

1 Want to continue knowing about your religion
2 Following Christ's example consider you our brothers
3 Want to live in perfect peace and harmony
4 Knows that most people who practice islam are good people even if the media and ignorance want to make us think different.

Don't be shy keep posting, and remember the truth is the truth no matter what, and the truth is so complex that is too big to fit in one religion, hence the different religions that have spawned from that eternal truth, but nevertheless we are all seekers of that eternal truth and every sincere seeker which knows that God, Spirit, Brahman, Allah, Yaveh, Nivrvana is nothing else but supreme love, infinite wisdom, eternal life, righteousness and virtue is to be respected.

Divine mother, may you live forever in the sanctuary of my devotion and let your love awaken in the hearts of all thy children!!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
With all due respect to the Canadians because I love that country because they brought the greatest sports game in the world, hockey, to the USA, couldn't have done a lick without the USA in charge and fighting below them. If you think the Netherlands was liberated strictly because of Canadians, then you have no understanding of WWII.

It's undeniable that if the USA did not come to Great Britain's aid and if Germany was smart enough to stay out of Russia, all of western Europe would be speaking German.
The US didn't even enter the war until after Pearl Harbor, more than two years after it began, and probably wouldn't had Hitler not declared war on the US four days after Pearl Harbor. I'm not belittling the US contribution to the war at all, but the fact remains that the German troops occupying the Netherlands surrendered to a Canadian General, and today the people there still consider Canadians as the liberators.

The Battle of Britain ended in May 1941, months before the US entered the war in December of that same year....Don't say I have no understanding of this war....That is nothing short of insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam